Reading/Leeds

Dan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of observations:

The Dance Stage line up seems pretty strong.

Roughly half of the bands on the Lock Up stage can just fuck off.

The Wombats? They have some good tunes, but I doubt they should headline the NME Stage.

If Manics, Cribs and Wombats are headlining the NME stage does that mean Babyshambles aren't?

Very nice to see Adam Green there, among others.

Metallica, RATM and the Killers are pretty uninspiring headliners as far as I'm concerned.

Not the best, but I think it's a better lineup than Glastonbury.

Babyshambles are headlining with Wombats beneath them

The Line-up in simple form. :shifty: I've bolded who I'd like/want to see...I know some I wont. I've italicised bands I'd see at a shove.

LEEDS - Friday

MAIN STAGE

Metallica

Tenacious D

Slipknot

Feeder

Avenged Sevenfold

Dropkick Murphys

Alexisonfire

NME STAGE

The Cribs

Last Of The Shadow Puppets

Conor Oberst

Pendulum

The Music

Hadouken!

Lightspeed Champion

Cajun Dance Party

Adam Green

Yeasayer

The Metros

DANCE AREA

CSS

Digitalism

Simian Mobile Disco

Chromeo

Crystal Castles

Lethal Bizzle

Holy Fuck

The Whip

Robots In Disguise

The Death Set

The Shoes

CSS missed out purely because by the looks/sounds of things...they're fucking shite live.

LEEDS - Saturday

MAIN STAGE

Rage Against The Machine

Queens Of The Stone Age

The Fratellis

The Enemy

Biffy Clyro

Serj Tankian

Dizzee Rascal

Taking Back Sunday

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Anti Flag

NME STAGE

Babyshambles

The Wombats

Vampire Weekend

MGMT

Jack Penate

One Night Only

The Duke Spirit

Be Your Own Pet

Blood Red Shoes

Make Model

THE LOCK UP

Less Than Jake

Pennywise

Goldfinger

The Unseen

H2O

Frank Turner

The Loved Ones

Hexes

Even tho LTJ and Goldfinger are shite these days, and I've seen them before, they still put on fun as hell shows.

SUNDAY - Leeds

MAIN STAGE

The Killers

Bloc Party

The Raconteurs

Editors

We Are Scientists

Dirty Pretty Things

The Subways

British Sea Power

The Automatic

NME STAGE

Manic Street Preachers

Bullet For My Valentine

Justice

Foals

Seasick Steve

The Ting Tings

The Mystery Jets

Santogold

Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong

Kids In Glass Houses

Bombay Bicycle Club

THE LOCK UP

Gallows

Alkaline Trio

Thrice

Flogging Molly

MXPX

Cancer Bats

Set Your Goals

The King Blues

Fucked Up

The Gaslight Anthem

Hi Fi Handgrenades

Random Hand

Gallows above Alk3 is fucking disgusting.

Edited by YI

I would get slayed if this got out in the download thread, but Reading looks fucking immense.

Crystal Castles, Metallica, Rage, Dizzee, Serj, We Are Scientists, Seasick Steve, Lethal Bizzle, Pendulum, Slipknot, Tenacious D.

I'm pretty sure that's longer than the list of people I care about at Download.

I'm fucking psyched.

Said glowsticks will be observed on the day. I can remember being quite drunk with a friend in 2006 whilst watching Maximo Park, we passed the time by lobbing three-figures worth of glow sticks into the distant crowd. It was pleasing at the time.

The Dirty Pretty Things/We Are Scientists double bill looks like it'll be my favourite part of the weekend, headliners look good too (mixing and matching between stages), particularly The Cribs.

I think it's wise Reading semi-promote The Wombats as headliners given that Pete Doherty is currently in prison and chances are something will happen between now and then to take him out of the running. I'd like to see Babyshambles at Reading, but even if they make it I've seen them before, while RATM is going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

There are always people selling, touts are as present as any other gig. I've done ebay before, worked out at about £150 a ticket which isn't too inflated. Plus I got to do the exchnge in person (wasn't going to trust a tout over ebay with £300), it was some woman who never had intentions of going, I took my tickets then let her know my feelings on what she was doing.

I'm looking for some recommendations of bands that are playing Leeds, preferably ones who are playing on the main stage. I'm a fan of Metallica, Tenacious D, Slipknot, Feeder, Biffy Clyro, QOTSA, Rage Against The Machine, The Raconteurs and the Manic Street Preachers already - and I'm acquiring Serj Tankian's album too.

THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM!!!

That is all.

I have a feeling Pennywise is going to be particuarly epic as well. But they have a shitload of albums, whereas Gaslight have one (and an EP), well two albums by the time the festival comes about, so will be quicker/easier to get into.

Basically look at my list above...all that is bolded is great.

Edited by YI

That's news to me. Considering I was catching The Cribs anyway should be a good chance to check them out properly - can't be bothered to get the album at present, will probably do so before Reading.

Saw Lightspeed Champion last night but due to last train times had to depart half way through, this has only strengthened my resolve to see him again at Reading. I wish Reading was this weekend.

Everyone will go see that in hope of them playing some Arctic Monkeys songs. Either that or every NME reader is (more of) a fucking idiot for believing everything it says, and would probably get behind a banjo playing broomstick if NME hyped them to be 'scene' enough.

I suppose this is the 'big' band Melvin Benn said was still to be announced.

There are strong rumours Modest Mouse are going to play...I kind of hope it's true...and kind of hope it's not. As if it's true...I could see them headlining the '3rd Stage'...but I've already got my headliners sorted out. And I don't feel like I can miss any of them. :(

There are strong rumours Modest Mouse are going to play...I kind of hope it's true...and kind of hope it's not. As if it's true...I could see them headlining the '3rd Stage'...but I've already got my headliners sorted out. And I don't feel like I can miss any of them. :(

Aren't they a bit big for the UnCarling stage?

There's still room for them on the main stage on Sunday. They might slot under the Editors or something like that.

Aren't they a bit big for the UnCarling stage?

There's still room for them on the main stage on Sunday. They might slot under the Editors or something like that.

Hmmm...maybe...but Hot Hot Heat headlined last year, and you could definately argue they're a vastly more popular (on a mainstream level) band than Modest Mouse are. Modest Mouse only really achieved anything over here with "Float On", and that was 4-year ago.

Apparently Paramore are self confirmed on the Main Stage.

I've also heard a rumour of The Weakerthans playing, but I think that's more just speculation than the Modest Mouse thing (Although they're touring Europe in July and have from early August-mid September free in their schedule...so I'm not sure if that is a good sign or bad sign)...but if it turns out to be true...I think IAceI might top himself. :shifty:

Edited by YI