Official EURO 2008 Thread

alldaws1

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the tournament I'll be watching every match. For year's i've missed so much because I didn't think to record the other matches, but thanks to freeview I can set everything up in one button click :D

Only problem is they'll spoil the other match by giving us a goal update every 5 mins >_<

1 DAY, 23 HOURS.....TILL......EURO CUP 2008!

I CANT WAIT

I CANT WAIT

IM PUMPED

BRING IT ON

YES

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

K, I'm done. Oh yeah, Sneijder almost injured himself badly.

What are you so excited about? You don't play until Monday >_>

Only problem is they'll spoil the other match by giving us a goal update every 5 mins >_<

You'll only have that problem during the third round of group games when both group matches are on at the same time. Unless you plan on watching the second game before the first game in the first two rounds of group matches. But that would be silly, don't do that :P

1 DAY, 23 HOURS.....TILL......EURO CUP 2008!

I CANT WAIT

I CANT WAIT

IM PUMPED

BRING IT ON

YES

YES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

K, I'm done. Oh yeah, Sneijder almost injured himself badly.

What are you so excited about? You don't play until Monday >_>

England aren't playing at all and I can't wait. The BBC/ITV might actually cater towards those of us actually interested in the football instead of the INGERLUND bandwagon jumpers this time around.

I haven't looked at it yet and I'll be camping this weekend anyways. I figure it's going to be a split when there's two games on. One on TSN one on Sportsnet. Then TSN probably showing the other game as a repeat right after.

Yeah I checked and they're splitting off days until the 14th. There is only a possibility of missing a match on the 15th where you get to choose between Portugal and Switzerland or Turkey and Czech Republic.

Eh, I've got two TVs so I'll just watch both games at once.

GO SWEDEN.

I'M PUMPED.

Thanks to the random draw on my works football sweeps, I am now supporting Sweden for this tourny. Lets go Henrik >_>

I love how TSN is showing old school games. Watching the extra time of Portugal-England in 2004 right now.

That's the only thing missing from Euro 2008, England choking in a Quarterfinal. Possibly from a horrid Beckham spot kick.

Guest Dr. Potato Head

And in case you don't get Sportsnet/TSN (Basic Cable in Brantford, for one, doesn't include TSN), the game that each network doesn't carry live is replayed in prime time most nights.

Also, the big story of the tournament is clearly the return of Vic Rauter to our television screens for the first time since he inexplicably did a weekend SportsCentre a few weeks back. I :wub: Vic Rauter.

Guest Dr. Potato Head

Kou and I were discussing this a few days ago - TSN needs to devote an hour a day to "Vic Rauter presents", where they send him to whatever sporting event they can come up with. I would honestly tolerate a horrible-quality product if Vic Rauter was doing the announcing.