The Offical Unoffical GTA Multiplayer Thread

Ruki

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That means you'd have to be teamed up with Fitzy for ranked :shifty:

But I am done work at 8pm tonight, and would be getting home about 9pm, that would be 11 for you east coasters. I shall play! Assuming Summers isn't playing, my 360 doesn't like him.

Random rant because I'm bored...

Anyone else hate how the multiplayer rankings work?

I mean, you get $100+ for a kill. That's one part I agree with. What I don't agree with however, is the fact that you don't lose anything for being killed by somebody else, but do when you die.

My point is, whenever you join a deathmatch, it always seems to be in the small islands for about 20 minutes. The reason is obviously so all involved can just go killing each other in a small amount of time to improve their ranking, which is why losing absolutely nothing for being killed doesn't really make the ranking seem all that rewarding.

I'm at Level 4 at the moment (and have worked for every cent, dammit >_>) while others are at level 6, and are clearly totally shit at the game in my experience of playing against some of them.

So yeah, I think it's gay. Who else thinks the same as me/likes how multiplayer works/think they have a better idea of how it should work?

Ranked just seems as more of a distraction than a purposeful mode. Like on Halo or Call of Duty, people will be like "oh fuck we're up against a 45" or whatever, whereas GTA it's just "Yay let's go kill people/steal cars/teabag kids" and no one gives a shit about the rank. The only reason I want to rank up is to unlock the clothes and stuff so I don't look exactly like everyone else ¬_¬

I'm with Dragsy; the only reason I ever played ranked was to try to snag some new clothes so I'd look different.

Which is irrelevant, because like everyone else the second I get that zombie skin I'll wear it until another fad catches on <_<