NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

Ugh. And this is what the Eagles do to me every year. They draw you in thinking 'hey maybe the can do something here' then they come out and lose 10-3. 3 FREAKING POINTS?! You guys are fighting for a playoff spot and you score 3 points? Abandoning the run was the right idea. That 46/16 Pass/Rush ratio really fooled the Redskins. Even still they again had a chance to win but Reggie Brown runs a terrible route and did what the Receivers seemed to do all game GET IN FRONT OF THE D. Maybe now he understands why he's been inactive the past few weeks.

And I'm going to declare DeSean Jackson's new nickname to be Drops. Probably 2 of the best passes Donovan threw all game and Jackson drops both. The one in the Endzone was especially killer as, well it shoulda been a TD. Now we have to hope that Oakland can beat Tampa and that we beat Dallas and we get in. I don't really have faith in the Raiders to win back-to-back games, and honestly if we don't score more than 3 points next week we won't win. Though I think it could be a low-scoring game. Feels like a 17-14 kinda game.

You had a chance to draw level with a Reggie Brown touchdown to be fair. Well, you could have gone for the 2 point conversion but that would have been a double or quits move essentially, I'd assume we'd have gone 10-10 and into OT.

It was typical Redskins "let the opponents slice us open when we know what they're going to do." It's depressing to see at the end of halves when the team are down and they need to pass we go into "prevent defence" which seems to mean "prevent us from winning" than "prevent them from getting down field" more often than not. Fortunately Landry and Smoot came big on the last play and took our Brown. Who then decided to go back and run the ball in anyways, and then pass it to the referee to try and set up with 5 seconds left.

I hate prevent defence.

I know when my team is shitting the bed. Unlike people who think their squads can do no wrong, this team flat out sucks right now and I don't see them winning another game this year.

It's one thing to know when your team isn't playing well, it's another to completely abandon all hope when you're only down by 4 points in the first quarter, with the ball. That's like, ultra pessimism right there. And what d'ya know, they came back and won anyway.

Hold that thought >_>

Chicago didn't really deserve the win, I admit. But it's always nice to see Green Bay choke. Regardless of Tony Kornheiser's comments, I didn't think Rodgers looked cool or composed the entire game, he seemed quite rattled at times. Still played far, far better than Orton, who really needs to start looking off his receivers, and watching out for defenders - some of those picks should never have even been thrown. The receivers and their collective inability to catch aren't helping, but thank fuck for Matt Forte. The only offensive threat we have, teams know what channels our offense runs through, yet he still gets the job done. Ron Turner should be fired for not sticking with the run early on. Bob Babich should be fired for his compelte inability to make adjustments or even defend the pass. Dave Toub should be locked up for life though, special teams are something else. And Daniel Manning's return where he dragged a couple of defenders with him was just beautiful. Shame the offense had to waste it.

If it was Bears against Cowboys then Dallas would likely have 10 wins and Chicago 9. They both have much more right to be in the playoffs than Arizona or Minnesota for example.

Oh, and is it me or does the AFC suddenly look much stronger than the NFC? A few weeks ago the NFC was easily the best conference but not now I don't think.

Edited by AD

That's usually how it goes. I've always thought of the AFC as at the very least more balanced. The NFC always seems to get two shitty divisions (This year's nominee's being the West 7 North) Than two divisions that have teams who wish they weren't in them. With that said, the AFC West is absolutely pathetic and seems like a race to the finish where everyone is tripping over each other to fall into a home game.

At least Pittsburgh has a bye and can sit some starter's against the Browns. They looked uninspired against the Titans though. I was very disappointed.

So, Chase, I need a Steelers insider, and you're the closest thing I can find on short notice. How likely is it that the Steelers are going to rest Ben this week and go with Leftwich? Playing for a fantasy league title, and my opponent thinks he's a genius for snagging Leftwich off waivers and plugging him into his starting QB spot. Apparently, the rest of the league does, too, as he's gotten 4 of 5 votes so far.

I think I heard on PTI or Football Today that Tomlin said his starters will play, but of course that doesn't mean for the whole game. For the reasons Be gave, I'm guessing Roethlisberger will be out there for a half at most.

I think it's a dumb move on his part because even if Leftwich is in the entire game, I'm guessing the Steelers will run the ball more for three reasons. First, without a reason to play, they're probably going to want their backups to get some playing time, but they're also going to want to wind the clock down to avoid any injuries and to stay fresher for next week (especially if some of their starters play the whole game). There's no use killing yourself just to get some playing time. Secondly, their running game has been bad lately (they average about 100 yards a game), and because the Browns have had such awful run defense (29th in the league), this will be a good week to get things on the right track. And lastly, they ran a lot against the Browns last time. Roethlisberger only had 20 attempts (14 completions) and Parker had 28 carries.

It could really pay off if they want to see Leftwich throw a lot, but I'm going to guess that they'll be more interested in running the ball.

I think I heard on PTI or Football Today that Tomlin said his starters will play, but of course that doesn't mean for the whole game. For the reasons Be gave, I'm guessing Roethlisberger will be out there for a half at most.

I think it's a dumb move on his part because even if Leftwich is in the entire game, I'm guessing the Steelers will run the ball more for three reasons. First, without a reason to play, they're probably going to want their backups to get some playing time, but they're also going to want to wind the clock down to avoid any injuries and to stay fresher for next week (especially if some of their starters play the whole game). There's no use killing yourself just to get some playing time. Secondly, their running game has been bad lately (they average about 100 yards a game), and because the Browns have had such awful run defense (29th in the league), this will be a good week to get things on the right track. And lastly, they ran a lot against the Browns last time. Roethlisberger only had 20 attempts (14 completions) and Parker had 28 carries.

It could really pay off if they want to see Leftwich throw a lot, but I'm going to guess that they'll be more interested in running the ball.

This is what I hope for, and is why I am kind of lol'ing to myself about everyone voting for him. I created the league four years ago and taught all of them how to play, so they're all dying to not see me hoist the trophy.

But seriously, he's digging for people to put in, since half his team is Colts and we all expect Dungy to bench everybody for a big chunk of time this week. Meanwhile, I'm trotting out Aaron Rodgers attempting to put the Lions into the record books, Larry Fitz in a game the Cards would really like to have to get any momentum for the playoffs, Wes Welker in a game the Patriots ABSOLUTELY need, Tashard Choice in a game the Cowboys ABSOLUTELY need, and Cedrunk Benson just because he's coming off a hot game and has another good matchup, plus the Bungals can't throw for shit, anyway. Or I could go with Fred Jackson, as many signs are indicating that Marshawn Lynch might get most of the day off.

His only weapons right now are Greg Jennings and MoJoDrew. He even grabbed Joe Horn after hearing a vague report that Horn MIGHT go to the Giants. Seriously, if this game is anywhere close, I'll be ready to puke.

Can someone confirm for me, if the Lions lose they'll be the first team to not win a game since the season went to 16 games??

P.S. Looks like the Bears are having a great start in Houston. Fingers crossed they keep it up and the Vikes drop some points soon. Oh, does anyone know if the Giants started their, well starters?

Edited by Santa Twist