Good sleep music?

slain

Some nights I have trouble sleeping, so I listen to music on a fairly low volume. Our Lady Peace or Matthew Good Band usually does the trick, but I'd like to make a CD of different songs that can help me sleep. Preferably really slow rock and stuff(Genesis and Phil Collins does the trick too). So give me some suggestions, so I can make a great sleeping CD.

I've got a playlist set up specifically for this purpose, and it consists mostly of Explosions In The Sky, Mogwai, A Silver Mt. Zion and SunnO))) & Boris, with the odd track by Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks theme will do the job), or someone like This Mortal Coil or Antony & The Johnsons.

Explosions in the Sky or Band of Horses.

Seconding these. I also have a whole lot of ambient albums that I usually play to help me get sleep. Boards Of Canada is a very good choice, as well as Global Communication and Steve Roach's ambient works like "Terraform" and "Space & Time".

"Bring Me Down" by Puddle Of Mudd.

"Wake up, and fall back asleep, you're slowly fading".

Worked this morning with it's subliminal messages. Made me late for a riveting maths lecture at Uni. <_>

I'd suggest songs without words, as I find myself singing/following along with the words in my head.