Official UEFA Cup 07/08 Thread

Lineker

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. I'm sad now.

Just didn't finish our chances, while Zenit did. Pretty even game otherwise, except maybe a bunch of long shots from the Russians. And a bunch of time wasting from Zenit. But that balanced itself out with Darcheville's fucking diving. He's a big black beast, why does he need to dive? Tool.

Hopefully Zenit will be banned from the UEFA Cup next year due to the pitch invasion. It would be history reversed (Rangers were banned after a pitch invasion after beating Dynamo Moscow for the old Cup Winners' Cup).

I think it was out of necessity to have him around more than anything, considering they didn't have another registered goalkeeper available at the time. But then when they had their choices he carried on with his rehab and whatnot. I do think he's one for the future, but he's certainly 3rd choice at the moment. If they offload Van Der Sar, then Foster would be #2.

I know that, so if he was fit enough to play 90 minutes in that match how come he hasn't been on the bench? That was months ago.

He wasn't fit and was only used because VDS and Kuszczak were unavailable (which you know as you pointed it out yourself). It doesn't take a genius to work out why a player coming back after a long term injury isn't rushed back into the first team.

I know that, so if he was fit enough to play 90 minutes in that match how come he hasn't been on the bench? That was months ago.

He wasn't fit and was only used because VDS and Kuszczak were unavailable (which you know as you pointed it out yourself). It doesn't take a genius to work out why a player coming back after a long term injury isn't rushed back into the first team.

I know we're drifting off topic, but assuming all 3 keepers are still at United next season then you really think Foster will be on the bench ahead of Kuszczak? He's got more chance of being loaned out again than that.

I know we're drifting off topic, but assuming all 3 keepers are still at United next season then you really think Foster will be on the bench ahead of Kuszczak? He's got more chance of being loaned out again than that.

Considering Ferguson has previously said that Foster will eventually succeed VDS, and that he's only a year younger than Kuszczak, yes I do.

This seems to have become the Official Ben Foster Thread now.

Anyway to chuck my opinion in, he seems to have decent potential but hasn't delivered much. I remember he, Scott Carson and Robert Green were supposed to be the new golden generation of English goalkeepers. Perhaps not.

Edited by metalman

You may be thinking of the orchestra-type song?

Palladio?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnriGo-IPEU

That one?

Scala played it on Britains Got Talent too;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8E2DyXO3Tk

Some sexy string quartet. The version at the football sounded more like Scala's version than the others.

Anyways - was that any help? Was that the song you were thinking of or did I miss it?

Just watching a few youtube videos.

A lot of Rangers fans are animals.

If it was an English club, we'd probably be banned from europe next year.

Glad they got beat now.

Edited by RingysTaintLickerDan