Heath Ledger is Dead

GoGo Yubari

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they even finish filming the movie, and if they did do you think they would release it? I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

Yes filming is finished and of course they will release it. Warner Bros. has spent over $150 million dollars on the movie and it will certainly be released this year. They released The Crow when Brandon Lee died on the set of the film, how would it not be a good idea?

Holy crap, just last week I finished writing up a preview of Dark Knight for our magazine, and it mostly features pictures of him as the joker, watching that is going to be wierd. Like was said earlier, he will be remembered for a film that came out after his death. RIP Heath

EDIT: What Zero said.

RIP Heath. I believe he had also recently split from his wife.

Edited by IWGP

This really isn't the time or place to be discussing such a thing, but I think they kept Oliver Reed in Gladiator after he died, they even superimposed his face onto some random actor for a couple of unfinished scenes.

But this really is a shock, and quite tragic considering he has a 2 year old daughter or something, doesn't he? :/

Did they even finish filming the movie, and if they did do you think they would release it? I'm not sure that would be a good idea.

It's in post-production and I imagine it will be released with the film dedicated to Ledger; first of all, it's too costly to NOT release it, and I think it would be a bigger insult to Ledger to NOT release what is, by all accounts, one of his finest performances ever for the world to see.

Guest FlipRansom

Yes filming is finished and of course they will release it. Warner Bros. has spent over $150 million dollars on the movie and it will certainly be released this year. They released The Crow when Brandon Lee died on the set of the film, how would it not be a good idea?

I'm just saying if the Joker dies in the movie (I doubt it will) its kind of messed up to his family. Then again money is more important to WB.

Don't be such an arse. A man is dead for god's sake.

If this is really true then I am certainly shocked, I don't want to imply what the cause of death was, but you do have to question that if this was a suicide, how much of his own genuine feeling was put into the role of The Joker because if there's the one thing that really comes across in his performance, it's a man on the edge.

As many have said, his death will definately make him one of the 'immortal' men of Hollywood, especially considering he's just finished such a chilling role and he's such a fantastic actor, a James Dean or River Phoenix for a millenium that would never want one if it were up to the people, I'm sure.

I'm just saying if the Joker dies in the movie (I doubt it will) its kind of messed up to his family. Then again money is more important to WB.

It's a movie, these things happen. I can't think of a single time a movie has been canceled because one of the actors in it died. Again, look no further than The Crow - does anyone think that was disrespectful to Brandon Lee despite the fact that he gets shot several times in the movie?

And how, exactly, was he being inconsiderate? By suggesting (not that I agree) that they shouldn't release the movie out of respect for Heath?

I think IWGP was annoyed at the arbitrary "fuck big corporations" jab. Which I am too, a little. Especially because I can't imagine that Ledger's estate/family ISN'T going to get a lot of the proceeds for The Dark Knight that would have went to Ledger, so it's not like the WB is just going to hoard up the money and laugh their way to the bank over TDK.

This is just tragic, I am really saddened by this being a Perth boy Like Heath, I hate to suspect drugs as well especially because he has a 2 year old daughter, but considering he had recently split with his fiance it might be plausible... He was also set to star in a movie in 2009, so he hasn't been turning down all offers as it was already in production.

I really hope they tribute 'The Dark Knight' to Heath now, such a shame

R.I.P Heath Ledger - January 22 2008

Not to mention that The Crow was about a man coming back from the dead, and it was still released regardless.

My brother sent me a text about half an hour ago saying "The Joker's been found dead in his home", and I hadn't a clue what he meant. Now I do, and this is just surreal. There's really nothing to say, I've never been a big fan, but I was (and hopefully still am) massively looking forward to seeing him as The Joker, as all I've seen of him in the role has been perfect...but this is just so completely out of the blue, wow.

And how, exactly, was he being inconsiderate? By suggesting (not that I agree) that they shouldn't release the movie out of respect for Heath?

I took as he was saying the film would be released anyway, even in the unlikely event of the Ledger family being against it.