NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Hester re-signs, 4 years, no word on money yet.

And for chrissakes give Neckbeard a chance. With a rookie Orton at the helm, Chicago won 10 games (was it in a row, or just ten total? I can't remember). Granted, he wasn't phenomenal, but he didn't need to be, and now he's had three years to learn the offense and get comfortable, I think it'd be a disservice to not let him compete for the starting job. Yeah, the Grossman situation is tired, and I think some coach's heads are going to need to roll if they put up with his incompetency for too much longer, but he has shown that when he's healthy, he can play at a top level. He just needs to be more consistent. and the Bears still have time to pick up a veteran QB. Although I kinda hoped they'd picked up Carr last season, or made more of a move for McNabb, or...something.

Fuck the contract we gave him. I hope he continues to be an incredible return man and grows as a WR, or else we just put a bunch of money into a guy who is a special teams player.

Well, Hester isn't holding out anymore but didn't get a new contract yet. If he keeps delivering for us in practice and in the games I see no reason why we won't give him an extension/raise soon as we really do need to keep him around for now.

The other news from today that caught my attention is the Patriots signing Lamont Jordan. I wonder what the Colts fans are going to say about this now. >_>

I guess they're expecting Sammy Morris to be suspended.

I think Former Home of Barry Bonds is more applicable. And then they could produce a film, From Barry to Brett: How to Conquer an Entire Media Corporation.

Brett Favre Sends Text Message

Packers Read Text Message

Packers Respond to Text Message

Brett Favre Does Not Immediately Respond

DRAMA

Awesome. I signed up to some league with a team and forgot about it, then I go back now and find out that the autodraft landed me Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore and Tony Romo with the first three picks, as well as Kellen Winslow, Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Donald Driver and the Chargers' defense. It is a ten-team league, but considering I had no idea what was going on, that's not too bad.

Awesome. I signed up to some league with a team and forgot about it, then I go back now and find out that the autodraft landed me Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore and Tony Romo with the first three picks, as well as Kellen Winslow, Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Donald Driver and the Chargers' defense. It is a ten-team league, but considering I had no idea what was going on, that's not too bad.

Who the shit were the other teams in your league drafting? That's a pretty stacked team for a ten team league and it being autodrafted.

Well, for comparison, the team I face week 1 has Donovan McNabb, Ryan Grant, Clinton Portis, Joey Galloway, Plaxico Burress, Deion Branch, Heath Miller, Mason Crosby and the Patriots' defense starting, and I remember he drafted Grant and Portis 10 and 11. The first round, in order, was LT, Peterson, Steve Jackson, Westbrook, Addai, Barber, Randy Moss, Brady, Gore and Grant. My guess is that people were put off on drafting Driver and Harrison because of Harrison's advancing age and Driver not having Favre throwing to him.

Fantasy Team #1

QB - Peyton Manning

WR - Terrell Owens

WR - Wes Welker

WR - Nate Burleson

RB - Laurence Maroney

RB - Darren McFadden

TE - Tony Gonzalez

K - Stephen Gostkowski

DEF - Dallas

QB - David Garrard

WR - Donte' Stallworth

WR - Darrell Jackson

RB - Edgerrin James

RB - Felix Jones

TE - Owen Daniels

Fantasy Team #2

QB - Tony Romo

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Marques Colston

WR - Laveranues Coles

RB - Willis McGahee

RB - Laurence Maroney

TE - Owen Daniels

K - Nick Folk

DEF - San Diego

QB - Matt Schaub

WR - Bryant Johnson

WR - Darrell Jackson

RB - Darren McFadden

RB - Matt Forte

TE - Zach Miller

To be honest, I think I have two pretty stacked teams this year. Manning/Owens and Romo/Moss look pretty good for me.

Fucking hell. As a Bears fan, I've never been allowed to like him, but oviously I've respected him as a great quarterback. But he's just coming across as a selfish cunt at the moment, just piss off already.

...or at least come and play for us. Y'know, stick to your old bosses for wanting to go with the new guy? Come onnnnnn.

Edited by Dragsy