THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

Old school Avenged is badass. It's got progressively worse, however, and having a friend who never stops pimping the new album resulted in my actually giving it a chance. It was one of the worse albums I'd ever heard. And what the fuck is with ripping off Faith by George Michael?

It really fuckin' hurts! :(

I don't know what it is about the new album. I listen to it and know full fuckin' well the vast majority of music fans are going to shit all over it. Yet, I get a little bit happier everytime I listen to it.

I'd call it a guilty pleasure, but I don't feel guilty liking it. Hell, I love it. I've been a fan since Waking the Fallen, so maybe it's just my loyalty but whatever. I also met the guys and they me the album for free and they were so bloody good to me and my mate after playing that I can't possibly ever think anything bad of them, ever.

:)

How you uh, how you comin' on that countdown you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte countdown you're working on there?
Couldn't someone else tally the votes from the other thread and finish up this one already?

That 'someone else' being someone else but me.

It'd barely been a week, so you pair can shut up, GTFO or do it all yourself next time.

I've got to say, even as a BIG Avenged fan, the new album is poor in comparison to Waking The Fallen and City of Evil, from a technical standpoint, you can't fault them as usual, but they've tried to cram too much in, too many different styles and the album doesn't flow, its just ten disjointed tracks that happen to be on the same CD. I personally think they've come down a bit Vince Russo, without a producer to say 'hang on, that's a bit naff, try this', they've all been patting each other on the backs at their great ideas and saying 'Rad' and 'Stoked' alot.

Edited by IWGP

I'm definitely not on the Blink 182 wagon, I can't stand them.

Nirvana was arguably the best grunge band ever and really influenced alot of punk music so they deserve to be right there.

GNR and Queen are two of the most rescognizable bands in the world so just for sheer name value they are in a good place. Who doesn't love "We Will Rock You"?

Thank god Queen didn't win. And thank god GNR and Nirvana beat Queen. Blink are boring, RHCP are decent enough but aint heard too much of their stuff beyond the usual 'Can't Stop', 'Higher Ground', 'By The Way' and a few others.

Who doesn't love "We Will Rock You"?

Me. :P

The real question is, who doesn't love Sweet Child O' Mine? :P