American Gladiators

Krone

When the guys were doing the scramble up the pyramid the first time around, I was so frigging pissed off at Toa. He had that guy in red down the whole time, and then at the very end he just decides to do this frigging retarded diving tackle RIGHT over the guys head, and he almost got to the top for that. That shit doesn't need to look impressive, it just needs to look like the gladiators are doing their friggin' best to DESTROY the guys\girls. It's ten times better when the regular people find a way to get around the gladiators instead of having some big screw up. But I mean, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.. that was the first episode. Maybe tonight, or over time it'll get a little better.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's American Gladiators... people will watch until the nostalgia wears off and the writer's strike ends and we all realize why it had been off the air for over a decade. This kind of show is great for syndication, but it won't work in prime time on a major network when there's actually stuff to watch on TV.

Why did they get Dog The Bounty Hunter to play Wolf?

I know it isnt legitimately him but the guy looks like him. I was expecting him to handcuff and mace the Sales rep who by the way was a total dick.

Watched it last night and will watch it tonight.

Was pretty interesting, although it is blatantly obvious some of the gladiators are horrible. The gigantic black one (Mayhem I think his name was) screwing up in the exact same method twice in a row was hilarious. Same for Helga being seemingly useless at stopping the two chicks in the gauntlet. The two dark haired chicks (Crush and Syren I think their names were) seem to be decent at it.

I can see Wolf being taken two ways by people and that's it. People will either grow really bored of the 'gimmick' quickly or people will absolutely love him. I shall fall into the latter category.

Kind of cool to find out Toa is one of The Rock's cousins though.

Seeing Michael O'Dell just made me chuckle.

Hogan and Ali are horrible hosts though, especially Hogan. His banter was horribly forced and not even remotely as charismatic as he's been in wrestling.

Although I highly doubt this will last long. The Gladiator stuff only really works in syndication. Oh well, should provide enough laughs and amusement for the time being.

Edited by Vilge Duin

Other thoughts I forgot the first time:

-Mayhem looks like Sharmell. Why the hell is he wearing a tube top?

-Koya had the personality of a cue card. I'm glad Venus won, not to mention her being pretty hot.

-I'm glad the Spider Monkey dude won too.

If I got nothing else going on tonight, I'll probably tune in. But I'm sure I'll probably forget afterwards, hence me hoping for a DVD set.

Well if England ever decied to re-launch the show, then i hope it's nothing like this. It really was, terrible. Then when i thought it was all over, they bring out another 4 contenders. This is where i stopped watching, so whether or not the other half of the show was any better, doubt im willing to find out.