NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Honestly I think the Fords should lure some talent scout away. I mean its what the Dolphins did with Ireland. I do think perhaps a Randy Mueller or Rich McKay might work for the right money if you can get them out of there contracts. Sure there not the best guys persay but they could easily ride the ship in the right direction.

LIONS FANS REJOICE!

MILLEN IS OUT!

Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2008, 10:02 a.m. Less than an hour ago, yours truly told the Sports Junkies on WJFK radio in D.C. that Matt Millen will continue to run the Detroit Lions for as long as William Clay Ford Sr. owns the team.

And, to no surprise, Millen has been fired. Jay Glazer of FOX reports that Millen is out.

Per Glazer, the decision came on Tuesday night. It’s unclear whether Millen resigned or was fired. The timing of the move, coming a day after Bill Ford Jr. said that he’d fire Millen if he could makes us think that Millen might have decided to move on.

Millen, who previously was a game analyst for FOX, became the president and G.M. of the team in 2001. The team generated a woeful record of 31-84 during seven-plus seasons.

HOORAY! The idiot is finally gone!

So that loud noise I heard yesterday was in fact a collective sigh of relief (or possible orgasm) by Lions fans?

I seriously hope FOX doesn't hire him back. He was almost as bad as an analyst as he was a G.M.!

That doesn't mean he has anything to do with evaluating talent. Cower sounds like the best choice I've heard so far.

Cowher would be a terrible GM/President/CEO. Just like Millen was. You need to be able to run a company to fill that job.

Even as nothing but strictly a GM, Cowher would be awful.

Actually, they need to hire someone with some front office experience. Either a former GM (good luck) or an assistant GM on a winning team. I'm not sure how much luck they'll have. Everyone I heard talk about it said that it would be a good situation for a GM (New GMs are almost always inheriting a mess, and at least with the Lions you know you have 7-8 years to turn them around :P), but I'm still not sure anyone would want to come to Detroit. It seems to be a career killer for GMs, Head Coaches, and Quarterbacks.

What the fuck was that? All Felix Jones has done is prove he's a play maker and we gets 0 carries this week? Isn't thrown to at all? Where's the sense in that?

Romo seemed to not want to pass to anyone but T.O. all day, especially in the big play situations. Yeah I know TO is probably the best receiver, but holy fuck how much more predictable could you get?

Patrick Crayton and Jason Witten each had the same amount of catches as T.O. (7) and more yardage. Romo is very good at spreading the ball around. But, nonetheless, lol dallas.

Edited by Meacon