American Gladiators

Krone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this show.

Cheesy dialogue, tiny gladiators, hosts with little to no charisma, classic events ruined. And I really, really think it might be scripted.

EDIT: Oh, and it's also WAY too gimmicky and has the same feel as a bad FOX game show.

Edited by KevinStorm

Random thoughts

1) Gina Carano is hot, but I think I'd take Siren first. I have a thing for redheads

2) I don't think Militia hurt his arm, I think his pride took a beating though when he could barely get to the 2nd ring

3) The mom blowing out her ACL at the ball rack = hilarious

4) Hellga and Stealth are both useless

5) Toa's samoan taunt was quality

6) The best move so far was Fury's rope-a-dope on that tilting apparatus

7) Koya hanging at the top of the treadmill and blowing a 1 minute plus lead was a nice way to start the first season

8) The fireman made hit and run look so easy, and the last 3 people made him look like a superhero by barely getting across the bridge once, or in one case not getting across at all

I was a fan of Wolf's pseudo Canadian Destroyer on the pyramid.

I'm willing to bet that Jeff guy was one of the only people really broken up when Gladiators got cancelled, he's probably been bitching about it for the last 14 years.

Quick thoughts on watching bits and pieces:

-Wolf = Win

-Gina Carano = Boner

-Hell, all the female Gladiators = Boner

-To add to that, the first two blue female competitors = Boner

-The first female blue competitor's injury = Probably fake, but still bonerworthy.

-Chad = Not enough points, way too many teeth.

-Toa > Umaga

i never thought gladiators were scripted, and don't know if they are or not, don't care its entertaining shit. I think it be good, and I like wolf. the Girls are much hotter then there counterparts from the original, as a whole at least. Don't know bout it being replayed, but a new episode is on tomorrow at 8 in what will be they usual time slot. At least what they said at end.

Some of those Old Gladiators where IRL Pro Football Players, track and field stars, Mr. Universe and stuff like that these guys don't seem to really be anything. Wolf is going to be fun to watch. I can't wait for Assault. That was my favorite event. How can you not like shooting Tennis Balls at each other?

Unfortunatly, no Atlasphere, but still, they had some good, new events. Only downside I thought was having no Gladiators in the Eliminator, but it seems tough enough without them, so all's well. Wolf is a beast, but so is that chinese dude who won the second episode. Remember guys, new episode tonight at 8:00pm on NBC!