Sven to get the sack

Liam

At least in my defence, I was always a fan of Sven - even at England, and can't say I ever wanted to see the back of him. I'd take an "uncaring manager with no passion for the job" as I was frequently told - who actually gets us to major tournaments.

I was never anti-Sven, and I liked that he came to Man City, and I'd prefer to see him stick around in the Premiership but it doesn't look likely now. Which is a shame because, while not a barrel of laughs he's good at what he does.

Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread and clutter the board with more management changes (something i've got a knack of...) I might as well post in here that the Hughes to City motion is almost complete.

City have reached an agreement in terms of compensation but are yet to speak to Hughes according to the BBC, the club have more or less acknowledged that he's leaving which means Hughes could be making the move by the end of the week

I personally think this would be a wise move for Hughes, he's done a great job at Blackburn and with plenty of money to spend he could easily find and attract the next Santa Cruz. Plus going to Chelsea would cut off any potential Man Utd move that he's long been rumoured to be doing.

• Admin
Find the next Santa Cruz? He is rumoured to be making Bentley and Cruz his first two signings. This is a bad bad week :(

Just the usual paper talk. Today, apparently Santa Cruz is off to Man Utd for £15m, whilst Bentley is off to Spurs in exchange for £7m, Aaron Lennon & Hossam Ghaly. And last summer, McCarthy was off to Chelsea, Pedersen to Spurs, Nelsen to Portsmouth etc. Just stuff to fill column inches in the off-season.

And for some reason, given Bentley's ego, I get the feeling he wouldn't view Man City as a transfer worth making. I get the sense the lad is waiting for a top four team to come in for him.

Sad to (probably) lose Sparky, even sadder to see the names McClaren, Allardyce and Jewell being talked as a potential replacements. >_<

He needs to aim further than that or he's for the sack.

Though maybe that's what he wants, another payday. :shifty:

Edited by King eLLis

Thaksin has a pretty American mindset in that he wants the biggest players playing for Man City and for them to start achieving success through that. No building up. No bringing in youth. Just players that can make Man City a massive club.

Regardless of what people say about Man City won't be able to attract the higher and better players - but I don't think Santa Cruz and Bentley are quite who Thaksin has in mind to come to the club. Even if it's likely Hughes will bring them along.

I think I shall apply to manage Chelsea :shifty:

Because I have as much chance of getting it as they do of convincing Scolari to go to England.

Chelsea would not let it go this long if they didn't have someone sorted for after Euro 2008. Of course there will be stupid amounts of speculation over everyone and anyone that ended the season well last season but yeah... I don't think Peter Kenyon was all that shocked when Grant was pushed out. He's been preparing a back-up for a while me thinks.