Mindless Self Indulgance

Gazz

What's so good about this band?

Everyman and his dog keeps pimping them to me, and all I've heard in somekind of shit Industrial-Punk-Dance mesh and purile lyrics all about piss and shit, the kind of thing a 12 year old would snigger about because his/her mom wouldn't like it.

Or is it just because the bassist married Gerard Way?

All of my friends love the band and keep telling me to listen to them, but they really don't "do" anything for me.

I hate their lyrics with a passion, thats probably my biggest fault with the band. But what I tend to hate about the band is what other people love about the band. So oh well, I guess it depends on your taste.

My girlfriend will NOT stop singing "I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO SHUT ME UP IN A MINUTE, MINUTE" at least twice daily. I'm starting to like that song and I have never fucking heard it.

That song always gets played when I go out. The osmosis effect worked on me and I like them.

They're decent. If you put aside the 12 year old humour and the like they're catchy and not a bad listen. Actually, scratch that. Everyone needs a little 12 year old humour now and then.

And I too recognize the sample in "Shut Me Up" but can't place it. The video is fucking quality though.

I like a few songs. "Shut Me Up", "Faggot", "Bitches", "Clarissa", "I Hate Jimmy Page", "Planet Of The Apes" etc. But they have some absolute shit in their discography.

I saw them support MCR and thought they were pretty shite...but, whatever. I still like my selection of 10 or so songs.

Edited by YI

Yeah, they're a catchy lil' band that is kinda like Gir (or, most of the more dumb humor in Invader Zim/JtHM/Ect) if made into a band. But they are far from the greatest thing to ever grace the Earth. As well as I think they are starting to suffer from the over hype machine. Which tells me there will be a backlash machine in a matter of a year, tops.

And, I always saw Jimmy getting love as the same reason most ass holes in all medias get love.

Yeah, they're a catchy lil' band that is kinda like Gir (or, most of the more dumb humor in Invader Zim/JtHM/Ect) if made into a band. But they are far from the greatest thing to ever grace the Earth. As well as I think they are starting to suffer from the over hype machine. Which tells me there will be a backlash machine in a matter of a year, tops.

And, I always saw Jimmy getting love as the same reason most ass holes in all medias get love.

There already is a sort of a backlash effect in the works, at least with the people that I originally discovered MSI with. There is a segment of the fanbase that have grown to be quite vocal about their mainstream popularity and how it's affecting their sound for the worse. I sort of agree, I though that "You'll Rebel To Anything" was for the most part a pretty shitty album, but the newest seems to be quite good from what I have listened to it.

I am a fan of the band but I hate other fans of the band. And I think that both Jimmy Urine and Steve Righ? are pretty good on the vocals, they have amazing range.

Saw them on Saturday. I enjoyed the bits between the songs to be honest, the lead singer's a nutcase, and thinks himself as a bit of a stand-up comedian. At one point he stripped down and had the audience throw clothes at him to wear. And stuff like that. That was more entertaining than the music.

Most of the songs sound exactly the same. That's my main hate about them.

I freakin' love this band and am waiting for their new album that I pre-ordered to get here. Everyone else has been getting their pre-orders early but not me.

I can understand the hate for their lyrics. All in all, I don't even listen to the lyrics that much. But the music is catchier than anything I've ever heard. What I don't understand is all this "mainstream hype" you guys are talking about. Maybe it's because I live in NW Ohio and all everyone listens to here is rap and country but the only people I know that listen to MSI are because I've introduced them to it.

Though I just found out a few weeks ago that their hot bassist married MCR's singer. I didn't even think the guy liked chicks.

I just heard Shut Me Up, and realised I'd already heard it. But I've got no idea where from. Is the main riff stolen from somewhere else? I seriously have no idea where I'd have heard it before. Maybe it was used for a trailer or something? I'unno.

Anyway, I wouldn't go as far as saying I liked it, but it wasn't terrible.

Though I just found out a few weeks ago that their hot bassist married MCR's singer. I didn't even think the guy liked chicks.

Yeah, after I found that out I pretty much decided there's no way MCR can have any right to be any thing resembling "emo" any more. Or, least their leader singer doesn't have any right to be emo...

Well...

Maybe for that shitty hair cut he has but beyond that, yeah, lucky bastard.