The Summer Transfer Thread

Polish player Paweł Golański is rumoured to be a transfer target for Bolton Wanderers. I hope the transfer works, there are way too few Polish players in Premiership, basically only goalkeepers like Kuszczak, Fabiański, Szczęsny... Other than that, meh.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am.

He signed Jean-Alain fucking Boumsong for 8 million.

I'll never forgive him.

We dodged a bullet with him, Houllier had wanted to sign him for ages but Rangers offered him more money.

Edited by therockbox

Arsene Wenger confirmed on French TV last night that Samir Nasri will sign before the European Championships are underway. You can all stop panicking - he will turn up, it’s just a question of when.

Source: Gunnerblog.com

It's an Arsenal fan website, and a very reputable one at that, so we finally have our first signing! Yay!

Sooooo. What are some good places to monitor for Hull City rumors/news on transfers? Since I've never really needed to monitor that shit before, since all the players to me were "Oh...okay." but now they could be shitty castoffs from big clubs! BIG CLUBS!

David Healy is being linked with Hull, apparently Hull and Ipswich are the two clubs after him. Town have also been linked with Carlos Bocanegra, released by Fulham on Sunday, but with PSV, Osasuna and Coventry all in the hunt, then I doubt a move to Ipswich will be on the cards.

and,

Jermanie Beckford, I personally hope this is true. I think he'd be a good addition to any Championship Club and with only really two out and out Strikers (Counago and Lee) he could fit in nicely, because he's totally different to the both of them, I see him more like Danny Haynes, but he's been playing down the left/right wing, same as Jon Walters. Norwich and Q.P.R are also interested but we're in the same posistion as Q.P.R money wise, I'd say we're a bigger club so hopefully we'll land him. Believed to be around 900k.

Didier Deschamps says it is between him and three others to land the Chelsea job but other papers report Rijkaard is the man and the wheels are in motion to bring Eto'o and Ibrahimovic for a combined fee of 50mill to Stamford Bridge when he arrives.

Real prepared to bid 150mill for Ronaldo, 40mill in cash with Robinho, Ramos and Diarra heading the other way. (that's ridiculous in my opinion)

Arsenal have made a 20mill bid for Real Mallorca striker, Dani Guiza. Wenger has also stated that Samir Nasri will be at The Emirates within the next week.

Ben Foster, Steve Sidwell and Richard Dunne are transfer targets for Martin O'Neill

Edited by new_era

Real prepared to bid 150mill for Ronaldo, 40mill in cash with Robinho, Ramos and Diarra heading the other way. (that's ridiculous in my opinion)

It is ridiculous, I don't think there's any truth to it. But I'd turn it down. Senseless to sell the best player in the world unnecessarily, especially when it involves taking three players who've never played in England before.

Arsenal have made a 20mill bid for Real Mallorca striker, Dani Guiza.

I find that hard to believe. He's 27, and he's only had one good season in the Spanish top flight.

QPR are in a far better position moneywise.

Unless you have Steve Jobs backing you?

& To further back this up, they are owned by;

Flavio Briatore (Net Worth N/A (At least 1BN)

Benie Ecllestone (Net Worth: £2.4 Billion)

Lakshmi Mittal (Net Worth: £27 Billion)

Edited by RingysTaintLickerDan

QPR are in a far better position moneywise.

Unless you have Steve Jobs backing you?

& To further back this up, they are owned by;

Flavio Briatore (Net Worth N/A (At least 1BN)

Benie Ecllestone (Net Worth: £2.4 Billion)

Lakshmi Mittal (Net Worth: £27 Billion)

We're in a good position money wise, not that good, but still, Marcus Evans is in a far better position then most in the Championship, Ipswich are easily one of the better off clubs in the league now, maybe only behind the three relegated clubs and Q.P.R.

As for Guiza, I just posted what I read, I'm not saying it's true, I hadn't even heard of the guy, thought I'd throw it in here though. 20mill maybe steep but who's not saying Arsenal will make a bid for him?