The Anime Thread

Ruki

So, decided to give Madoka a second shot, and watched the first episode again. Still really like the animation style. And it seems cute and light hearted, and no one would suspect that in a few episodes everything is going to get serious and dark.

We have the 3 episode rule largely because of this show and the turn it takes in episode 3.

So I'm all nicely caught up on Uchuu Kyoudai/Space Brothers and it's as strong as ever. Great, feel good and inspiring anime actually. It's rare something like that would actually resonate with me on a real life basis but it actually does.

Also finished up Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, I watched it in two blocks about six months apart so I couldn't really remember much of the story when I picked it back up but it was pretty meh. Making my way through the time line so onto Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam next...

I've also started Fullmetal Alchemist because I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen it. But I figured since I get a few hour chunks each day free that it's easy to block watch anime rather than just go through an episode at a time of something. That said I need to add some things to my list of what to watch of what has come out recently. So Kill La Kill is on there I guess, anything else I definitely need to be checking out from the last 6 or 12 months I guess?

Well, what happened with that, is the original FMA series overtook the manga. That's why

In FMA, King Bradley is Pride, while in FMA: Brotherhood, he's Wrath

The author approved the changes, but yeah, Brotherhood is a more direct adaptation of the manga.

. So Kill La Kill is on there I guess, anything else I definitely need to be checking out from the last 6 or 12 months I guess?

Oh man...

Well, in addition to what damshow said...

Hataraku Maou-Sama, Servant x Service, WataMote (Seriously, this one :shifty: ), Danganronpa, and Fate/Kaleid Liner PRISMA Ilya (takes place in an alternate Fate universe)

Yeah I was posting in here when Mirai Nikki was on. I've probably missed about four seasons worth of stuff, but only really 2 of them provide much of any news. I'll look up some of the stuff suggested and see what appeals and add it to MAL when I get the chance.

Can't remember where I left off on Inuyasha. I have to get though it and see Final Act to the end but I do not want to start over. I guess I'll just have to look at episode titles to see whannnnnd I remembered. Episode 25. I have a long way to go.

You know, I just realized something:

If you take FLCL as entirely from Naota's perspective, and that everything that goes on is all his imagination coping with puberty, it becomes an entirely different show.