5. The White Stripes

6. Leonard Cohen

7. Pink Floyd

8. Soundgarden

9. Velvet Underground

10. The Clash

(Y)

Edited by Basquiat

Some of these lists have been really cringeworthy, not mentioning any names...

I was uming and ahing over this for a long time, until I realised we were allowed solo artists as well as bands. I'll still be kicking myself in a week for forgetting people, though, I know it...so, consider this a list of some of my current favourites mixed with the all-timers, I guess.

1. Tom Waits

2. The Smiths

3. Scott Walker

4. Joy Division

5. Captain Beefheart (& His Magic Band)

6. The Lucksmiths

7. The Velvet Underground

8. Björk

9. The Pogues

10. Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Edited by skummy.222

Guest Basquiat

Gah, dammit, Skummy. Now I have to alter my list thanks to your horrid "reminding me of things I forgot."

-Presidents +Velvet Underground

But to be fair, people who live in glass houses filled with Godspeed You Black Emperor albums shouldn't throw stones. :shifty:

Edited by Basquiat

Edited mine to include Joy Division because I'm an idiot and forgot them. Also, I don't think it's elitist to say that I, personally, have found plenty of these lists abysmal. Oh boo hoo, I like bands you might not have heard of, and don't like bands you listen to, that doesn't make me elitist, it makes me someone with my own tastes. I'm sure plenty of people are going to read my list and think "how the fuck can he like them, he should listen to Creed" or somesuch, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

• Like 1

Edited mine to include Joy Division because I'm an idiot and forgot them. Also, I don't think it's elitist to say that I, personally, have found plenty of these lists abysmal. Oh boo hoo, I like bands you might not have heard of, and don't like bands you listen to, that doesn't make me elitist, it makes me someone with my own tastes. I'm sure plenty of people are going to read my list and think "how the fuck can he like them, he should listen to Creed" or somesuch, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Pointing it out though is elitist though. We'll listen to what we want to, and you obviously have the same right. In the end some of us aren't as fussed by music to search for every niche band, un-mainstream band, bands that inspired the ones we listen to etcetera - it doesn't mean we're inferior music fans though.