LOST Discussion ***SPOILERS***

PkmnTrainerJ

Eh, just because he's in the coffin doesn't mean that he can't come back. I'm sure that he'll still be a huge focus for the show, even if he is "dead." Besides, he might not be dead at all. The island didn't let Michael kill himself, so I find it hard to believe that it would let anyone else.

Edited by Thatz

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god Locke.

And it brought a tear to my eye to see the boat explode =(.

LOST is so fantastic and that was such an amazing finale that every year I wonder how they will manage to outdo themselves.

I have a feeling taking Locke's body back to the island is going to have a similar effect to when he got there in the first place. Either way, Terry O'Quinn isn't leaving the show, there's a lot they still have to explain with his character.

Why does this show hate me so much? Why must it torture my weak, feeble brain?

Fucking brilliant. Too many things to think about.

Desmonds story coming to an "end"(?) - Brilliant, his characetr deserved the ending he got,

Ben in general - excellent

ALL of the flash-forwards - EXCELLENT

Making Sun a character I care about - shocking

I'm in love with this show, and that was one hell of a season.

Agreed on the Sun part, she was pretty awesome when face to face with Witmore.

Still so many questions. I cannot believe Locke is possibly gone, I know he'll still be one of the main focuses in Season Five, but to kill him? He must have done something big for the island to get rid of him.

Christian appearing in front of Michael before the explosion was pretty good as well.

I may have missed something huge lol but why are the papers referring to John as Jeremy Bentham?

I've just seen the alternative endings also, they had Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin filmed in case anybody leaked the Locke ending.

Because it is a fake name.

As for the "alternate scenes," those would only throw off people that were on set. If someone worked in post, they got to see the real ending, which WAS leaked about a week ago.

Unfortunately, I don't think Desmond and Penny's story is over. I see Ben looking to get revenge for his daughter in a BIG way. I think we'll be saying bye to Penny and Des sooner than we think in a far less happy way.

I had to give it a second watch, yesterday when I watched it I was with a few friends drinking and both of them don't follow Lost, so they wouldn't shut up asking questions, questions we all still don't know the answers to <_< Anyway, some other thoughts/questions from the best finale so far from Lost?

Miles asks Charlotte about wanting to leave when shes been wanting to come back for so long, or something along those lines? So Charlotte has been on The Island before? With her later meeting with Daniel she then said, would it make sense if she was looking for where she was born? So that means she was possibly born on The Island and has left? It appears she may have quite a big role to play in Season 5.

The Vault, this could be the way that Ben transports himself from Island to the 'real' world? I'm thinking this could be a possibility but the video was brilliant, I think we still may possibly see the end of the video, as Locke stopped it and tried to rewind before it was finished and there was clearly something big coming, the reality is what?

Before Sawyer jumped he whispered something to Kate at first I thought it was just the general 'i love you etc' but I missed the 'just do it Freckles' that has to be what he asked Kate to do? But, what did he ask her to do lol? Sawyer is my favorite character, him jumping just proves what a true soldier he is. I did want him and Kate to end up together though, who knows? It still maybe possible? But I doubt it.

Sayid and Hurley in the mental hospital scene was quality, where are they going? I think Sayid is planning to take Hurley back, even though he told Hurley they wouldn't, we know he's working for Ben now,. Hurley playing chess against Mr. Echo? Gold. I really hope we get to see him again and now that I know he's Adebisi, I mark him more then ever. Could we see Mr. Echo on The Island again?

Christian appearing in front of Michael and basically, releasing him from his duties from The Island, as I said earlier, I found awesome, what's up with the whispers always before he appears? I'm thinking that Jin, maybe didn't die? If you watch the explosion it didn't touch the end where Jin was calling for Sun, he could have had enough time to dive in, could he make it back to The Island? If he did get off that is, he more then likely is dead, but this is Lost.

It appears that everyone that got off The Island, apart from Kate, all want to go back.

So Ben turns this wheel, The Island goes BOOM disappears in front of everyone in the helicopter but where he went to di it, it was freezing, Polar Bear habitat? Nobody else I know that watches didn't really seem to notice that.

Claire appearing in Kate's nightmare was pretty freaky, I'd have to say that along with Hurley playing chess with Mr. Echo, best part of the episode. In that moment though did Kate realize she had to go back, without Aaron?

Penny saves the day. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I didn't expect her. It was good to see Desmond get his girl back after so long but I doubt it will be over for him, and now her. With her Father apparently the main man looking for The Island do you really he think he'll not try and get information from Desmond, I'm not 100% but he wasn't even keen on Desmond in the first place was he? I will miss the 'brother' if it is all over for him, he deserves to have a happy ending for what he's been through, maybe more then the survivors? But that's just my opinion. But with his 'I'll never leave you again' line sealed with a kiss of death? I think The Island will get him back, one way or another.

Jack and Ben meet in the funeral parlor and it's already clear that 'Jeremy' has been in contact will all of them prior to his death, Jack admits speaking to him a month ago, Walt also said to Hurley that he'd been to see him as well. Jack knew Ben was off The Island because Jeremy/John had told him. Jacob at first was happy with the choice of Locke to run The Island but now we know of the bad things that happened since The Oceanic Six left. Ben has ideas to get them back, so basically, he knows what he's doing? I'm thinking Ben actually was always in-charge and he knew exactly what he was doing with Locke, with everybody. Sayid has Hurley, Jack knows he has to go back, Kate has realized she needs to go back and Locke who is now apparently dead has to go back with them.

Best bit of television I've seen in a bit.

Season 5 needs to hurry up already.

Desmond also left the island, so he needs to go back as well.

Also, Jeremy Bentham was a real person. A friend of mine thought he recognized the name and googled it. Sure enough he is. Interesting when you look at his ideas on the Panopticon, a type of prison

"The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell if they are being observed or not, thus conveying a 'sentiment of an invisible omniscience.' In his own words, Bentham described the Panopticon as 'a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example.' "

Also, the episode where Ben wound up in the desert in a heavy jacket was clearly where he went after the island moved. I am sure you all cught that, but in case you didn't. Same jacket, cut on his arm. I forget the name he used in that episode though, but it wasn't Benjamin Linus when he checked ino the hotel.

Oh and I forgot, I think Charlotte is the little girl that befriended Ben when he first came to the island. That's a rather way out there theory though.

I am coming closer to the theory that the island is like the garden of eden though.

Before Sawyer jumped he whispered something to Kate at first I thought it was just the general 'i love you etc' but I missed the 'just do it Freckles' that has to be what he asked Kate to do? But, what did he ask her to do lol? Sawyer is my favorite character, him jumping just proves what a true soldier he is. I did want him and Kate to end up together though, who knows? It still maybe possible? But I doubt it.

It sounded like he said he has a daughter and wants Kate to look for her.

Does Frank need to go back if Desmond does?

One of the main characters from Kerouac's On the Road. I never made that connection previously.

I don't know if it would apply to Frank or not. He was barely there, but Desmond was there for years.

What about Walt? Assuming his growth spurt is over, he could feasibly return to being a regular and join the crusade to get back to the island. I know I'd be down for that.

The island/Jacob always seems to be looking for a chosen one, but there appears to be an expiration date on being chosen. Perhaps Locke's date came a lot faster than Ben's. We know Locke to be a very emotional person, and Ben warned him about mixing emotion with being a leader. Perhaps Walt or Aaron could be the new "chosen" ones.

That or by bringing Locke back to the island, he could end up like Christian is now.

What about Walt? Assuming his growth spurt is over, he could feasibly return to being a regular and join the crusade to get back to the island. I know I'd be down for that.

The island/Jacob always seems to be looking for a chosen one, but there appears to be an expiration date on being chosen. Perhaps Locke's date came a lot faster than Ben's. We know Locke to be a very emotional person, and Ben warned him about mixing emotion with being a leader. Perhaps Walt or Aaron could be the new "chosen" ones.

That or by bringing Locke back to the island, he could end up like Christian is now.

That's what I've been thinking about lately. Maybe Locke died so he could actually become closer to the Island, maybe he can do more for it now that he's dead.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see him come back to life, though. There are a lot of things that point to him being a messiah-like character.

Oh and I forgot, I think Charlotte is the little girl that befriended Ben when he first came to the island. That's a rather way out there theory though.

Annie? Nah, I don't think so. They don't look similar, and Annie seems like someone that Ben would remember immediately.

Edited by Thatz

If Locke died off of the island, is it completely out of the question that the island could bring him back to life if he's brought back? I know that's much different than being able to walk after years of being crippled, but I suppose it is possible. Of course, he's been pumped full of embalming fluid. So maybe not.

I keep wanting people to come back to life, but it never happens. :crying:

And I was pretty confident that Jin was going to actually be alive this whole time and that Sun would know this, but was having to go along with the charade of him being dead because they lied (this would have meant that her torment in the earlier episode was not because he was dead, but rather because he was alive, and she could never see him again or talk about it to anyone). And I did consider that he maybe jumped off of the boat, but where could he have gone to? The island moved.