NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

That was an excellent game, was just a shame I had to head to bed and missed the last quarter or so, due to the amount of stoppages for scores in the first half.

Anyways, I have a question. How does the timing work? I was always under the impression that an incomplete pass results in the clock stopping, a run that doesn't get out of bounds leaves the clock going, as does a pass that does the same thing, and then any play that ends up out of bounds stops the clock. But, sometimes when a play ended up out of bounds, it seemed as though there was about a 5 second period, and then the clock started again, so I was primarily wondering if I was imagining things, or why that happens?

Forget Broncos-Chargers, that was game of the season. It had everything but a safety. Passing TDs, rushing TDs, special teams TDs, defensive TDs, fumbles, interceptions, field goals and even the funniest rookie mistake ever made. Great showing by the Eagles without their two best wideouts though, would have been interesting to see how a fully healthy Terence Newman would have affected their passing game but a fully healthy Terence Newman isn't such a common thing nowadays. It was also nice to see a kick returned for a TD for the first time since October 2003 was it for Dallas? Hopefully we won't need a result in Philly in the last week of the season, wouldn't want to go through that again, especially since we could well meet in the Playoffs, too.

pretty sure that the clock only completely stops on out-of-bounds plays within two minutes of the half/before the end of the game. Otherwise I think the clock stops and then restarts once they set the ball.

Not entirely certain on that though

What? No. Unless Madden has lied to me, going out of bounds stops the clock all the time. It's just that you only notice it inside the two-minute warnings because the announcers mention it and players actively try to go out of bounds.

pretty sure that the clock only completely stops on out-of-bounds plays within two minutes of the half/before the end of the game. Otherwise I think the clock stops and then restarts once they set the ball.

Not entirely certain on that though

What? No. Unless Madden has lied to me, going out of bounds stops the clock all the time. It's just that you only notice it inside the two-minute warnings because the announcers mention it and players actively try to go out of bounds.

Actually the clock on Madden restarts once you go back to the playbook to choose your next play unless you're within the last two minutes of the half.

And honestly, I don't think the defenses were terrible last night, they were just up against two of the best offenses in the NFL. Put them against a little lesser offenses and they'd be pretty good.

Edited by AD

Fuck the cowboys. We came in there, to there stadium without out two best receivers and still almost won. It was a good game but seriously, fuck the cowboys.

It won't be much longer before people get the memo that DuhSean is actually better than Veggie Brown (so named because he may the laziest fucking receiver in the NFL) and Kevin Curtis already. Of course, DuhSean needs to get the hint first that the object is to score first, THEN try to celebrate.

As for the rest of the game, holy shit, it looked like two meth-addicted ADD kids playing Madden. Or, if you prefer, one meth-addicted ADD kid playing against Rex Grossman on Madden. Lots of long balls and very little defense other than sacks.

Fuck the cowboys. We came in there, to there stadium without out two best receivers and still almost won. It was a good game but seriously, fuck the cowboys.

It won't be much longer before people get the memo that DuhSean is actually better than Veggie Brown (so named because he may the laziest fucking receiver in the NFL) and Kevin Curtis already. Of course, DuhSean needs to get the hint first that the object is to score first, THEN try to celebrate.

As for the rest of the game, holy shit, it looked like two meth-addicted ADD kids playing Madden. Or, if you prefer, one meth-addicted ADD kid playing against Rex Grossman on Madden. Lots of long balls and very little defense other than sacks.

That was pretty damn funny. I wanna know what his coach has to say come training for next weeks game.

TheFireChrisCage is right.

With the exception of the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half, the game clock will be restarted following a kickoff return, a player going out of bounds on a play from scrimmage, or after declined penalties when appropriate on the referee’s signal.

I can't seem to access that link :(

Chris Cooley could point out his running route for plays with his cock for all to see, then in the match line up and tell his man exactly where he's going - and he'd still catch the football. Chris Cooley is sexy.

Sexy indeed <_<