Soundtracks

Benji

I was just wondering if anybody could name some great soundtracks for moi to get hold of, I need a more eclectic bunch of 'compilations' so anything will do so long as it's a compilation soundtrack and not an original recording for the film :) So far I have...

The Crow

Daredevil

Elizabethtown

Forest Gump

Garden State

Juno

Resident Evil Trilogy

Spider-Man Trilogy

Walk The Line (Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Shooter Jennings, Waylon Payne, etc.)

Danny The Dog (Massive Attack)

Masters Of Horror (Mudvayne, Andrew WK, Shadows Fall, Thursday, Mastodon, Rise Against, Everytime I Die, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.)

I Am Sam (Sarah McLachlan, Eddie Vedder, Ben Folds, The Vines, Nick Cave, etc.)

End Of Days (Korn, Limp Bizkit, Guns 'N Roses, Prodigy, Rob Zombie, Sonic Youth, Powerman 5000, etc.)

Judgment Night (Biohazard & ONYX, Slayer & Ice-T, Faith No More & Boo-Yaa TRIBE, Mudhoney & Sir Mix A Lot, etc.)

Stealth (Incubus, Kasabian, Dredg, David Bowie, Glenn Hughes w/ Chad Smith & John Frusciante, etc.)

The only original recording is the Danny The Dog OST by Massive Attack, but it's entirely badass, so I'd say get it anyhow.

I'll second Walk The Line, and I'll throw The Boondocks OST into the mix. I don't know if you'd be a fan of it (or even if you watch the program itself), but it both soundtracks (Hip-Hop Docktrine and Hip-Hop Docktrine 2) have a slew of great, lesser known hip-hop artists on them.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Between Jon Brion's score, The Willowz, Don Nelson, "Wada na Tod," and Beck, it's truly fantastic.

EDIT: Also, Cowboy Bebop's soundtracks are really some of the best soundtracks for anything ever.

Edited by Captain Yesterday

Ugh, whenever I see these threads, I know it's a given that everyone will forget the best soundtrack ever - Friday Night Lights. Not only are Explosions in the Sky an amazing band (and seriously, see them live if you get the chance), but the music fits the film perfectly. The only omission from the film is Refused's New Noise, but that doesn't really fit with everything else, so I can see why it got left off.

I've heard that the Control soundtrack is pretty good, it's the film about the Joy Division guy.

Ian Curtis.

And yeah, it's a very good soundtrack.

Juno is the first good soundtrack in ages. Stuff like Sweeney Todd and Walk The Line are great, but I miss the days where the soundtrack was a bigger deal than the movie. Case in point, check out the soundtrack to the movie Singles.

Ah, mid-90s alternative, I miss you so.

Trainspotting- Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, New Order.

Dead Presidents- Al Green, Curtis Mayfield et cetera...

High Fidelity- Stevie Wonder, The Kinks, Smog, Velvet Underground, Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan...

Juno is the first good soundtrack in ages. Stuff like Sweeney Todd and Walk The Line are great, but I miss the days where the soundtrack was a bigger deal than the movie. Case in point, check out the soundtrack to the movie Singles.

Ah, mid-90s alternative, I miss you so.

Apparently though the soundtrack far outshines the film.

But with the likes of Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Mudhoney and the rest of the grunge scene minus Nirvana, theres a very hgh chance of that happening.

EDIT: Yeah i missed the "but I miss the days where the soundtrack was a bigger deal than the movie" part. I honed in on the Singles part. Sue me. :shifty:

Edited by TheModernWay