Jose Mourinho has left Chelsea.

FLiam

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

Avram Grant? That's just silly. For someone who wanted attractive football, Abramovich put the guy who turned Israel into an insanely defensive team in charge of his club. It's not that bad an appointment, it's just very strange. Not to mention Grant's a psychopath, so I expect him to be warming the seat for someone, unless they've lost the plot.

Avram Grant? That's just silly. For someone who wanted attractive football, Abramovich put the guy who turned Israel into an insanely defensive team in charge of his club. It's not that bad an appointment, it's just very strange. Not to mention Grant's a psychopath, so I expect him to be warming the seat for someone, unless they've lost the plot.

This is gay, I heard it last night on the radio and just laughed thinking it was a wind-up that'd got taken seriously. I woke up this morning and the radio was still on, and they were talking about how Avram Grant was taking over as manager. Mourinho is a footballing legend, I'll love him no matter where he manages (so long as it isn't United, which it won't be, thank God).

In fact, fuck managing, he needs his own TV show, where he just moans about the week's football news/games and comes out with some funny shit. I'd watch it.

Guest Ringmaster

Well psychopath's a strong word, but he's not stable :shifty:.

For one thing, he had loads of scandals in Israel where he was involved with the mob. IIRC one of those involved being linked with the death of a Russian guy. Then again so's Gaydamak so that's not that big a deal. There's also the fact that he's a supporter of the right-wing of the Likkud and refused to let Arabs play for the Israeli national team until he was pushed into doing so under severe scrutiny. His argument was that he would be playing football when the Resurrection/Messiah came along and he needed a fully fit squad of people who would be granted entry into heaven, this apparently did not involve Israeli-Arabs. Then there was the fact he admitted to asking his Rabbi to pick his starting XI on more than one occasion, the fact he "punished" (I'm not sure how) players that didn't keep kosher, that he would refuse to train on the sabbath and that interview wise, he would employ a lot of philosophical nonsense that lead nowhere. Still, much like the case of Raymond Domenech or Luis Aragones it was fun to keep track of whatever he did because there was always some form of hilarity involved.

I don't know if this is because he was given free reign in Israel but he was completely coocoo, IMO.

For one thing, he had loads of scandals in Israel where he was involved with the mob. IIRC one of those involved being linked with the death of a Russian guy. Then again so's Gaydamak so that's not that big a deal. There's also the fact that he's a supporter of the right-wing of the Likkud and refused to let Arabs play for the Israeli national team until he was pushed into doing so under severe scrutiny. His argument was that he would be playing football when the Resurrection/Messiah came along and he needed a fully fit squad of people who would be granted entry into heaven, this apparently did not involve Israeli-Arabs. Then there was the fact he admitted to asking his Rabbi to pick his starting XI on more than one occasion, the fact he "punished" (I'm not sure how) players that didn't keep kosher, that he would refuse to train on the sabbath and that interview wise, he would employ a lot of philosophical nonsense that lead nowhere. Still, much like the case of Raymond Domenech or Luis Aragones it was fun to keep track of whatever he did because there was always some form of hilarity involved.

I don't know if this is because he was given free reign in Israel but he was completely coocoo, IMO.

Thank God Sahar and Ben Haim are Jews..

Well the plus side of this is Chelsea might occasionally fill out their stadium and might play some football that doesn't make little children cry. :D

Interview-wise he was gold, but as a manager he annoyed me because his teams play the most boring football.

I like the fact the "life-long Chelsea fans" have arrived at Stamford Bridge and are demanding him back. Yeah, like that'll happen.