Reading/Leeds

Dan

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After having no sleep for four days, I declared I wasn't going to Leeds again. I take that back. I just need to find a way to make sure I get more sleep because I simply can't function without it. I think a combination of an air bed and camping in the family area may help.

Alexisonfire - Don't know anything about them. There seemed to be a shirtless man hanging around who doesn't do a great deal.

Just thought I'd reply to this. My mate was saying the same thing too. "Fuck me, that singer does fuck all". It's because he can't 'sing', he's a screamer. In the early days AOF was basically all screams, until they realised Dallas Green is a fucking awesome singer and decided to actually feature singing more...so now the screamer/lead singer basically does fuck all half the time.

Alexisonfire - Don't know anything about them. There seemed to be a shirtless man hanging around who doesn't do a great deal.

Just thought I'd reply to this. My mate was saying the same thing too. "Fuck me, that singer does fuck all". It's because he can't 'sing', he's a screamer. In the early days AOF was basically all screams, until they realised Dallas Green is a fucking awesome singer and decided to actually feature singing more...so now the screamer/lead singer basically does fuck all half the time.

Hahaha, true.

I'm watching the highlight's on BBC2 now. They better show QOTSA as well as Metallica, I know they're not showing RATM (them and they're pretenious courtcases meaning more room for generic indie shit <_< ). The crowd seemed almost dead for the The Enemy, and my god he's an ugly shit. This band, whoever they're called singing in the BBC studio about "looking better naked" are pipe. Whilst I don't like Dizzee Rascal, he was a pretty fun opener, especially if you were there.

Oh god, Lucha Britannia.

EDIT: FUCK YEAH! TOM MORELLO! Albeit he's with Serj Tankian in the studio doing acoustic, but still.

Edited by TheModernWay

Well to be fair, I typed that before I saw Serj there (not a SOAD fan) and thought it was Zach. Wasn't my kinda thing, but wasn't bad. I guess I'm a bit of a Morello mark too. ^_^

And Lucha Britannia was some wrestling/burlesque thing in case you didn't see/not watching.

Pendulum sound dirty, but I like it.

Edited by TheModernWay

• 3 months later...
News Comments: AC/DC headline Reading?

AC/DC posted a message saying they are headlining Reading/Leeds Festival - and then [promptly removed it. Read into that what you will...

credit - Punktastic.com

.......meh.

Meh... It'd been rumoured. Assuming I go, which I probably will, I'll probably check them out but I won't be expecting much.

Boring.

And this is why AC/DC need to headline Download instead. For years people have been waiting for them to headline it, whereas those at Leeds are, seemingly, less likely to be bothered.

They're not amazing, but they're fun and they have some total anthems. I can't for the life of me understand why they'd headline Leeds over Donnington though. Maybe that's why they deleted it? Wrong festival :P

£££. TV Exposure. More mainstream audience. Bigger crowd (Leeds and Reading). To name 4 reasons.

Edited by Footjob Fever

I mean, nothing against AC/DC, I love some of their tunes. But I couldn't stomach a full headlining set. They're apparently playing Friday at Leeds and Sunday at Reading (apparently), the days without the lockup, so I'm hoping that there'll be good bands elsewhere...

...Gallows better not be fucking headlining the lockup again...

Rumour has Bad Religion headlining the lockup one day, which I think is a pretty sound shot at being correct. They're due a headlining slot (being beneath Hatebreed last time they played, WTF?!?!) and they have an album out early in the year apparently, so it fits together.

Whatever happens, can't wait for this...big group of us going this year, or so that's what's knocking around...would be more, but a few are going to Creamfields, I quite fancy Creamfields especially now it's multiple days, but Leeds wins out over it.

Edited by YI

So someone told me today (no idea how reliable it is) that the line up will be:

AC/DC (Friday Leeds, Sunday Reading)

Kings of Leon (Saturday Leeds, Friday Reading)

Oasis/Green Day (Sunday Leeds, Saturday Reading)

Which is very "meh", in my opinion. So I hope it isn't true. Also from Blabbermouth.

In this week's issue of U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine, SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor reveals that the band has been approached to headline next year's Download festival. He says: "We've had an offer from Download but we've also got a few other options open to us at the moment. A couple of the guys in the band really want to come back and do Reading and Leeds. Obviously we had to cancel this year and it's been such a long time since we last played there, so that's definitely an option we're considering."

Only thing is, where would they fit in? They'd have to be mainstage but if the lineup I've just posted is right they'll look really out of place wherever.