Doctor Who

Benji

I think that was the best second part of a two-parter in a long, long time. Possibly at all since "New Who" started - RTD and Moffat have both been great at set-ups and woefully bad at pay-offs, and aside from one or two minor complaints, I think that was an excellent episode. Any complaints I could make are kind of complaints of the show as a whole - using "timey wimey" stuff to explain away a plot point and so on. For the most part, though, tremendous stuff.

I've said since Capaldi started that, while he may not be the best Doctor, he could well be the best actor to have played The Doctor. This episode did a damn good job of proving that to me - he told more of a story just from his facial expressions while in conversation with Davros than any amount of wild gesticulating and excited yelping from Matt Smith or David Tennant ever could have hoped to do.

• Like 2

Some good and bad news in regard to missing episodes

In June 2013, Bleeding Cool ran a story stating that a bunch of Doctor Who‘s missing episodes had been discovered by a man touring the broadcasters of Africa. That part of the story was true and the man was Philip Morris, though the number confirmed as discovered was far fewer, nine in total. 

Though it seems it could have been ten..

Philip Morris told the crowd at the Pandorica convention in Bristol today that he had found the missing Web Of Fear Episode 3, alongside the other episodes, back in 2011 but that it went missing. He believes that because news of the find was leaked, someone in the station in Nigeria sold the episode to a private collector before he could bring it back to the UK. He believes the local station manager who kept one episode aside and who evaded subsequent questions. Philip delayed the announcement of the find for a year, trying to get that missing episode back, before eventually announcing in 2013, the 9 episodes of Doctor Who that he had secured.

He says that is why he has to keep secret any other finds, to prevent a repeat performance. Though he hopes that now he has made this public, the owner will do the decent thing and allow the episode to enter the archive…

Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/26/philip-morris-confirms-he-had-missing-third-episode-of-doctor-who-web-of-fear-and-teases-more-to-come/

Well before the find only Episode 1 was known to exist in the archive, so to them its a one of a kind, some collectors are fine with the BBC taking a copy if its now in the archive while others will donate it to the archive, you just get the stuck up pricks who want to keep it unique.

I think that was the best second part of a two-parter in a long, long time. Possibly at all since "New Who" started - RTD and Moffat have both been great at set-ups and woefully bad at pay-offs, and aside from one or two minor complaints, I think that was an excellent episode. Any complaints I could make are kind of complaints of the show as a whole - using "timey wimey" stuff to explain away a plot point and so on. For the most part, though, tremendous stuff.

I've said since Capaldi started that, while he may not be the best Doctor, he could well be the best actor to have played The Doctor. This episode did a damn good job of proving that to me - he told more of a story just from his facial expressions while in conversation with Davros than any amount of wild gesticulating and excited yelping from Matt Smith or David Tennant ever could have hoped to do.

As usual Skummy is right.

It felt really disjointed to me; had some nice ideas, then spent forever skirting around them, then BETTER FLOOD THE BASE FOR INSTANT PERIL. Not a great episode at all, just seemed to flit around too much, suggesting one thing then leaving it well alone for a while. It did a good job of the whole "never be sure if you're watching a two-parter or not" thing, though.

Is it just me or is Capaldi starting to sound very Tom Baker-y in some of his delivery (I noticed one early on, and certainly when they sent the sub out). I don't know if it's deliberate, subconscious or just coincidence, but it is brilliant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad episode, although the interesting part for me was the explanation of the Doctor's face, something that I recall was brought up when it was announced he would be the next Doctor and that he had already played a character in the new series, there was some ideas thrown about since RTD had thought to bring him back as the Doctor during his time.

That was lame. Awful story, dull characters, generic enemy, uninspired acting, cringe worthy effects, and a total waste of the hype created by a Maisie Williams appearance. The "explanation" for his face was daft, as was that stupid repair kit thing. Hopefully next week is an improvement.

Yea, the whole episode I was waiting for something...anything...to happen and it just went no where.  I didn't even totally get the explaination for his face