Heroes Season Three

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papa Petrelli reads Nietzsche, the man is therefore a legend. I also think I love Sylar a bit too much, along with Papa Petrelli.

I'm liking the short circuit/messed up Elle too.
Edited by fourstarfizzle

This episode was weak in my opinion. Nothing major happened, the ending was very underwhelming - often the ending is the most important part of an episode, it makes us want to see the next episode NOW... and this ending did not work for me. Sylar is a great character... Quinto is a great actor, You never know if he's the bad guy at the moment, or will he be the saviour of the world... Heroes is a great series, but I hope that next episode will bring something interesting, something shocking...

Helpless Peter? I'm liking him again already. This is probally the best version of Peter thus far, I hated the Peter at the start of the series, I enjoyed Peter while he was gaining powers & fighting Sylar, but even then there was something about him I didn't like, Peter with no memory was annoying, though kind of cool.

So atm we've got the team of Peter, Claire, Elle (Though I can see her turning), Claire's Mum & Glasses guy I can never remember the name off. Plus the possiblity of Parkman and the speedster.

GOING UP AGAINST...

Arthur 'Invinsible' Petrelli, Sylar (Maybe?), Super Mohinder, Fire Man, Fear Guy & possibly the Speedster.

I like :) Big Daddy Petrelli is probally my favourite villian right now, not counting Sylar & Adam Monroe.
I just wish the writers would realise that they don't need to feature Hiro and Ando in every episode, because they clearly don't have much for them to do right now...

Heroes News:

Variety is reporting that "Heroes" co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb have been fired by NBC. The writers/producers have been with the show since its first season and were known to have led the day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/executive producer Tim Kring.

"Heroes," produced by Universal Media Studios, has struggled in the ratings its third season. It's understood that Alexander and Loeb were let go because of the frustration by NBC's executives with the creative direction of the show.

It is also said that "Heroes" has been grappling with hefty budget overruns this season, that are going well beyond its already sizable $4 million per-episode pricetag.

How much longer do you think "Heroes" will last?

Source: worstpreviews.com

Not to start an all out assault on the guy; but Jeph Loeb's writing has been practically unreadable for years. I didn't realize until reading the news of his firing that he even wrote Heroes, which in my opinion is nearing the point of being unwatchable this season so far.

Loeb's comic book writing as of late has been atrocious so that would probably help explain the sliding quality of Heroes lately. Hopefully they can get some writers in that can intelligently thin out the character herd and start neutering some powers. A few of the characters (the last time I watched...two or three episodes ago) were getting too powerful. Hiro is especially just one giant deus ex machina to the point that it makes no sense half the time when they DON'T go the cheap route in some situations and just have time tinker with time to fix certain situations.

Edited by Drifter_2000

I watch Heroes, but since the end of season 1 i've just not felt the same about it. Im not really intrigued about anything now, because there's less to think about, because anything can happen. The powers are all way too powerful, and as a result they've had to simply make people use them poorly and act stupidly. Hiro's whole "I wont go back in time because i wreck stuff" shit is annoying. Claire is so negative: Used to be "I want my powers gone! im a freak!", now its like "I have to save people! Let me be a superhero PLEASE!". I know, she changed her mind. I'm just saying it's annoying. It's also so unconvincing that anyone would want their powers removed. Unless its fucking you up like it is Mohinder. I'd want Sylar's power gone too if I was Peter, because it doesnt help him at all. Aside from that though, I just cant take it seriously when people are all "Please, take my powers".

Another thing, has Peter forgotten about Caitlin? Im sure anything goes with their interpretation of time travel, but hasnt she sort of been erased? Petey would have to go back in time to stop her going to the future to save her, and that would seriously fuck up the timeline.

Still, I follow Heroes every week, hoping they'll correct some of the things that are bad about the show.

Edited by betterguy

Another thing, has Peter forgotten about Caitlin?

Everyone's forgotten about Caitlin. She was rubbish. Though in regards to saving her, the timeline she was in (Virus Released etc.) doesn't exist anymore due to Peter destroying the virus, so I assume she doesn't either.

Mr. Petrelli is badass. Soooo badass... ;]

I'm very interested how the whole thing turns out... How did Arthur find Hiro, what will happen to him? Or maybe it is still a dream, or a trance of some kind, and Hiro, Ando and the African guy are safe?

Meredith and her brother are meh characters, nothing interesting IMO, waste of time... This week's episode was nothing spectacular, not counting the ending.

That episode was totally pointless, a throwaway if ever there was one, the only thing that would've made it more throwaway was if... well I was honestly going to come up with something but I can't. It wasn't offensive, but it was pointless, particularly the cliff hanger ending, as if Hiro is going to die and/or permanently lose his power, pretty much anybody else I could easilly see, but Hiro is (or was, until this season when they decided they'd forgotten how to write him) the soul of the show, he isn't going anywhere.

Hopefully Arthur takes Hiro's powers and we'll finally eliminate the two biggest problems with the show - Peter and Hiro being godlike.

And yeah, to the earlier point, unless they manage to dig this season out of a hole, the show is done. They might go to Season 4, but there's no way they'll do a season five if this mess keeps up and they keep going over budget.

I dont understand how everyone says that hiro is "godlike" or all powerful. Peter I understand, his powers are incredibly strong but hiro? really? He can teleport and time travel, and due to his experiences he only time travels when totally necesary so he doesnt break time. How in hell is he "godlike" with his abilities?

I dont understand how everyone says that hiro is "godlike" or all powerful. Peter I understand, his powers are incredibly strong but hiro? really? He can teleport and time travel, and due to his experiences he only time travels when totally necesary so he doesnt break time. How in hell is he "godlike" with his abilities?

The ability to manipulate time and space isn't Godlike? I've always considered Hiro one giant Deus Ex Machina to be honest. If something bad happens he can just go back in time and fix it. Need to stop something from happening now? Just stop time and fix it. Need to escape from being a captive? Teleport out. About to be shot? Stop time and step out of the way.

When he doesn't use his abilities in this situation I'm usually left scratching my head as to why. If someone runs away from him and he loses them, why not just stop time and go find him/her? Someone gets killed...why not go back in time and put a stop to it? Even if he keeps failing he could continue to hit the 'reset button' and continually go back until he gets it right.

Honestly I'd be happy if Hiro, by some turn of events, was just able to teleport. Hell if there was some limit to his abilities beyond his own moral sense of duty it would be great. The fact is he's only human, and humans can wander from their own morale codes just as easily as anyone.

Season one spoiler...

In season 1 Hiro seemed to be losing his powers and felt he needed to get that Samurai sword in order to regain his powers. How nice would it have been to have his powers tied more directly to the sword? When he has it he can do everything he does now with little problem. Without it he loses those abilities...or at least they weaken the longer he's not near the sword.

That would have made things a bit more interesting IMO.

Thoughts on last night's episode? Thought it was another step in the right direction, but the show is still moving s......l.....o......................w. I don't know what the answer is for fixing this show, but one idea would definitely be to pick up the fucking pace - after nine episodes this season I feel like we're starting to kinda/sorta maybe see what's going on.

I liked last night, they're finally showing some great thought as to how to use the powers and I love that. Storywise, I could still do without Ali Larter, she's got worse and worse as the show's gone on, Nathan would be way better off without her character dragging her heels and being the generic bitch, plus he and Arthur would get more one-on-one interaction, which I'd love (incidentally it is scary how similar the two look, I mean there's good genetic casting and then there's just uncanny). Loved Peter and Claire, Peter's been a highlight this season, he's way better than the second season and is far more reliable as a character from episode to episode than season one.

I didn't like the newest episode. It was pretty boring, the show needs to pick up the pace, or else this will indeed be the last season of Heroes, which would be a damn shame...

Also, Hiro as a 10 year old? Not buying it at all, just as heroic Ando trying a superman jump attack on Arthur at the beginning...

Still, can't wait for the next episode, Heroes are disappointing lately, but it's still one of my favourite shows.