LOST Discussion ***SPOILERS***

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was wow & damn.

Fuck me, roll on s5. What a finale.

Seeing Desmond get a happy ending, at least for now, brought a tear to my eye. As did Michael's heroics, superb. Glad to see him redeem himself.

Sawyer is and always be a hero.

Sawyer does have a daughter - remember the S3 episode when that chick he scammed AGEEEEEEES ago teamed up with Kate? She said he'd knocked her up...

ETA: Also - Jin got off, without a doubt. If you see the explosion, it blows up the deck first - and quite clearly, the very end of the boat doesn't blow up or get engulfed immediately. Jin was at the edge, shouting for the 'copter...

Edited by Katsuya

Sawyer does have a daughter - remember the S3 episode when that chick he scammed AGEEEEEEES ago teamed up with Kate? She said he'd knocked her up...

Gave the two the money, didn't he?

When he was in jail he helped the treasury department find $10 million and he had the reward money put in his daughters name.

Wow I completely forgot about that. This is one of the (many) reasons after Lost is over I really really want a DVD Box Set that does the show in chronological order. I would buy that fucker in a heartbeat.

Wow I completely forgot about that. This is one of the (many) reasons after Lost is over I really really want a DVD Box Set that does the show in chronological order. I would buy that fucker in a heartbeat.

Oddly, I thought about that the other day, if they don't release it I'll certainly be cutting it myself on the computer and putting it on DVD because it'd be killer to watch.

I really hope Faraday comes back for Season 5, though I don't know how. He would have been somewhere in between the boat and the island, but neither of those are out there any more. I'd really like to see him get picked up by Desmond and Penny on the Searcher and re-enter the story somehow. He and Desmond have a history, so it would be interesting.

Well, the funeral is 2007, so we still have on island Locke for season 5 :D

Plus I think we'll see post-island, pre-"suicide" Locke visiting Hurley, Walt etc.

EDIT: My point about Faraday also applies to Jin. If he survived the bomb, he'll be stranded in the middle of the ocean.

Edited by Lord Nibbler

Firstly, that episode was fantastic, and Lost really does know how to end a season.

As for Jin....if you watch where the explosion begins in the boat, and where Jin was in relation to the explosion, it doesn't matter if Jin jumped or not.

The force of that explosion would have blown him forward off the boat and into the water. Whether he was alive when he hit the water, or incinerated, I can not answer....but the force of that definitely took him off the boat.

I think he is alive, and somehow got transported with the island.

Which brings me to Farraday and the raft full of unnamed jobbers.

I saw where someone said they are left floating in the middle of the ocean.....BUT....

They were headed to the same place the helicopter was...which means that after the island disappeared, and before the helicopter crashed, they should have been visible to the people in the chopper.

So, here is my line of thinking......

The helicopter didn't get transported because it was in the air. I think because Jin, Farraday and crew, and even the sinking remnants of the boat were in the water, possibly over very, very deep extended land mass under the water, they all got transported along with the island where ever it went.

If you think about it, they never showed the freighter wreck again after the island moved.

As for TGC's theory that Charlotte is Ben's little girlfriend.....I think your right. It was the very first thing that came into my mind as soon as she claimed to possibly be from the island. Someone pointed out the age difference, but in that flashback, Annie looked to be a few years younger than Ben.....at least to me.

As for Desmond and Penny.......if Ben kills them, he will go from being my 3rd favorite character to being my least favorite....Desmond Fucking Rules!!!

They're on an island where one of the people doesn't age and on top of that Farraday has already said that time works differently on the island than it does in the real world PLUS the island just made a jump through space and time, Charlotte being Annie isn't something that couldn't happen.

Also, TGC stole my 'Lost island is Eden idea' that I had in season three.

Fake or naturalised accent and contact lenses.

If she was supposedly born in 1979, wouldn't that be after the purge, meaning she'd be an Other, not Dharma, you'd think one of them would recognise one of their own.

They're on an island where one of the people doesn't age and on top of that Farraday has already said that time works differently on the island than it does in the real world PLUS the island just made a jump through space and time, Charlotte being Annie isn't something that couldn't happen.

Also, TGC stole my 'Lost island is Eden idea' that I had in season three.

That's been suggested by people since it was discovered Locke used to be paralysed and jokes were made about it even before :P

Why would Charlotte be Annie? That barely even makes sense.

She made a reference to never finding where she was born as her reason for wanting to stay on the island. It hasn't been explained what happened to Annie and its been said that she becomes a pivotal character in future episodes. It's a vague theory at best at the moment.