Happy Songs

Benji

I'm talking genuinely happy, will make you feel good no matter what, chilling kind of songs.

I'm talking stuff like "Everybody Wears Sunscreen" by Baz Luhrmann and "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley.

I don't want anything that has even slightly medium strength instrumentals that overpower the good vibrations (like... well... "Good Vibrations")

The album "Everybody" by The Sea and Cake (Perfect...it's so summery, but SOOO chilled out...I presume the rest of their stuff is like this too)

Anything by Styrofoam, most notably the album "Nothing's Lost".

Anything by Aqualung

"Blues Jeans & White T-Shirts" by The Gaslight Anthem

"The Suggestion Box" by Aqueduct (Can't help but sing along...you'll even try and do the pitch bends in "STARTING A FIIII-IIII-IIIRE")

The albums "Kill Them With Kindness" and "Some Racing, Some Stopping" by Headlights (The former is superior, but the latter is new)

"The Party Party" by Attica! Attica! (Any song with the lyrics of "This coming Friday, we're taking congress/With a strobe light, and a promise/To reclaim democracy, with a righteous part"...is amazing...such a cheesy as hell song)

"Cheer Me Up, Thank You" and "Emotional Champ" by New Buffalo

With the exception of maybe Attica! Attica! and a couple of Headlights tracks, they're all incredibly laid back and soft.

Edited by YI

I'm gonna go with happy songs that may have sad lyrics...

Caribou - "Melody Day" (It's uproarious in it's noise and light-heartedness. The music itself may be a bit too medium in strength, though. A fine fine song.)

St. Vincent - "Now Now" or "Jesus Saves, I Spend" (Both are rightly gay...in a good way. :shifty: )

Beck - "E-Pro"

Feist - "I Feel It All"

And of course...

Of Montreal - "Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse"

At work today I found "Summertime" by Will Smith on someone's ipod and stuck it on. What with the weather being really nice today, especially for February, and the shop being relatively quiet and stress free it was a real feel-good song. Never appreciated it so much before today but it was perfect.

"Steal My Sunshine" by Len is strangely appealing.

"Wrapped Up In Books" by Belle and Sebastian is perfect, as is "I Fought The Law" by The Clash.

• 1 month later...