NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Yeah, I believe that's correct that when a player goes on IR, you cannot use him for the entire serason. However his salary doesn't count towards the salary cap, nor does he count towards your roster. Which in the Patriot's case, the roster spot is more valuable then Brady's 8-10 millon dollar cap space considering how the Patriot's operate.

Yeah, read about that yesterday, hopefully K-Rob has kicked his bad habits, and after reading various stories it seems like he has. Not sure what kind of football shape he is in, but I think it's great if he has kicked it and hopefully he can help us with our depleted receivers. I seriously can't remember a year with this many injuries to key players on the offensive side of the ball, just insane.

The fact that the Lions keep looking at retread RB's bodes ill for their opinion of Kevin Smith, I'd guess. Unless Millen needs a drinking buddy to help drown his sorrows over all the bad press, in which case Benson's the perfect signing and they probably just missed out on some quality alky depth with Koren Robinson.

Not that they need RB's anyway, with Kitna always heaving it up trying to make up deficits. <_<

Why would the Lions need Cedric Benson? :/

Their line of thought is if they get enough hopeless cases, they're a lock for the Comeback Player award.

Breaking news from the future, they'll sign Mean Joe Greene and Rich Gannon to really give their team some oomph.

Don't forget about Ed "Too Tall" Jones!

The fact that the Lions keep looking at retread RB's bodes ill for their opinion of Kevin Smith, I'd guess. Unless Millen needs a drinking buddy to help drown his sorrows over all the bad press, in which case Benson's the perfect signing and they probably just missed out on some quality alky depth with Koren Robinson.

Not that they need RB's anyway, with Kitna always heaving it up trying to make up deficits. <_<

I don't think it has anything to do with Kevin Smith, I'd look more toward Rudi Johnson. It's possible that he's not quite as healthy as they may have thought, especially with Johnson getting a total of two carries in two games. Kevin Smith has been one of the lone bright spots this year, when he's had a chance.

Well I would if The city of Detroit wasn't asses and blackout'd the CBS game whenever the Lions play

Don't you listen to Jimmy Kimmel? Get Direct TV!!!!

Note: I am not fortunate enough to have Direct TV because my roommates were "afraid of the price" and I'm not paying the full price myself. It's for the better because I have enough trouble getting the TV on Sundays in order to watch football.

Well I would if The city of Detroit wasn't asses and blackout'd the CBS game whenever the Lions play

This has always been a pet peeve of mine as well. Sometimes we do get a CBS game at the same time as a Lions game, but that means we only get to watch one other game before or after our own. So for example if we play at 1:00, and CBS has a 1:00 game, we'll only get one other 4:00 game between CBS and Fox.

No worries, the NBA season starts soon enough, and the Pistons play their fair share of Sundays.

No worries, the NBA season starts soon enough, and the Pistons play their fair share of Sundays.

One way or another, you're watching a bunch of guys running around bouncing the ball off the ground, eh?

*badumtsch*

I know the NFL was considering changing the Playoff seedings to make wildcards higher seeds if they had a better record than a divisional winner but did they actually go through with it? If so, what are the precise changes they made, how will it work?

No, sir. Playoffs are still the same as they have been. Top two teams get bye's, and the other two divisional winners host a wildcard team. (Y)