Heath Ledger is Dead

GoGo Yubari

If this is really true then I am certainly shocked, I don't want to imply what the cause of death was, but you do have to question that if this was a suicide, how much of his own genuine feeling was put into the role of The Joker because if there's the one thing that really comes across in his performance, it's a man on the edge.

I thought that myself, according to the wiki (not the most accurate of sources, I know) he apparently holed himself up in a hotel for a month beforehand, and kept a "Joker Diary" to get into the character. I know certain people are going to jump over it and point the finger at the movie for causing Ledger to go nuts, because it always happens, but fuck.

There's really nothing to say, I've never been a big fan, but I was (and hopefully still am) massively looking forward to seeing him as The Joker, as all I've seen of him in the role has been perfect...but this is just so completely out of the blue, wow.

Thats pretty much what I'm thinking now, yeah.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big shocker. I was flicking onto Yahoo to do a search and as the page changed i noticed a headline saying Heath Ledger was dead. Couldn't believe it. I've enjoyed his career, A Knight's Tale is one of my favourite films, and i was (and still am i guess) looking forward to The Dark Knight. He seamed primed to have a great future, it's such a shame he was cut down early. RIP

I thought that myself, according to the wiki (not the most accurate of sources, I know) he apparently holed himself up in a hotel for a month beforehand, and kept a "Joker Diary" to get into the character. I know certain people are going to jump over it and point the finger at the movie for causing Ledger to go nuts, because it always happens, but fuck.

I definitely thought of that. It's very chilling to consider now, and it's definitely going to be one of the most surreal performances in a film to watch once TDK comes out.

RIP to a very talented actor.

I really enjoyed him in "A Knight's Tale" even if it was a little weird in places, and I thought he was excellent opposite Jake in Brokeback Mountain.

This is a terrible shame.

Btw, the BBC have a couple of quotes from officers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7203797.stm

This makes me so sad. Ledger was such a magnificent actor, and I think that Brokeback Mountain was one of the best movies in years. I enjoyed him in A Knight's Tale and Ned Kelly, too, and I am looking forward seeing the new Batman movie. As harsh as it sounds, I'm glad they managed to finish The Dark Knight before he died... Rest in peace, mr. Ledger.

That's why so serious. :crying:

Oh, and Bushmeister: you punchline-stealing prick, you. ({)

Is it just me or are news channels and sites being very distateful in this.. very blunt first headline i saw was

HEATH LEDGER DEAD

i mean couldnt they be a little more respectful and say he has passed away or deceased, dead just sounds so full frontal, even like this thread has the is in there and not capitals which makes it slightly better, but that just stood out to me and didnt sit well

Jesus Christ, this is just... wow. There are no words :mellow: RIP Ledger.

Man... seeing the movie is going to be very, very surreal now.

Is it just me or are news channels and sites being very distateful in this.. very blunt first headline i saw was

HEATH LEDGER DEAD

i mean couldnt they be a little more respectful and say he has passed away or deceased, dead just sounds so full frontal, even like this thread has the is in there and not capitals which makes it slightly better, but that just stood out to me and didnt sit well

Most news stations use all caps and it's not the media's job to be delicate, it's their job to report and while I give the media a ton of shit, that's exactly how it should be reported and it's how it gets reported for everyone else.

Honestly, I only feel bad because I don't care. Not like I didn't respect the guy's acting ability, or I'm not looking forward to TDK, but I just have no feelings one way or the other on this. I'm so desensitized to shit like this now, its not even funny. Its fucked up he died so young, it really is, but its more fucked up that, unless its someone I personally know, I couldn't care less when someone dies.

Wow, this is horrible news. The new Batman is probably the most I've noticed and have been aware of Heath. Every line that has been heard in The Dark Knight trailers from him are the most chilling and epic lines I've ever heard. Hopefully the movie will display what a great actor he was.

R.I.P.