Songs of the Moment

Nerf

We've all got our favourite songs of all time, but we've also got our favourite songs at the moment. At the moment I can't get enough of "Always Where I Need To Be" by The Kooks. If this is the quality of their new material, I seriously can't fucking wait for the new album; it's gonna be immense. Another, thanks to FIFA '08, is "Ali in the Jungle" by The Hours. It's a fucking great tune, and I could be imagine it being one of those songs that you play when you're down. It's proper theraputic. It's got that sombre tone to it, but the lyrics maintain hope. Excellent stuff. Go on, share yours.

By current standing, I'd say Cryptopsy's "Slit Your Guts" or the even-mentioned m1dy's "Cold Pizza". The first one is because of the ripping guitar shreds and riffs that rages all through the songs and the completely awesome song structure.

Cold Pizza is apparently the only speedcore/hardcore techno song I like but it is so fun to listen to!

From 'my thread';

1. "I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QvVc0kPnYQ

UP 2 (2nd Week)

2. "You Want It All" by Goldenhorse

http://www.last.fm/music/Goldenhorse (on the player...full track)

NEW ENTRY

3. "We Own The Sky" by M83

n/a (...motherfucking titwanks...it's amazing though)

NEW ENTRY

4. "Get Up" by Goldfinger

http://www.myspace.com/goldfinger (on the player)

DOWN 3 (2nd Week)

5. "After Sunset" by Styrofoam

http://www.delta-9online.com/Styrofoam/77077.mp3 (Free Download)

NO CHANGE (3rd Week)

6. "Don't You Wanna Be Relevant" by The Cribs

NEW ENTRY

7. "What's It Gonna Be" by H Two O (ft. Platnum)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj24kn2c-DQ (She's well fit for a tree swinger)

DOWN 5 (3rd Week)

8. "One Reason" by Pennywise

http://www.myspace.com/pennywise (On the player...you can download the entire album for free)

NEW ENTRY

9. "A Multiple Party Perspective" by Rain Over Battle

(LIVE)

DOWN 5 (3rd Week)

10. "Won't Go Away" by The Feeling

(LIVE)

Simple enough. :shifty:

Where I Always Need To Be is the opposite. The rest of the album will probably take a few listens.

Personally I find it because we're all expecting songs like their other stuff, like Naive and She Moves In Her Own Way. Then when we listen to the new album you're like "It's not AS good" and then a bit later you think "Hang on, it fucking is."

Because they're fucking immense?

I swear...you might just be like...me from a parallel universe/Scotland.

They're certainly immense. What I meant was I haven't listened to them in a while but I just pulled a couple of their CD's out at random last night. I love Bizarre Love Triangle/Temptation/so many others.

At the moment I can't get enough of "Always Where I Need To Be" by The Kooks.

Word. Much better than I expected from them after hating their old album after a while.

And also, "Low" by Flo Rida. It's immense. Really catchy, and it's become a cult classic with my mates already.

I've been rekindling my interest in Oi as of late, but not the usual UK stuff, but stuff from France. It's due in part to this compilation I have called "Oi, the French Connection" with two stand out songs being Identite by Camera Silens and Marseille Tombe by Warrior Kids.

There's a German thrash band that do this really cool song called Mosh in Moscow, it's catchy.

I have played the hell out of the Men They Couldn't Hang's Going Back to Coventry and Shirt of Blue.

And if I want to feel like I'm on drugs I'll play Red Sign Post by Fifty Foot Hose.

A little of everything, bit of punk, metal, psychedelic, whatever I find myself in the mood for.

Sun Goes Down by David Jordan. So God damn catchy. <_<

Also How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20, and about 5 different songs by that band Simple Plan. Think they're new, just got some of the songs off their new album and I really like them. Names of the songs are.....The End, No Love, Take My Hand, I Can Wait Forever and Your Love Is A Lie.

Also enjoying the immenseness of The Kooks too btw.

Edited by Dublin

Shinedown's "Dirthouse"

My god it's awesome. Brent's voice! The only bad thing is that it I only managed to get a Youtube rip of it, and the only 'original' of it is a 'live acoustic' version of it on the the Masters Of Horror 2 soundtrack, and it is is apparently exclusive to that album.

But if any one has a proper MP3 of the song from that album, you know what to do. :shifty:

Plus, I'm gearing myself up for the third album, that finally has a name, "Sound Of Madness", but it's coming out June 24th :( , though I'll be able to get that and TNA Impact at the same time though :P

And to some degree, Godsmack's "Touche" as well, so Alice In Chains like it's good.

Oh, and I forgot the Chemical Plant Zone theme from Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on Mega Drive too. :shifty::wub:

Edited by TheModernWay

Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly 'Window Of Your Mind' (helps that I heard it live first, I think)

Kate Nash 'We Get On'

I've been kicking about several CD's, trying to get through some of the stuff I haven't heard in a while, so these are the only two songs that I've made a concious effort to listen to.