Reading/Leeds

Dan

Something's telling me not to go Reading this year, i swear!

* Couldn't get one online last night.

* Went to HMV Slough at 7.30 tis morning. Stood in line for an hour, and they sold out as i was near the front.

* Got home and ordered off Acetickets. Got an email earlier saying that they were unable to process any of their Reading weekend ticket orders.

* Just heard seetickets have just released some. Went through all the form, then it said that there was a problem, call this number to see if your order was processed. Of course it wasn't

:(

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeder need more love. :shifty:

They have a fuckload of 'classic' tracks;

My Perfect Day

Stereo World

High

Insomnia

Yesterday Went Too Soon

Just A Day

Buck Rogers

Seven Days In The Sun

Turn

Forget About Tomorrow

Come Back Around

Comfort In Sound

Just The Way I'm Feeling

Shatter

Tumble And Fall

Feeling A Moment

Pilgrim Soul

Lost & Found

And that's basically just singles/'famous' songs alone.

I've not bought anything post-Echo Park, but Yesterday Went Too Soon and more so Polythene are ace albums. Still think Ash pip them in the slighty American college rocky punky soundish Brit (or Irish) Indie Band category though...

Both are well ahead of A, obviously.

Oh, and I didn't order tickets because none of my mates have fully decided yet. Might eBay it late on when opportunistic cunts start to realise that supply outstrips demand if every bugger buys them to sell on. Hope so anyway, it'd be my 5th Leeds, and 4th in a row.

Edited by Colly

You replied to his quote which said Feeder are in the lead, followed by Slipknot and A7x, which implies that Metallica are below them, which is laughable.

Again, for your benefit. He was saying how it was silly to put Feeder between Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot. And I said how that's a shame, because Feeder are better than both of them.

Now, is that clear or does it need re-rephrased?

Feeder need more love. :shifty:

They have a fuckload of 'classic' tracks;

My Perfect Day

Stereo World

High

Insomnia

Yesterday Went Too Soon

Just A Day

Buck Rogers

Seven Days In The Sun

Turn

Forget About Tomorrow

Come Back Around

Comfort In Sound

Just The Way I'm Feeling

Shatter

Tumble And Fall

Feeling A Moment

Pilgrim Soul

Lost & Found

And that's basically just singles/'famous' songs alone.

I've not bought anything post-Echo Park, but Yesterday Went Too Soon and more so Polythene are ace albums. Still think Ash pip them in the slighty American college rocky punky soundish Brit (or Irish) Indie Band category though...

Both are well ahead of A, obviously.

LIAR!

I know its a bit early to start more predictions, but who else do you think will play Leeds/Reading?

Well...going off stuff released/going to be released, I wouldn't be surprised to see;

Guillemots

Pennywise (I can fucking hope :shifty:)

Be Your Own Pet

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

The Futureheads

The Bronx

Sonic Boom Six (because they always play...they're the 'only' ska band the UK has :shifty:)

Millencolin

The Matches

Goldfinger

Edited by YI

I think Paramore will headline the Concrete Jungle or whatever its called these days.

It's 2 days is it not, now? If so. I could definately see Paramore/Pennywise...or maybe Paramore/JEW or something for the two days. More likely Pennywise, with JEW doing it last year. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head with 'new' material who people would really take to. I still have the awesome memory of Dillinger Escape Plan in 2004...oh...oh...oh. Dillinger Escape Plan. :shifty:

I'm also going to make a wish for Hot Water Music...probably wont happen...but if it were to happen...playing the UK would be at somewhere like Reading/Leeds.

Apparently;

Modest Mouse, Goldfinger, Frank Turner, British Sea Power, Less Than Jake, The Automatic and Story Of The Year are self-confirmed. Not sure how reliable that info is. I'm seeing Turner tonight...I'll see if he saw owt...I'll just heckle him about it. :shifty:

Edited by YI

I suppose that everytime someones debit card fails they re-release that ticket(s) so they're only posting one or two at a time.

Fortunately I was able to secure another card in time to save mine.

I'll get into some kind of polling now for those who are going/have been. Where do you normally camp?

2006 I went for Brown, it was quite far away (I was late, not much else on offer) which was good for sleeping and not being bothered when you don't want to be, but the walk back to the tent is a pain in arse. 2007 stayed in yellow, seems to be where everything is happening. Sadly I was opposite the toilets = poo smell for the duration of my stay.

Suppose there's no use planning a spot as it'll be camp wherever, but will probably opt for the more busy green or yellow if I have the choice...and the camps don't get flooded again - which I don't think they will this time around.