Reading/Leeds

Dan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got any idea on the times of the line-up announcement and ticket on sale time? We've moved our monday night football to 8 this year, so I'm probably gonna be bang in the middle, rather than coming in stinking and spending 2 hours trying to get tickets...

I heard Scott Mills will be announcing the headliners on his show, but I'm also sure that his show is on right now, which'd make no sense.

MTV2 ran a show yesterday dedicated the "the acts playing at Reading and Leeds this year". The bands played were Metallica, Killers, Bloc Party, Queens Of The Stone Age, Slipknot and Paramore.

Also, make sure you get to the site for 6.30ish. If you have FireFox, install FasterFox. You'll pretty much get a ticket guaranteed if you're on time, but there's also a phone number that you'd be best to have on you.

Edited by TMJ

As my computer is shit I'll have to have the phone numbers ready to go for when the tickets are available. Lineup last year came out 10 mins before the tickets went on sale I believe.

I knew I should've just bought tickets after last year's festival when there was no rush - would've saved tonight's hassle. Plan B will be picking up a coach package ticket, worked last year.

Edited by supergrass

My mate pulled a bird that looked like a fitter Jo Whiley...was awesome...she was a bitch though...she threw the dregs of a pint at me...I was high as fuck and can't remember, but apparently I turned around and launched half a pint at her (plastic glasses)....such a charmer. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Why would The Verve headline? It's an all-American headline cast.

Speaking of...

ORIGINAL: Boss of Punktastic

OK, 'cos I'm nice this is FRi at Reading, SAT at Leeds so far. This is on the basis you tell friends to com back at 2pm and check out more announcements

THE MAIN STAGE

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

THE FRATELLIS

THE ENEMY

BIFFY CLYRO

SERJ TANKIAN

DIZZEE RASCAL

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

GET CAPE, WEAR CAPE, FLY

ANTI-FLAG

The RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BABYSHAMBLES

THE WOMBATS

VAMPIRE WEEKEND

MGMT

Rage Against The MOTHERFUCKING CAN'T PISSING WAIT MARKING OUT LIKE A BITCH RIGHT NOW Machine~!

Nice to know that I was right and the Download threaders were wrong.

Edited by TMJ

Why would The Verve headline? It's an all-American headline cast.

Speaking of...

ORIGINAL: Boss of Punktastic

OK, 'cos I'm nice this is FRi at Reading, SAT at Leeds so far. This is on the basis you tell friends to com back at 2pm and check out more announcements

THE MAIN STAGE

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

THE FRATELLIS

THE ENEMY

BIFFY CLYRO

SERJ TANKIAN

DIZZEE RASCAL

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

GET CAPE, WEAR CAPE, FLY

ANTI-FLAG

The RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

BABYSHAMBLES

THE WOMBATS

VAMPIRE WEEKEND

MGMT

Rage Against The MOTHERFUCKING CAN'T PISSING WAIT MARKING OUT LIKE A BITCH RIGHT NOW Machine~!

Nice to know that I was right and the Download threaders were wrong.

Boss of Punktastic? What's a Punktastic?

And who the fuck are The Enemy while we're at it and why are Biffy Clyro apparently beneath them in the line-up?

The Enemy provided the 'official Reading song' of last year, 'Away From Here'. They're a pretty good band. Fairly well known, I'da thought. Moreso than Biffy.

However, that lineup...really doesn't inspire me to go. Last year, it was nearly all 'OH MY GOD, I MUST SEE THEM!' bands, at some point or another. Now? Not so much. At all. Just kinda bands I like, but not enough.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

THE FRATELLIS

THE ENEMY

BIFFY CLYRO

SERJ TANKIAN

DIZZEE RASCAL

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

GET CAPE, WEAR CAPE, FLY

ANTI-FLAG

Plus I think Dizzee Rascal will be entertaining. So 5/10 for a man with somewhat limited music taste is superb. :P

More updates:

Punktastic.com can reveal Saturday at Reading / Sunday at Leeds - The Killers headline the main stage, ably backed up by Bloc Party, The Raconteurs, Editors, We Are Scientists, Dirty Pretty Things and The Subways. Manic Street Preachers headline the Radio 1/NME tent with Bullet For My Valentine, Justice and Foals also confirmed. More at 3pm...

The NME can exclusively reveal...absolutely nothing about Reading/Leeds. Punktastic, however, can tell you that on Sunday at Reading / Friday at Leeds Metallica will headline the main stage with Tenacious D, Slipknot and Feeder also confirmed. The Cribs headline the Radio 1/NME tent and Pendulum are also confirmed to play.

The NME can exclusively reveal...absolutely nothing about Reading/Leeds. Punktastic, however, can tell you that on Sunday at Reading / Friday at Leeds Metallica will headline the main stage with Tenacious D, Slipknot and Feeder also confirmed. The Cribs headline the Radio 1/NME tent and Pendulum are also confirmed to play.

Link?!

Because if so........ OHMYFUCKINGGODTHATSFUCKINGAWESOME