Quality albums you forget about

YI

Hundred Reasons - I hated the singers' drawl on the song 'Silver' - awful, and worse live. Totally put me off wanting to listen to anything they ever did.

'100 Broken Windows' by Idlewild

'Good Feeling' by Travis (the only one of theirs I can listen to throughout as it's a great album, The Man Who had either good or pish songs, whereas everything since has been so uninteresting and bland beyond belief)

'Word Gets Around' by Stereophonics - another 'band' (or solo artist) whose first two albums were great, then bar about two songs since, have been bland/crap. Shame, saw them at V99 and was so into them at that time.

'Attack of the Grey Lantern' by Mansun

'Significant Other' by Limp Bizkit. Nowhere near my favourite band or genre, but that album was great back in the day, 1999 or so, and very energetic on stage.

Hundred Reasons - I hated the singers' drawl on the song 'Silver' - awful, and worse live. Totally put me off wanting to listen to anything they ever did.

'100 Broken Windows' by Idlewild

'Good Feeling' by Travis (the only one of theirs I can listen to throughout as it's a great album, The Man Who had either good or pish songs, whereas everything since has been so uninteresting and bland beyond belief)

'Word Gets Around' by Stereophonics - another 'band' (or solo artist) whose first two albums were great, then bar about two songs since, have been bland/crap. Shame, saw them at V99 and was so into them at that time.

'Attack of the Grey Lantern' by Mansun

'Significant Other' by Limp Bizkit. Nowhere near my favourite band or genre, but that album was great back in the day, 1999 or so, and very energetic on stage.

Excuse me, but are you actually me? Apart from Significant Other obviously. Your Hundred Reasons problem can be remedied with the knowledge that Silver was the single that the lead singer didn't sing (barring the chorus). The fatty (who I believe has now quit) sang that one.

I like the song 'Silver', and also was going to say that having seen them at Reading, that song, and them in general, were surprisingly awesome.

"Permission To Land" by The Darkness, farking about in videos and catsuits aside, it's a fucking awesome album, not one bad track.

Dammit, people keep listing albums I should have listed. They made commerical rock fun again, and spot on, no bad tracks.

"Permission To Land" by The Darkness, farking about in videos and catsuits aside, it's a fucking awesome album, not one bad track.

Dammit, people keep listing albums I should have listed. They made commerical rock fun again, and spot on, no bad tracks.

What about Black Shuck, the dog that don't give a fuck?

Especially the dog that don't give a fuck.....>_>

Actually, that was one of the weaker tracks, but still pretty good.

OK Computer

I know that sounds weird but I really do find Radiohead to be overrated shit besides a couple of the more popular songs (Creep, High and Dry and Street Spirit), and that follows through to In Rainbows but whenever I put on OK Computer I can see where people get their Radiohead boners from. Too bad they haven't managed to do anything remotely on that level since.

The first Darkness album is actually a bloody good little album, I doubt I'll ever sit and listen to it again, but if it comes on at a party or anything, it's class; especially Get Your Hands Off My Woman.

Their B-sides own all, though. Planning Permission, Curse Of The Tollund Man and especially How Dare You Call This Love are all awesome.

Also, add everything by Mazzy Star to this list. They came on the playlist in the coffee shop I was in last night, and I'd all but forgotten the days of teenage moping in my room with dim lights and "Fade Into You" playing endlessly. It just makes you want to give yourself a massive hug.

Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death:

Seriously this thing is gold all the through but for some reason forget about it, and don't listen to them at all for months before rediscovering it like an Alzheimer's patient rediscovers masturbation.

A pleasant surprise.

Dig it.

I agree with you here, it seems that my love of the Dead Kennedys has been waning over the last year or so. Not because they suck, but because I continue to explore other avenues in music. It seems a lot of my attention to the Dead Kennedys goes to the Plastic Surgery Disasters and Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables albums. Pull My Strings is probably one of the best live songs I've ever heard on any album from any band, really a fantastic song with witty lyrics.

And since you mentioned the Dead Kennedys, Frankenchrist is really a fucking amazing album. It's probably the best example of the Dead Kennedys infusing surf with punk, and they do it so well. If there was a genre called "Demented Surf", I think this album would personify it.