Reading/Leeds

Dan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to meet a male who likes Paramore and not because "the lead singer is hot, I'd shag her in an instant". Everyone I know likes them and that's their first reason why they do.

Edited by Smug G-A Has A Macbook

Apparently the new Paramore album is going to sound like H20....BWAHAHAHAHA!!! I'll believe it when I hear it.

Speaking of H20...I looked over the Leeds Festival forums in boredom the other day...and the fact that the people who are total "BIG UP THE LOCK UP...BEST STAGE...YEAH!! PUNK-ROCK!!!! YEAH!!!" had no fucking idea who H20 were fucking made me weap. I admit I don't particuarly like them that much, but they're a good punk-rock band who've been around for 10+ years, who have Sick Of It All backing. A band I am super stoked at getting the opportunity to see...yet hardly anybody gives a fuck about them/knows who they are and thought they could be those nigger-wigger fuckers who sang "What You Gonna Do" song....what the fuck. Some fucking people. Then again their forthcoming album apparently has a song with Matt Skiba on it, so I fully expect people to be tonguing their arseholes soon.

Edited by YI

I've never heard of H20 ¬.¬

You don't claim to be UP THE PUNX!!! though do you.

And they're a good band. "Thicker Than Water" and "F.T.T.W" are awesome albums. They were one of the first punk-rock bands I got into, so I have a place in my heart for them. The singer has one of those fucking annoying "BACK IN THE DAY!! PUNK WAS BETTER!!!"...you've only been releasing music since 1996...and 7 of those years have seemingly been spent sitting on your arse. :shifty: Good band. :shifty:

But yeah, their last album was released in 2001, new one coming soon. I remember getting a burned copy from my mate, and for whatever reason (I have a weird memory) I still remember the "2" of the H20 in subscript...but it was cut off by the middle of the CD...so it looked like a little backwards "r". :shifty:

I wish I still had friends who were really into this kind of music. :(

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, a band to throw bottles of piss at.

ON THE MAIN STAGE

Following the huge success of both ‘Hey There Delilah’ and ‘Hate (I Really Don’t Like you), PLAIN WHITE T’s have come from ten years of touring to international prominence in 2008. Having picked up two Grammy nominations for Best Pop Performance & Best Song the future looks increasingly bright and these shows have the potential to push the band further into the rock stratosphere.

For a band that's fiercely independent and stunningly visceral in both their recorded material and their live shows, NYC's MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE know how to make a big commotion. Since 1997, this co-ed electronic/punk rock band has been storming the electronic and punk scenes sweeping up many hardcore fans in its wake with its music and incendiary live performances.

ON THE RADIO ONE / NME STAGE

PETE AND THE PIRATES’ blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. With their recent album, ‘Little Death’ characteriszed by NME as ‘Perfect pop without the pretence’, the band are set to increase their fanbase significantly over the weekend.

ON THE LOCK-UP STAGE

2007 was a banner year for TIGER ARMY in their native US and beyond. The band released their fourth album, had their first ever radio-single (including several weeks as the most requested on Los Angeles' influential KROQ FM), went on their third Warped Tour and played over one hundred shows from California to Sweden, including radio festivals in California with bands as diverse as Interpol and Bad Religion. Now Reading and Leeds is the next stage for the Californian psyschobillies.

The perennial road warriors of punk rock, THE BRIGGS, have spent the last six years on the road with little respite. This doesn’t really bother them though. Considering the momentum the band has gained in the last few years, they welcome it. And though, the ride hasn’t been the easiest, The Briggs are ready to break out with their most honest and compelling album to date, ‘Come All You Madmen’.

Despite only forming 18 months ago, BLACKHOLE have already toured the country several times over with the likes of Gallows, The Ghost Of A Thousand, and Every Time I Die. The band are currently in the process of writing their debut album, so be sure to check them at this year's festival for a preview of new tracks and a live show that won't you leave disappointed.

From LeedsFestival.com...

Tiger Army. Nice. The Briggs aren't awful either, a bit bland.

The other three, not digging at all. PWT self-confirmed at GIAN, I was hoping it wouldn't come to fruition. :(

Oh, Blackhole not The Blackout...erm...never heard of them. Will give them a listen sometime.

Edited by YI

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I've never been to festival before.

How much money will I need for tents & stuff.

& how much for the actual gig?

I hate going without, so I'll be lookig for a fairly good tent & sleeping bag or whatever.

Apparently "A Wilhelm Scream" are trying to get onto the bill (as are "Sonic Boom Six"...but Concrete Jungle looks stacked :(). And are going to do some shows/tour in the UK again, in the summer. EPIC!

My mate and I are going all economy. We dunno whether to take a tent down with us, or buy one in Leeds. As we're coaching it down, so taking a tent may be awkward. We've got our eye on a cheap as fuck (£14) 2-man tent if we decide to buy one before. I don't care how shit it is, I'll just dump it afterwards.

Outside of that. Basically I'm hoping for 1 backpack. 2/3 bottles of Southern Comfort. Sleeping bag. Maybe a pillow, dunno tho, I didn't last time, but I remember being pissed off about it last time. 1/2 change of t-shirts....and probably just wear a pair of cargo-shorts (Especially if it rains) like a cunt all weekend. A few toiletries.

Less is more...aka...am gonna be a cheap cunt.

Okay, seeing as it wasn't a problem last time. What's it like getting drugs into Leeds. Obviously it's done...A FUCKING LOT...but what's the searching policy and all that like?

Edited by YI

Apparently "A Wilhelm Scream" are trying to get onto the bill (as are "Sonic Boom Six"...but Concrete Jungle looks stacked :(). And are going to do some shows/tour in the UK again, in the summer. EPIC!

My mate and I are going all economy. We dunno whether to take a tent down with us, or buy one in Leeds. As we're coaching it down, so taking a tent may be awkward. We've got our eye on a cheap as fuck (£14) 2-man tent if we decide to buy one before. I don't care how shit it is, I'll just dump it afterwards.

Outside of that. Basically I'm hoping for 1 backpack. 2/3 bottles of Southern Comfort. Sleeping bag. Maybe a pillow, dunno tho, I didn't last time, but I remember being pissed off about it last time. 1/2 change of t-shirts....and probably just wear a pair of cargo-shorts (Especially if it rains) like a cunt all weekend. A few toiletries.

Less is more...aka...am gonna be a cheap cunt.

Okay, seeing as it wasn't a problem last time. What's it like getting drugs into Leeds. Obviously it's done...A FUCKING LOT...but what's the searching policy and all that like?

Hide all your drugs and alcohol into the deepest depths of your camping bag and you'll be okay. Take a rucksack if you want to take drink and drugs into the arena and hide them very well too. You're more likely to be checked when entering the arena than the campsite if I remember rightly.