• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

* 05, Yellow.

* 06, Brown.

* 07, Green.

Personally out of them, i preferred Brown. but then again, it was right next to yellow, and right by our old Yellow spot, so really wasn't much of a difference. Our spot in Green last year, was pretty much as close to the arena as you could get, but i didn't really like it, since we were a bit deep, and nobody walked up our path, so it was a bit quiet.

Im looking to get an early pass this year, if they become available again, so i can have some say in where we camp for once, since i normally turn up at like midday, with a nice spot reserved for me.

I'm all about Brown, which says a lot about me. Stayed there last two years, before which it was the camper van bit I think, so we were in Green. Bit quieter than the rest, which is alright for me in my ascending age (24!) and our lass has been last two years so it keeps her happy. Still need Leeds tickets...

I hope they don't use the same security as they did last year, because they were real arseholes, and really put a damper on the the usual Sunday Night raves! Didn't see one trolley last year on a Sunday night. The security were forcing people away from other people's campsites and were just taking a zero tolerence to everything. I know it's all in the interest of safety and that, but a lot of it seemed to be a real buzz kill, compared to the amount of fun i had previous years at night, especially on Sunday night.

In 2004, I camped in yellow. Literally right outside the Aftershock tent... Not the best idea I've ever had considering I was too young to get into said tent, so I spent four days having to listen to the same ZZ Top song instead of sleeping. This year my mate is talking about camping in yellow but personally I'd rather make the decision on the day we get there.

Leeds. Me and a mate...and maybe another mate and his boyfriend...depends if my mate feels like he can keep his homophobia in check for a weekend. :shifty: It'd be a free lift though...granted...with gays...but still.

Edited by YI

I'm off to Leeds. In the past hour, I've changed who I'm camping with from one mate to another due to something I just vented over in the Donators. And here it be:

My so-called mate is a cunt. I'm the one who got him his Leeds Festival tickets when his computer played up, and I'm the one who got badgered by him for two weeks to join some Facebook group that consists of people who I would've camped with (I got phone calls, texts, everything - sometimes at 1am). He got some early tickets (which gives us the right to get onto the festival campsite on Wednesday instead of Thursday) and promised me one. I've just got a text message a moment ago saying I won't be getting it now because another one of his mates, and I quote, 'needs it to put up sum of the tentr (sic) up on wednesday'. What a load of shit. Am I tent-buildingly retarded or something?!

I fell out with a friend for good due to disagreements in the run-up to the 2004 festival (admittedly we would've fell out over something else if not this as our friendship had soured anyway). Deja vu I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
This year’s bill is the best ever with a host of new names to announce and extra special performances across the six stages:

This year’s DANCE STAGE sees the resurgence of the genre reflected in the bill with a line-up that shows that electronic music and dance in its widest sense is returning to rude health:

CSS, Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, Chromeo, Crystal Castles, Lethal Bizzle, Holy Fuck, The Whip, Robots In Disguise, The Death Set, The Shoes

Swapping venues with the Dance Stage, THE LOCK UP STAGE returns to the twin sites for another two days of the best punk, hardcore and ska. Always a massively popular stage from the start of the day to the last note, this year sees two very special headliners backed up by a host of great names. Host Mike Davies of the BBC Radio One ‘Punk Rock Show’ is looking forward to this year more than ever:

‘Every year we stress out about trying to outdo the previous year. And for the last four years it's always happened. This year’s line-up is no different. Instead of having a headliner for each night we have 5 huge bands playing each day. Plus some great younger and newer bands who are guaranteed to put on great sets. There is something for everyone on The Lock Up Stage at Reading and Leeds 2008’.

Less Than Jake, Pennywise, Goldfinger, The Unseen, H2O, Frank Turner, The Loved Ones, Hexes

Gallows, Alkaline Trio, Thrice, Flogging Molly, MXPX, Cancer Bats, Set Your Goals, The King Blues, Fucked Up, The Gaslight Anthem, Random Hand.

And there’s still more great bands being added. With the RADIO ONE / NME STAGE already boasting a very special headline from NME Godlike Genii MANIC STREET PREACHERS, a debut headline for THE CRIBS and THE WOMBATS and a return for BABYSHAMBLES the latest additions point to possible headliners in future years:

Jack Penate, One Night Only, The Duke Spirit, Be Your Own Pet, Blood Red Shoes, Make Model, Seasick Steve, The Ting Tings, The Mystery Jets, Santogold, Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong, Kids In Glass Houses, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Music, hadouken!, Lightspeed Champion, Cajun Dance Party, Adam Green, Yeasayer, The Metros.

Yet, still there’s more. With THE MAIN STAGE already boasting the massively anticipated return of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE to their UK spiritual home, METALLICA playing their ONLY UK FESTIVAL DATES and THE KILLERS playing their ONLY UK DATES THIS YEAR, there are more additions to the biggest and best festival stage in the country.

British Sea Power, The Automatic, Alexisonfire.

From the Leeds Festival website. Meh.

Couple of observations:

The Dance Stage line up seems pretty strong.

Roughly half of the bands on the Lock Up stage can just fuck off.

The Wombats? They have some good tunes, but I doubt they should headline the NME Stage.

If Manics, Cribs and Wombats are headlining the NME stage does that mean Babyshambles aren't?

Very nice to see Adam Green there, among others.

Metallica, RATM and the Killers are pretty uninspiring headliners as far as I'm concerned.

Not the best, but I think it's a better lineup than Glastonbury.