Heroes Season Three

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole series of Heroes without Sylar? I couldn't stand it.

I could, easily. Sylar's without a doubt my least favourite character in Heroes. It's not "ooh I hate him cuz I'm supposed to, he's so evil grrr!" he's just.. not a very compelling character at all.

Eh, each to their own... Who are your favourite characters, just out of interest?

And:

I really hope to god Nathan stays dead. Not that he's a bad character (at all) but, outside of D.L., NOBODY on the show fucking stays dead and it really ruins a lot of the excitement and 'danger' of the show, I guess you could say.

Apart from Isaac, Ted, Hiro's Dad (name escapes me), Elle, that woman that was able to appear to be whoever she wanted that Sylar shacked up with, Bob, Linderman, Arthur, Daphne, that Irish chick...? Hell, Adam Monroe did, and he's supposed to be fucking invincible, what more do you want? :P

:P

Edited by Farmer Reil

I always say I'm only still watching for the characters but now I dunno why I'm watching. I've always disliked Mohinder and Peter, Claire's never really done it for me, I've never enjoyed either of Larter's characters... the only characters I've consistently liked are Parkman, Nathan, Noah, Sylar, Hiro and Ando. And now I don't really like Sylar either. Hiro and Ando lost their spark a long time ago as well. And I'm still pissed off that Elle was killed :@

Seem as though everyone else is doing this, I may as well weigh in.

Characters I like: Noah Bennett, Sylar, Peter (provided he DO something next season), Danko, Nathan, Hiro, Ando.

Characters I keep hoping will die: Claire, Angela Petrelli, Mohinder, ANYONE played by Ali Larter.

Characters I reserve special levels of hatred for: Anyone played by Ali Larter and Matt Parkman, who has shown himself to be the most pathetically easily manipulated character ever. He fell in love with Daphne when he was told he was supposed to, then Daphne died, then he became Super-Dad, then trying to shack back up with his ex-wife in what? Six months? Prick.

I agree with the unfair killings of Elle, Daphne and Adam Monroe. Also, Daddy Petrelli was awesome.

The last season just felt meandering and a little silly. It seems like they decided "let's try and get through a whole season without having a new super-powered villian", and then just kind of bounced around. It feels like each episode was only planned two or three episodes in advance.

I disagree with that last point almost totally. Hiro and Ando did feel a little lost and "shit, what're we going to do with them?"-ish, but other than that this season was awesome, and had a string of three or four episodes in the middle that were incredible.

As for characters:

Love(/d): Sylar, Ted, Ando (pre-fucking him up), Hiro, Parkman sometimes, Daphne, Nikki (but not really Tracy), Danko, Noah, Isaac, Maury Parkman.

Like(/d): Micah, Angela, Peter, Elle, Linderman (largely because of Malcolm McDowell), The Haitian, Adam Monroe, Alejandro.

Dislike(/d): Mohinder, especially in the last series and ESPECIALLY when he only shows up to do the fucking narration at the end and hasn't been seen all episode. Buff- er, Claire.

Hate(/d): Every single one of Claire's love interests; they've all been shit, Nathan, Arthur, Maya. Maya, Maya.

Why all the Ali Larter hate?

Edited by Farmer Reil

Adam Monroe was all types of awesome, and I'm sad to see him go. I wish people would stay fucking dead in this show. I'm sorry, but it's getting to the point where the suspense is taken away because you figure they can be brought back. They need to realize when to shelf a character, too. Otherwise, the season was another step in the right direction and I'm glad Peter's got all of his powers back, really. I still want a Peter - Sylar square off one way or another. A whole episode needs to be dedicated to that. Seriously.

Oh, and yes, Fuck Maya. She was the shitest character on Hereos. EVER.

Edited by 10 Day Suspension

I wish people would stay fucking dead in this show.

No, seriously. Isaac, Ted, Kaito, Elle, that woman that was able to appear to be whoever she wanted that Sylar shacked up with, Bob, Linderman, Arthur, Daphne, that Irish chick, Adam Monroe... Remember me posting that, like, five posts above? I also forgot to mention Maya, Alejandro and DL.

Compared to: Claire (her entire power is that she can't die), Sylar (stole said power), Nathan (is actually Sylar), NikkiTracyBarbara (who didn't die the first time, and the current reincarnation makes absolute sense).

Four whole characters who've 'come back to life'. One of which isn't really back to life anyway. Several flaws in your argument there that you've decided to ignore.

Eh, each to their own... Who are your favourite characters, just out of interest?

Nathan, Peter, Hiro & Ando, and Parkman. Oh, and Noah. I don't really care much for the other characters.

I know, but all of those characters you listed haven't been 'core' characters, as such. After Syalr slit Nathan's throat, I sat there and I said outloud, 'They had the balls to kill someone big', only to find a way to bring him back. I know a lot of characters have died, but none of the core characters have really been killed lately, and I think one of them needs to go. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for favourite characters; Peter, Noah, Sylar and Parkman.

Let me throw this out here guys. Peter doesn't have his powers back.

In the limo scene where it's shown that Peter is shapeshifted into the president. He says something along the lines of "Bet you didn't think I took this one"

I think he still could only choose between one of the abilities that Syler has. I think Peter is still screwed up. They never should've taken away his chameleon abilities of absorbing anyone's ability he comes into contact with. Because now you have super villain in Sylar whom will be back and NO real strong good guy to fend him off. also....

Die Ali Larter please just DIE

I know, but all of those characters you listed haven't been 'core' characters, as such. After Syalr slit Nathan's throat, I sat there and I said outloud, 'They had the balls to kill someone big', only to find a way to bring him back. I know a lot of characters have died, but none of the core characters have really been killed lately, and I think one of them needs to go. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for favourite characters; Peter, Noah, Sylar and Parkman.

If you're going to ignore them just because they're dead, then obviously none of the core characters die. :shifty: Isaac was prety key to the entire first season, and Adam was key to the second. Ted and Daphne were also fairly major in terms of screen-time, if not exactly plot.

Sure, nobody essential has died recently, but that's because the only person trying to kill them who isn't a Stereotypical Incompetant Henchman has had other things on his mind recently.Do you want Danko (who isn't trying to 'kill' them anyway, remember?) to just turn up one week and shoot Peter or another perfectly decent character in the face for no apparent reason, just because you "think someone should die soon"?

I thought Crash TV was supposed to be a bad thing?

If Shark Boy turned up in the WWE tomorrow and pinned whoever the World Champion is, for no reason at all, I'm pretty sure people would think it was a dumbass idea...

Edited by Farmer Reil

That wasn't my point. Adam was the Big Bad of series two, really - like Mr. Petrelli to the third. People shouldn't die for the sake of dying. But Heroes is told in such a world where it's almost expected that people die. My point was that some characters have almost no use left, and it seems the creators are afraid to admit that their run as a character is up.

The only characters they could get away with killing (ie not Peter, Claire, Sylar or Hiro and probably Mohinder too if they insist on having him do those narrations) are the ones I like the most so fuck that. Apart from Larter's characters. Kill them all I say. Burn them to the ground.

I think one of the problems in Heroes is that the writers seem to feel like they have a loyalty to the cast, so are very reluctant to kill off any of the characters. I was floored when Nathan's throat was slit, only for them to undo it moments later. It does mean when Sylar figures out who he is, Nathan will be "dead" for good, but it'll have lost all of the impact that Nathan's sudden death had.

Nathan's death added a good, solid emotional impact to the series finale. It just seems a shame to waste it that way. Heroes has an enormous cast of characters, and killing some of them off is almost necessary. I'm sick of seeing the same characters do the same sort of things every episode. How often has Claire decided she's going to do something, and be a real hero?

One of the things I liked about Heroes in the first season was the feeling anyone could die at any moments. The second season introduced quite a few (admittedly shit) new characters, and I liked the idea that the show could have a rotating cast. I'd be happy if Peter survived (because he's the one who should logically become the big hero) and Sylar, because he's the villain, and the rest of the cast just changed around them.

Edited by Hutch2004

If it were up to me, next season would see a cut of characters:

- Noah and Claire aren't needed, they're utterly superfluous, pulling the EXACT same stories every season

- Tracy/Barbara/whoever is fucking tiresome and I thought we were rid of Larter at the end of Season 2 so I'm getting really tired

- Mohinder is just the science mind who's basically useless now we've done the origin, virus and removal of powers, he's not even tied into anyone in the cast, how's he still around?

- Sylar needs a serious break, we all know he's going to come back, but they wasted total opportunity turning him bad so fast during his good guy phase

- Angela Petrelli I'm unsure on, if they can come up with more for her - fair enough, but I feel like she's run her course

They desperately need to try and inject fresh blood, not just guest characters, but charismatic main cast members, leaders and the such. I loved Season 3, but there's no denying a lot of it had a "been there, done that" vibe.