Heroes Season Three

PkmnTrainerJ

The Tokyo bomb thing is the only real thing I can comment on right now, because I'd have to go back and watch again to comment on the rest...

Its very possible that Sylar's explosion in Costa Verde went around the world...it is round and all...and made its way to Tokyo. In a fantasy setting like this, its actually completely plausible that that is, indeed, the case. The explosion Hiro saw in the future happened on the horizon, not right in front of him.

Matt was watcing the TV in New York though, and it showed the blast area just being in Costa Verde...nowhere else was majorly destroyed around it. Besides, Daphne wouldn't have been able to reach New York had it gone that far - and Hiro teleported away just before he was about to get killed by the kind of...imminent destruction in front of him. Def. wasn't on the horizon.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tokyo bomb thing is the only real thing I can comment on right now, because I'd have to go back and watch again to comment on the rest...

Its very possible that Sylar's explosion in Costa Verde went around the world...it is round and all...and made its way to Tokyo. In a fantasy setting like this, its actually completely plausible that that is, indeed, the case. The explosion Hiro saw in the future happened on the horizon, not right in front of him.

Matt was watcing the TV in New York though, and it showed the blast area just being in Costa Verde...nowhere else was majorly destroyed around it. Besides, Daphne wouldn't have been able to reach New York had it gone that far - and Hiro teleported away just before he was about to get killed by the kind of...imminent destruction in front of him. Def. wasn't on the horizon.

If it rolled out WEST of California, it wouldn't get to New York. And Hiro teleported before a car hit him, a car that was flying at him as a result of the blast that was very much NOT right in front of him and was very much at the edge of his line of sight, thus the horizon.

• 1 month later...

I am routing for the Goverment (bad guys?) no matter how hart they try to make me feel for the ideots that never help anyone but almost distroyed the world a cupple of times by now.

Kinda Reminds me of BSG were i am also routing for the badies. Must be because i am german.

I liked it. The end sequence was fairly epic, loved the music that played. I also really like that Sylar is once again a sort of tweener, he's clearly not going to side with the bad guys, but the good guys hate him and he's not going to be interested in them unless it benefits him in some way. I can see there being a lot of tension between the survivors of the plane crash, what with there situation and some of the history between them. Fugitive stories are always good, so I'm looking forward to inevitable "Hey look, we found a safehouse! We'll live here for a while!" *2-3 episodes later* "OH NOES, THEY FOUND US :o EVERYONE RUN AWAY, even though you KNOW that some of us won't make it away!"

They also need to give Claire a gun or something, because honestly she's been built well enough that I could get behind her as a credible hero, but not without some kind of offensive weapon. Though, the way things have been going (what with Parkman's abilities evolving) I could see them turning her into the Heroes answer to Rouge, but with a more controlable power. Have her powers evolve so that she can not only heal, but can suck the life out of others. Also I love the fact that Hiro is powerless and that Peter now has only two powers: Flight & Strength. Make the series a lot more interesting now that the superheroes could pretty much solve any problem thanks to Hiro, or kill any bad guy thanks to Peter's powers.

I'd be interested to see Hiro take the route of Whistler for the rest of the series (or, atleast for a while), supporting them with tech and stuff and if he HAS to get his powers back, just give him the ability to teleport instead of time travel. Teleportation makes him a useful team member, but it doesn't make him pretty much unstoppable. Also for gods sake, let Ando have some, ANY more power other than just SUPER CHARGE~~~.

...though I did mark for the spandex costume. :pervert:

Peter has 3 powers currently: Flight, Strength and Icy Touch.

As for the episode, nothing really spectacular IMO, I don't like when episodes end in that kind of situation - it's 99.9 % sure that those guys will survive anyway [well, duh, we can't lose that many heroes, because the series wouldn't have the "star power" so to speak] and it actually does nothing for the episode - the suspense is not really there, the only question that it brings us is: will they survive? And the answer is pretty obvious to me...

So in my opinion not the best start for the new season [or is it still a continuation of a previous season??] but as a huge Heroes mark I'm still going to watch, and expect great things from the show... The potential is still there.

Wow. If you can't suspend your belief for a television program, you must really not enjoy any kind of game or movie or... well anything. :/

And who's to say that all of them will make it? Many people's problems with the show stem from too many characters, maybe this is the writers way of taking some of them out? I'm not saying it is, so don't come back to the topic all snug because you got lucky and guessed correctly if they all do make it, but it's not that unlikley some of them won't make it through the plane crash.

Edited by Vladimir TKzlov

Surely Peter and Mohinder's super strength should make it easy for Peter to stay inside the plane.

If they had something solid to hang on to, yeah, but as it stands a lot of stuff is getting sucked out of the cockpit, even one of the chairs went flying, so it's possible that they'll go flying at any second. Also super strength does not account for the possiblity of slippery hands. :x

Peter can only absorb one power at a time now. When he touched Tracey, he lost his super strength.

Where's your source on that? Not saying you're wrong, just interested.

He was tossing the guards around like rag dolls before touching Tracey, then after he touched her his punch to the guard was weak. Peter hesitated briefly due to it having little to no effect, giving the guard time to knock him down.

Peter can only absorb one power at a time now. When he touched Tracey, he lost his super strength.

Where's your source on that? Not saying you're wrong, just interested.

He was tossing the guards around like rag dolls before touching Tracey, then after he touched her his punch to the guard was weak. Peter hesitated briefly due to it having little to no effect, giving the guard time to knock him down.

... :huh: I'd hardly call that a source. It hasn't been stated anywhere that he can only use one ability (as far as I know), I don't think what you noticed necessarily means that. Though, I suppose it would explain why Peter can't just let himself go flying and... you know... fly around as opposed to crashing.

They clearly show Peter loosing Mohinder's strength after touching and absorbing Tracey's ice powers. Some people have speculated that the power suites that everyone is wearing is restricting his powers, so it may not be permanent.

Ah, that makes perfect sence. Probally something to do with the drug they were getting pumped full off that was keeping him a vegetable. I've also realised, what the hell, why did Noah do a heel turn all over again?

I want to start catching up on Heroes, the last episode i watched, was early October I think

I remember Sylar and Noah going to the bank to where Peter and the other criminals were.

Can someone PM me the number of the next episode so I can avoid spoilers?

Thanks