LOST Discussion ***SPOILERS***

PkmnTrainerJ

Just a niggly little thing, but is it me, or has Jin gone from a few words of English to understanding full blown conversations in the space of seven episodes.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense, but I don't like him liking Juliet for that particular reason, it just become creepy and any way you look at it, it's still an Oedipus Complex.

Not really, many men wind up with women that are a lot like their mothers. It's not that they want to have sex with their mom, they just like a woman that makes them feel comfortable and takes care of them, which is what their mother did. And on the flipside, many women end up with guys exactly like their fathers, hence the term "daddy issues."

As for Lost, it still continues to bend my brain over and just do filthy things to it. I caught on to the Flash Forward/Flashback once they made it clear Sun was one of the Oceanic Six because we've already had five others revealed. But what's up on the boat? The creepy doctor, the weirdo captain, Zoe Bell jumping to her death, and of course... MICHAEL?! Oh Ben, you sneaky fuck.

EDIT

As for Jin's English, it's not unheard of for people to pick up on a language when they're completely surrounded by it. He's been on the island for three months around people who only speak English, there's not really much else to do besides learn it.

Edited by Zero

Sun was one of the Oceanic Six because we've already had five others revealed. But what's up on the boat? The creepy doctor, the weirdo captain, Zoe Bell jumping to her death, and of course... MICHAEL?! Oh Ben, you sneaky fuck.

EDIT

As for Jin's English, it's not unheard of for people to pick up on a language when they're completely surrounded by it. He's been on the island for three months around people who only speak English, there's not really much else to do besides learn it.

I can understand him picking it up gradually, but for the first 10 weeks on the island, he's barely muttered anything above OK, now he's practically fluent. It's only a minor gripe of mine.

And I'm not sure the sixth of the Oceanic Six has been revealed yet, (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Sun so far) depends if they're counting Aaron as one or not. I reckon there's still one to come.

And I'm not sure the sixth of the Oceanic Six has been revealed yet, (Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Sun so far) depends if they're counting Aaron as one or not. I reckon there's still one to come.

They said last week during the hype for the next show, "and the last of the Oceanic Six will be revealed," so I'm sure they counted Aaron.

Edited by Zero

Why wouldn't he? If Kate is passing him off as her child, that means she was pregnant on the flight and the kid was born on the island. When they were rescued, he would definitely be one of the six because he was a survivor of the crash.

Jin was 'supposed' to be the sixth so it was a ploy to trick people into believing that Jin's flashback was a flashforward. The sixth person is yet to be revealed, but I expect it to be Michael and for the coffin to be holding Michael also. Aaron wasn't on the manifest and neither were Desmond, the freighter people nor any of the others, so there's possiblities for others to get off. Then again, Ben probably has the resources to get off the island, as we saw in 'The Economist'.

I don't think Michael is the one in the coffin, no matter what happens between now and then, I don't think Jack would be shedding any tears over him after what he did.

And Aaron is definitely the sixth, just because he wasn't on the manifest, it doesn't mean he can't be one of the six. He was obviously rescued with Kate and Jack, so he's just as well known as the rest. I'm not saying that other people can't or won't get off the island, but as far as the famous Oceanic Six, it's Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sun, Hurley and Aaron.

I was fully expecting Jin to show up at the hospital, only to find that Sun had died just after giving birth. So it was a good twist, in that I didn't really see it coming. I wonder why nobody else came to see Sun and her new baby, and why Hurley was glad about that.

Interesting theory, that somebody posted on Lostpedia: maybe Sun didn't want to take her wedding ring off at the hospital because Jin - still alive and on the island - is her "constant", and she wanted to keep that connection with him to stop her going all time-jumpy. Hmm.

The fact that Jin has a grave makes me think that maybe he's one of the two people that survived the crash, but then died (on the same day in Jin's case). Either that, or the grave is empty and just there as a memorial.

Widmore thinks Ben faked the plane crash? Wouldn't put it past him. And after the Purge, he probably has easy access to a lot of dead bodies.

And after the Purge, he probably has easy access to a lot of dead bodies.

Purge was years ago, those corpses will relatively 'fresh'.

Maybe it was because I was running while I watched, but I didn't realise until just now that we were seeing flashbacks for Jin and flashforwards for Sun. It makes far more sense than believing they had a divorce and/or faked Jin's death.

But yay for an episode set in Korea. I was able to understand without subtitles!

Read a good theory on DarkUFO, about the plane actually crashing, and the plane crash they are seeing on TV is Oceanic Flight 815, but when it crashed it hi some weird time warp zone, so they are kind of dead, and alive, weird theory but I think it is possible.