LOST Discussion ***SPOILERS***

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it doesn't, those were examples of why 'it's a television show' is a pointless argument. There are things which television writers might choose to do which take the fiction away from reality that I would not want to see regardless of whether it's a television show or not. Unrealistic characters and inconsistency are some that often pop up.

If somebody came up to me and said "I was sent here by a future version of you", and then told me something that only I knew, then I probably wouldn't believe them. If I was building a time machine and that happened, I'd consider it. Especially if the numbers that the guy gave me actually made it work.

That doesn't explain why he went from believing it was a prank one moment to suddenly accepting it the next. He was clearly sceptical when Desmond spoke to him, and when presented with knowledge that could easily be part of a prank, he abruptly changed tack.

Given that Daniel appears to have a short term memory problem, perhaps the name of the rat is one of the few things he can constantly remember without a problem. Maybe that name is personal to him, hence why he never told anyone else the name.

I got the impression that he only started having the memory problems once he came to the island. I remember when he came across the woman from his party for the first time she made a point of asking how his memory was. The people on the freighter probably knew he'd been exposed to radiation because of his experimentation and would so be likely to have some kind of effect travelling onto the island.

I got the impression that he only started having the memory problems once he came to the island. I remember when he came across the woman from his party for the first time she made a point of asking how his memory was. The people on the freighter probably knew he'd been exposed to radiation because of his experimentation and would so be likely to have some kind of effect travelling onto the island.

The episode with all the flashbacks of the new characters this season from the freighter, Daniel was shown crying during the news report about Flight815 and when asked why he was crying, he responded with "I don't know" so I'm sure he had trouble with memory before the island, whether or not it dated back to 1996 Daniel, who knows?

Guest RIMMASTER

Horrible.

Ben going YOU ARE MINE JULIET? Horrible. Jack and Juliet kissing? Horrible

Horrible.

The backstory? Horrible. No one cares about Juliet and that old faggot she loved.

Just horrible everywhere.

What a steaming pile of shit this episode was. Bring more of the last few and less of this shit.

Unless Boone or Shannon or Charlie rose from the dead, or god forbid Nikki or Paulo, it is Michael.

I liked this episode, Shit was actually revealed. Sure, I could have done without learning what a ho Juliet is, but the rest was good. It was odd only seeing Hurley and Sawyer for all of like 45 seconds in a whole episode though.

I knew Charles was a dick, but now...I hope Ben kills him at some point. I also hope he's on the freighter.

Juliet have a resemblance to Annie wasn't something I expected, but his ownership claim was good, just as long as Juliet never becomes a central piece I'm happy.

Something I have an issue with is the time line for Charles Widmore, Christiane I finding the Black Rock and other things. If it's 1996 then the Christiane I has not found the Black Rock, so how is it possible for the journal to have been found if the Black Rock is still on the island. That, and, are we supposed to assume that the Black Rock will be kicked off of the island before the Christiane I finds it off the coast of Bali or Fiji, or wherever.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

I don't think its so much that ben has an oedipus complex but more about him wanting to remember the mother he never knew. That is why he is so obsessed with finding out why mothers die on the island. he feels guilty for his mother's death so he basically tries to honor her legacy in anyway he can. He also never got to be around her so anyone that resembles her he would fall in love with. Not to mention that Juliet is also on the island to find out why mothers die and Ben's mother died during early pregnancy. Also Ben probably wants Juliet to be his because he wants someone who looks like his mom around since he never knew her. It all pretty much revolves back to him feeling guilty that he killed his mother, as Roger (Workman) said.

Makes sense, but I don't like him liking Juliet for that particular reason, it just become creepy and any way you look at it, it's still an Oedipus Complex. I'd believe it is Annie, and before anyone discredits it with hair colour, don't forget hair colour isn't everything, bone structure is what makes a person look like themselves, not hair colour, not to mention stuff like peroxide and wigs if you really were that bothered.

I do agree with Benji on the Annie front, it'd make more sense with Ben to be obsessed with someone resembling Annie than his mother, especially considering that his tie with his mother was strong, but he coped with it and never really obsessed over her when he was with DHARMA.

Man, I had this horrible feeling all episode that Jin was gonna die, as I could tell that his were actually flashbacks and not flashforwards. Except I thought we were gonna actually see it happen this episode, especially with Bernard going on about karma and stuff <_<

However, his date of death on the tombstone did say 22/9, which was when the plane crashed, no? So Jin could have just been one of the people who got left behind because, if say, one of the people on the boat saw him die* or if they actually brought his body back, the date of death would be just before they left the island.

*On that point, if any of the four who parachuted onto the island also head back to civilisation, they'd also have to go along with the whole '6 people survived thing' even though they know there's a lot more. Dammit, I'm confused <_<