NFL 2008

Cactus Drags

First Superbowl I remember watching was XXXVI, Pats first win of the decade over the Rams. But it's a little different for us overseas fans as the game tends to finish around 4-4.30am, and with school the next day, I'd hardly get to stay up and watch it.

I was lucky enough that I was able to stay up and watch them and then not go to school the next day when I lived in Germany but that might also have to do with the fact that my parents were generally hungover the next day anyways so what did they care?

Anyways, yeah, the first Super Bowl I remember is Cowboys/Steelers. :puke:

I believe the first I remember seeing was Bill vs. Giants, but that's VERY vague. I didn't really watch Football intensely until High School, around the time Green Bay was good and Elway was on his way out.

One of the journalists that I worked for on my work placement a few years ago was a massive Bills fan, and a student the year they made the Superbowl against the Giants. He got drunk the beginning of the year, and an argument with an American friend ended up with him betting his entire student loan on the Bills winning the Superbowl (got crazy odds apparently). Stood to win about £50k I think he said, nearly killed himself when Norton shanked the kick.

That was the greatest kick in NFL history . . . if you're a Giants fan. That one shank tarnished the Bills' legacy by starting their run of four straight SB failures and made Parcells a legendary coach because he picked up his second championship. It's funny how a couple of inches can change the way two entire franchises are viewed.

I believe the first I remember seeing was Bill vs. Giants, but that's VERY vague. I didn't really watch Football intensely until High School, around the time Green Bay was good and Elway was on his way out.

Same here, I remember talking about the game with a family friend for some reason. I started following the Lions not long after this, so I was able to see Barry in his prime years. My most vivid early Super Bowl memory is watching San Francisco trouncing San Diego and loving it because I was a huge fan of Steve Young and Jerry Rice (I still am actually).

One of the journalists that I worked for on my work placement a few years ago was a massive Bills fan, and a student the year they made the Superbowl against the Giants. He got drunk the beginning of the year, and an argument with an American friend ended up with him betting his entire student loan on the Bills winning the Superbowl (got crazy odds apparently). Stood to win about £50k I think he said, nearly killed himself when Norton shanked the kick.

Norwood

Anyways, I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet but apparently it is getting some play in the Arizona papers. Someone is going to have to come out with a series of photos for something more definitive but....

0209_large.jpg

....if you didn't catch something you were supposed to be looking at Holmes' feet.

Looks like his back foot is down, or really close to it.

As for first Super Bowl... I vaguely remember San Francisco winning XXIX. More the halftime show where Indiana Jones had to recover a stolen Lombardi trophy. :rolleyes:

His foot doesn't look close to being down, but it also looks like it was taken a few brief moments after he caught it so it's not really usable by any sore losers. Still though, hilarious.

The Falcons Want to Trade Vick. does anyone think it happens?

I do. I think that if the Vikings don't land Bret Favre or if he stays retired, i think they trade for him.

He and Pacman Jones should end up with the Raiders. Seriously.