Dan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 'in the socks' method wont work? :shifty:

Unless you're Bing Crosby, no.

I'm sitting here...thinking...I'm blaming on the fact I'm tired...but I don't get it. :(

But yeah, sniffer dogs? I don't remember any in 2004...do they have sniffer dogs now/will there be sniffer dogs?

But yeah, it'll be Class A, so I'm really wondering whether to risk it or not. <_<

Edited by YI

I've been in 02, 05, 06 and 07 and never had more than a cursory glance at me, let alone a bag or person search, although that may just be down to my image as a beacon of innocence. I'd go with in your socks if thats your bag, I've never had higher than Class C possibly to become Class B though...

I've never been searched or even looked at when entering the camping site - bar a quick glance at the wristband to make sure you're a camper. Entering the arena they'll have a look at what you're taking in, but if you're entering at a busy time they can't check you properly.

Entering the arena I'll take a clear bottle of vodka in a water bottle and then just buy cokes to mix it with.

Elsewhere or costs, a 2/3 man from Tesco is only £20 or £30 I think and is quite good quality. Sleeping bags can't be any more than a tenner (I splashed out on a good one for twenty, though that's because I left it to the last minute and it was all I could get in London). You can get an air bed to sleep on on-site for about another tenner.

I've heard a rumour (from the eFestivals forum) that Rage Against The Machine are getting a million pounds for playing Leeds and Reading. Their argument for being on a major label was pretty convincing, but I wonder what excuse they'd make about this.

£1 MILLION!!!! £1 MILLION!!!! Fucking hell, I'm still going to Babyshambles, or Less Than Jake, or whoever plays the other stage, before I'd choose RATM.

I mean, I'm not bitching at them...if someone offered me £1 million to do a gig, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. I'm not mortified about them going against their ethics. I'm mortified because they're so not worth it. :shifty:

Edited by YI

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this thread with the latest list of bands to be added with the announcement of the Festival Republic stage.

The headliners are:

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, Late Of The Pier (Leeds Saturday, Reading Friday)

Elliot Minor, The Audition, All Time Low (Leeds Sunday, Reading Saturday)

The Kills, Wiley, Glasvegas (Leeds Friday, Reading Sunday)

The others announced are: Black Acid, Black Kids, Black Tide, Cage The Elephant, Collapsing Cities, Emmy The Great, Fight Like Apes, Fighting With Wire, Florence And The Machine, Friendly Fires, Ida Maria, In Case Of Fire, Johnny Foreigner, Jubilee, Los Campesinos!, Louis XIV, Lovvers, Natty, Sergeant, TeenagersInTokyo, The Rascals, The Teenagers, These New Puritans, Twisted Wheel, White Denim, White Lies, Wild Beasts, You Me At Six

(The bands in bold are just the ones I have an interest in)

So, apart from YI's expected joy over Los Campsinos! (which is justified) whats everyones thoughts? I think it's a great set of bands unfortunately Dan Le Sac will clash with RATM and I'll choose RATM despite loving the DLSvsSP album. Also theAudition are a good band that I'll be going to see as long as nothing like Alkaline Trio clash with them which at this point they might do.

Here's how the days look.

READING (Friday), LEEDS (Saturday)

Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip

Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Late Of The Pier

The Teenagers

Friendly Fires

Ida Maria

White Denim

Florence and The Machine

Fighting With Wire

These New Puritans

Jubilee

TeenagersInTokyo

READING (Saturday), LEEDS (Sunday)

Elliot Minor

The Audition

All Time Low

You Me At Six

Black Kids

Louis XIV

Los Campesinos!

White Lies

Twisted Wheel

Fight Like Apes

Black Acid

Lovvers

Collapsing Cities

READING (Sunday), LEEDS (Friday)

The Kills

Wiley

Glasvegas

Sergeant

Cage The Elephant

The Rascals

Emmy The Great

Johnny Foreigner

Black Tide

In Case Of Fire

Wild Beasts

Natty

Basically. Los Campesinos! and maybe White Lies are highly to be the only bands I see. To be fair, the line up for this stage is a lot shitter than I was expecting. I would probably try and catch DIOYY, Glasvegas and Dan Le Sac but they all clash. Although if Babyshambles pull (which is rumoured) then Dan Le Sac it is.

The rest of the stuff, I really don't care for. And The Audition are so painfully dull. :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP! Not sure how accurate this actually is;

clashfinderpu8.jpg

Bah, apparently it's fan made...based off the last 2 years or so...but it's good to map things out and get a potential idea.

Edited by YI

Going off that;

FRIDAY

Alexisonfire

Robots In Disguise

The Whip

Lightspeed Champion

Emmy The Great?

The Music (Hard one to chose between this and Crystal Castles)

Pendulum

Simian/Conor Oberst (Depends how off my tits I am...probably Simian)

Digitalism

The Cribs

SATURDAY

Future Of The Left

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly

The Loved Ones

Be Your Own Pet

H20

(a bit of) Biffy Clyro

Tiger Army

The Fratellis

Lock-up Special Guests (more than likely)

Pennywise

Babyshambles (or Dan Le Sac if Pete Doherty has died somewhere)

SUNDAY

The Automatic

HiFi Handgrenades

The Gaslight Anthem

The Subways

Twisted Wheel?

White Lies

Los Campesinos! (WAS and Ting Tings clash...CHRIST!)

(a bit of) Cancer Bats

Foals

Bloc Party

(maybe a bit of) Alkaline Trio (depends how adventurous I am)

The Killers

I'm sure I pressed edit...fuck.

Edited by YI

I'm not as adventurous as YI.

Friday - Main stage all day. I want to see The Music and Crystal Castles, but they clash with Feeder.

Saturday - Main stage all day, possibly diverting to the Lockup Stage to see Goldfinger instead of The Fratellis/Enemy. If there's at least a 10 minute gap between the end of Goldfinger and beginning of QOTSA then I'll do it. If not, I'll go rest my inevitable backache caused from standing around too much instead.

Sunday - Undecided. Definitely seeing Gaslight, Raconteurs and Manic Street Preachers. I want to see Alk3, but I'll suffer Bullet For My Valentine to ensure I get a good spot (ie: in the tent itself) for Manics.

Edited by GA

Yeah. What a pile of shite. At another forum I go to (punk-rock), even the Anti-Flag fans are pissed off about it.

Guess I wont be seeing the Lock-Up special guests.

Of all the bands they could have chose to do two sets. Eugh. Just give Pennywise a fucking extended set, it'd be awesome.

The BBC Introducing Stage have been confirmed on the BBC website;

Tripwires

The Last People On Earth

The Situationists

Kid ID

Darlings Of The Splitscreen

GENERAL FIASCO

PULLED APART BY HORSES

Fangs

The Maybes

Razmataz Lorry Excitement (On name alone...plus they're Geordie)

Thomas Tantrum

Fox Clubs

Tiger Shadow

Hungry Ghosts

Flashguns

Skeletons

The Cherry Cobb Cartel

Eureka Machines

Ipso Facto

That Fucking Tank

I Concur

FF'ers

Attack! Attack!

Loqui

Bolded are good and might be worth checking out. Bolded and in capitals, fucking great.