Reading/Leeds

Dan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How big a discography do the Killers and Bloc Party have? I should probably get some listening done.

2 albums and a b-side album each. Bloc Party also have a few individual singles in the amazing "Flux", "Little Thoughts" and "Two More Years".

For what it's worth Bloc Party > The Killers, so check them out first. The Killers are very much a singlse band, in that 5/6 songs an album are great, but there's a bit of filler. Bloc Party have put out two absolutely killer albums, "A Weekend In The City" especially, which actually gets a bit of flack, but personally I think that's because they went in a slightly different direction to what people were expecting.

Bloc Party are hands down one of my favourite bands around at the minute. They're made even better by being one of the 'weirdest' looking bands...in that they don't really seem to fit together. You've got a black singer, a chinese drummer, an emo guitarist and a bassist with floppy hair.

And how can you not love;

Edited by YI

How big a discography do the Killers and Bloc Party have? I should probably get some listening done.

2 albums and a b-side album each. Bloc Party also have a few individual singles in the amazing "Flux", "Little Thoughts" and "Two More Years".

For what it's worth Bloc Party > The Killers, so check them out first. The Killers are very much a singlse band, in that 5/6 songs an album are great, but there's a bit of filler. Bloc Party have put out two absolutely killer albums, "A Weekend In The City" especially, which actually gets a bit of flack, but personally I think that's because they went in a slightly different direction to what people were expecting.

Bloc Party are hands down one of my favourite bands around at the minute. They're made even better by being one of the 'weirdest' looking bands...in that they don't really seem to fit together. You've got a black singer, a chinese drummer, an emo guitarist and a bassist with floppy hair.

And how can you not love;

I'm the opposite with the two bands. Bloc Party are really one of those hit and miss bands for me, when they hit they hit big - which will be 5 - 7 songs of each album, but then other stuff I just can't get into. Despite being featured on TV shows and snooker highlights a lot, So Here We Are remains one of my favourite songs. And Bloc Party, or some members of, were at my uni, which I'm told should install a sense of loyalty in me.

It took a solid year of my flatmate playing The Killers albums pretty much non-stop, but I'm quiet a fan now. I find Hot Fuss to be their better all round album, but Sam's Town is still pretty good. With Sawdust I've only heard the Lou Reed track, should probably get that one at some point.

Outside of Battle Of LA, anyone got any recommendations for RATM albums/tracks to check out?

Rage have three studio albums, one covers album, one live album/dvd and a rarities album.

Of the studio albums you definately want Battle and Self Titled, the third, Evil Empire is imo the weakest of the three, but is still great.

The covers album, Renegades, is very hit and miss, I dislike about half of the tracks, but the other half I'm in love with, so I think it's great. The live album is... well, a live album. I don't know how you feel about those. I'm not a fan of live stuff so I don't care one way or the other. The rarities album (Live and Rare) is pretty much only necessary for hardcore fans. There is nothing on it at all for a casual fan.

Sunday, main stage all day. Whoever has put Feeder between A7X and Slipknot is begging for a stoning, but the more i think about Tenacious D between Slipknot and Metallica, the more it just... works. Full excitement overload.

Just a pity when it comes to quality Feeder are in the lead by a fucking mile and a half. Followed by Slipknot, and then somewhere as specs in the distance Avenged Sevenfold are chasing whilst being utter shit.

Sunday, main stage all day. Whoever has put Feeder between A7X and Slipknot is begging for a stoning, but the more i think about Tenacious D between Slipknot and Metallica, the more it just... works. Full excitement overload.

Just a pity when it comes to quality Feeder are in the lead by a fucking mile and a half. Followed by Slipknot, and then somewhere as specs in the distance Avenged Sevenfold are chasing whilst being utter shit.

Ahahahaha A7x better than Metallica ahahahahaha.

hahaha.

Lol.

This is the part you go "April fools".

Please. :mellow:

Feeder?

I mean, they are alright, but they aren't much better than whatever else is on offer that day.

Considering I'm not a Slipknot fan, they probably showed more 'talent' in thier third album than I've ever heard out of Feeder.

Aside from 'Just A Day'.....which is glorious.

I saw half of Feeder at Download 2005. Seemed ok, but nothing special. Metallica in 2006 were so much better by a country mile.

There's certainly a place for Feeder (preferably a stage where I don't have to waste time watching them) but it's just the style clash of Feeder and Slipknot (who will be the best visual of the weekend - always a great experience to watch) being next to each other. Surely they suit the Friday more. Feeder under Rage'd work, and they'd be a pretty good lead-in to the band of the weekend.

Saying that, Incubus were under Iron Maiden in 2005, so who knows...

As I always thought of Feeder on their records, live at Reading 2006 I thought they came across as quite dull - and that was amongst the more indie line up on the Saturday of that year. Considering most of the fans gathered at the stage are probably going to be waiting for Slipknot and/or Metallica, they've been set up for a big fall.

I don't like it when festival crowds try to piss all over a band and ruin everyone elses enjoyment of them, but surely the promoters should book the line up sensibly and keep this is mind.

Feeder need more love. :shifty:

They have a fuckload of 'classic' tracks;

My Perfect Day

Stereo World

High

Insomnia

Yesterday Went Too Soon

Just A Day

Buck Rogers

Seven Days In The Sun

Turn

Forget About Tomorrow

Come Back Around

Comfort In Sound

Just The Way I'm Feeling

Shatter

Tumble And Fall

Feeling A Moment

Pilgrim Soul

Lost & Found

And that's basically just singles/'famous' songs alone.

Edited by YI

Ahahahaha A7x better than Metallica ahahahahaha.

hahaha.

Lol.

This is the part you go "April fools".

Please. :mellow:

Awesome. I was discussing Feeder, Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold. I wasn't even discussing Metallica.

If I was talking about Metallica, surely I would have made mention to them myself? Just a thought?

Edited by IAceI

You replied to his quote which said Feeder are in the lead, followed by Slipknot and A7x, which implies that Metallica are below them, which is laughable.

Ace hates Avenged like the plague (or so I seem to remember :shifty:), I wouldn't be surprised if he was meaning Avenged were 'last'.

Edited by YI

Hey Stevie, received this?:

Dear Customer,

Due to a technical error all Reading Festival Bookings have not been processed.

NO CREDIT CARDS HAVE BEEN CHARGED.

We do apologies for any inconvenience caused.

AceTickets.co.uk

Management

Edited by TMJ