Reading/Leeds

Dan

This time next week... I'll be at work. :( Heading up straight after work on the Thursday.

You guys fancy a beer one night?

I'd be up for it, but I'm going to Leeds, and a presume with you being a southerner and all, you'll be at Reading.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Reading, heading down for when the gates are opened on the Thursday. Handy really as I had to use my holidays up at work, meaning I'm off from that Thursday until around 4th September I think.

Although this time next week the pessimist in me says I'll be in the pissing rain, water seeping through the holes in my shoes, awaiting the arrival of Dizzee Rascal. Hopefully the weather will pick up from the recent slump and be more like last year. Didn't the fields flood shortly before last year? It was still rather sunny regardless of that.

I hope you all know that I'm going to spend next weekend crying about the fact this is the 3rd summer in the last 8 years I've not been to a festival. Stupid eBay tickets and lack of money. I'm actually going to have to go old school next year and spend an hour on PC and phone getting angry...

Anyone know what there is to do in the way of drinking/entertainment on the Thursday night? No idea what I've done for the last two years but as it's my birthday (well, pretty much) I want to find some kind of club/bar/non-field to go to. I usually only venture into Reading for a fried breakfast in the morning, never really paid much attention to it.

No idea, not sure if anything formal goes on but I assume everyone will be drinking and lighting fires. I believe a friend of mine found some kind of indie club for last year but I didn't go along. She has since gone off to New York rather than spend her time in a muddy field, quite why anybody would do that I'm not sure.

Set Your Goals have pulled out...meaning...longer set times on the Lock-Up...meaning...10 more minutes of GASLIGHT ANTHEM!!!!!! They now apparently have 40-minutes as apposed to half an hour, which fucking amazing news. Especially seeing as I doubt I'll be able to catch their sideshow in Manchester.

A good time schedule is here (apparently totally legit);

http://festivalfiles.com/times.pdf

The days are as per the Reading timetable (days)...going off that, here's my plans...

FRIDAY

The Metros [12:00 - 12:30]

Alexisonfire [13:00 - 13:45]

The Whip [14:25 - 15:05]

Lightspeed Champion [15:25 - 16:05]

Lethal Bizzle [16:25 - 17:05]

Feeder [17:25 - 18:15] (Missing The Music and Crystal Castles :()

Pendulum [18:35 - 19:25] OR Slipknot [18:40 - 19:30] (Depending on mood)

Conor Oberst [19:45 - 20:35] OR Simian Mobile Disco [20:00 - 20:55] (Depending on mood)

Digitalism [21:10 - 22:00]

The Cribs [22:30 - 23:30]

SATURDAY

Future Of The Left [12:00 - 12:35]

Get Cape Wear Cape Fly [12:45 - 13:20]

The Loved Ones [13:30 - 14:00]

...maybe a wee bit of Blood Red Shoes

Be Your Own Pet [14:40 - 15:20]

H20 [15:50 - 16:30] (Missing Pulled Apart by Horses :()

Biffy Clyro [16:45 - 17:35]

Tiger Army [17:50 - 18:35]

Goldfinger [18:55 - 19:40] OR The Fratellis [19:05 - 19:55] (Depending on mood)

...might catch a little bit of QOTSA, but will probably just wander around shitfaced

Pennywise [21:10 - 22:00]

Babyshambles [22:30 - 23:30]

SUNDAY

I Concur [12:10 - 12:35]

Hi Fi Handgrenades [12:50 - 13:30]

The Gaslight Anthem [13:45 - 14:25]

I will top myself due to so many shit bands being on at once, whilst great stuff clashes through the day...or take a rifle and try and kill Santogold.

White Lies [16:00 - 16:35]

Los Campesinos! [16:50 - 17:25]

MXPX [17:45 - 18:30]

Foals [18:55 - 19:45]

Bloc Party [20:20 - 21:30]

The Killers [22:00 - 23:30]

So whilst possibly being the best day...Sunday is also the drizzling shits, as stuff clashes. There's a gap of 14:25...16:00 where there's nowt I want to see...and I'll go see MXPX just because there's fuck all else on, I don't particuarly like them. But due to clashes I can't see General Fiasco, Thrice, Alkaline Trio, Cancer Bats, Ting Tings, We Are Scientists, Joe Lean, Fox Cubs.

Still, not too shabby to be fair. I'd say Sunday's got more bands I'm chuffed to be seeing, but my possible Saturday line-up looks as though it could be fucking immense.

Edited by YI