LOST Discussion ***SPOILERS***

PkmnTrainerJ

Why would Charlotte be Annie? That barely even makes sense.

She made a reference to never finding where she was born as her reason for wanting to stay on the island. It hasn't been explained what happened to Annie and its been said that she becomes a pivotal character in future episodes. It's a vague theory at best at the moment.

If she were Annie she would have been recognized as such. Ben was and is still very attached to her, and she has interacted with Ben with no mention of it. Not to mention the age differences, the different accents, etc.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched like 10 episodes in a row. Wow what an ending.

But are we supposed to get a) why Jack didn't want to be truthful and b) why Locke would have returned from the island under a fake alias?

My head is a bit fucked right now.

If she was supposedly born in 1979, wouldn't that be after the purge, meaning she'd be an Other, not Dharma, you'd think one of them would recognise one of their own.

Since she is looking for where she was born, I figure she was young, possibly a baby and so nobody would recognise her as an adult. Maybe Richar Alpert would know her, since his "job" on the island seems to be to look for special qualities in children.

I just finished watching season 3 yes I know I am behind, but was anyone else gutted when Charlie died? I actually hated him until the whole Desmond story kicked in and with his list etc. start genuinely caring about his character? Plus I heard they killed Jin off that's them killed my 2 favourite characters off in Eko and Jin now. :( There is only Desmond left now.

I was sad when Charlie died. Yeah, the character made some stupid decisions, but I could always understand why he did what he did. He was a pretty sympathetic character, I think, since he did go from a terrible life to one where he died to save others. He was one of my favorite characters, though there are few that I don't like.

Are there any characters that you guys don't like...at all? I can't stand Kate, personally. She just always makes the stupidest decisions that screw things up, and she has always been very selfish. I just...I dunno. It seems like there's more about her for me to dislike than there is for me to like, if that makes any sense.

Jack would be the one I can't stand. I think this season we really saw how big of a douche he is with his "I'M GOING TO SAVE YOU ALL AND GET YOU OFF THE ISLAND" but he was more interested in getting himself and his love Kate off than everyone else. Contrast that with Juliet who wanted to make sure everyone else got off before she herself left. Or to Sawyer who sacrificed his own rescue so that the others on the copter could make it to safety. Or to Michael who redeemed his previous crimes by dying for the others to be saved. That and his stubbornness to believe anything outside his "Man of Science" beliefs.

That being said, Locke has his moments where I don't like him either. But Jack and his hero complex is definitely the character I don't like at all.

I love Jack, and I think the whole point is to try and get to a place where he is desperate for the island. He's the hero, but he's got his problems. He's in love and he's got all these issues that we've seen build from day one. I like troubled Jack a lot, even if he can be a bit whiny and didn't really sacrifice himself for the others to get away from the island.

• 1 month later...

Just finished series 4 today. Love this show.

Someone told me Jack died, so I watched series 4 thinking he did. Glad he didn't.

As for the whole Locke death thing, well some people argue it is for a greater purpose. Interesting enough he used the alias Jeremy Bentham, a Utilitarian, and leading figure on Utilitarianism which is an ethical theory - The greatest happiness / good for the greater number of people. Which kind of hints that he did die for a greater cause of some sort.

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

This is what I love about this show. ANYONE could come up with a sensible theory if they put their mind to it.

Unfortunately, there is the other side of that coin.

Jack getting ill because he's pregnant, due to Alex having time travelled back with The Orchid before she died, and gave Jack her womb, which has a baby form of Jacob in it!

That's officially the stupidest theory I've read. It was on Lostpedia on Alex's theory page