Heroes Season Three

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the pilot there was much more of the "Indian man" in the character, but by pretty much the third episode they decided to lose the accent and a few other bits. But yeah, the acting style has changed a lot.

Precisely.

So basically, most people only started to actually know/notice they had powers after the first eclipse...most people.

That's most likely it.

The powers obviously are in people from the moment of birth or infection, just like all of our natral abilities as humans (thought, singing, football etc.) but without having them pointed out to us we have no reason to try. I mean has anyone here ever actually tried to open a tin of beans with their mind when they are sober? If not then how do you know whethr you can or not?

My theory is that the eclipse does take away the powers as we saw, however it is more like storing the power, similar to how potetnial kinetic energy works, after the eclipse this is released. In some cases this leads to the discovary of powers, especially those that are ever present (regeneration, fast movement etc.), in others it leads to increased potential when that power is unleashed, it could also explain Sylar's hunger returning (it got weaker over time but is not reinvigorated after a period of rest).

it could also explain Sylar's hunger returning (it got weaker over time but is not reinvigorated after a period of rest).

That doesn't really apply I'd say, it's like any addict, once you've gone through a rough time, that addiction looks a lot more appealing, Sylar had been through a horrid patch and basically had his personal crutch taken away by the revelation his parents (or father, at least) weren't who they said they were, he fell back on his addiction as a result.

He stole Peter's powers, all of them. Remember?

That's why Peter is powerless.

Thats sometings thats been bugging me, he stole all of peters powers so shouldn't he regenerate like clair and syler do and peter did?

Bullet/sword/anything directly to the brain is a killer, IIRC.

Although, early in the show Claire got a branch to the head, but that method of death was later stated as an option for killing Adam Monroe, so unless it just didn't get Claire in the right place I don't know.

Edited by Benjamin Linus

He stole Peter's powers, all of them. Remember?

That's why Peter is powerless.

Thats sometings thats been bugging me, he stole all of peters powers so shouldn't he regenerate like clair and syler do and peter did?

Bullet/sword/anything directly to the brain is a killer, IIRC.

Although, early in the show Claire got a branch to the head, but that method of death was later stated as an option for killing Adam Monroe, so unless it just didn't get Claire in the right place I don't know.

Plus we might speculate that at the moment of the shot Haitian was still blocking Arthur's powers, so when he got shot he hadn't had his regenerating powers... Just a guess, but could work.

Ruki's right on this one. She was dead until the branch was pulled from her head by the coroner. Peter had the glass (it was glass, right?) in the base of his skull and he died...until it was also removed.

If the bullet somehow is removed, then Arthur will be alive again. They should really look into chopping him into several pieces and scattering them throughout the world.

But then that probably wouldn't work either, as I recall Claire regenerating an entire toe, they'd get around it by having Arther's head regenerate an entire body if the bullet were removed, so who knows.

In unrelated Heroes discussion, this morning I saw news about a new cast member for the next chapter.

According to Entertainment Weekly, John Glover will be joining the Heroes. Glover is a Tony Award Winner, and recently has played Lex Luthor's father on Smallville.

I editted out what his actual role will be since that might be too spoilery for some people, but just having Glover on the cast is awesome news to me since he was amazing on Smallville.

Hmm.. in regards to the newest episode: seemed a bit of a lackluster end for the volume, but volume 4 looks pretty neat.

I almost questioned whether that Nathan was Sylar in disguise until I remembered Sylar never got to gain the illusion powers. Sylar by far and away the shows best character, every scene Quinto is in you feel fear and excitement whether he's being the hero, villain or something inbetween, I'm waiting on another proper showdown between him and Peter because whenever those two are together I just sit on the edge of my seat.

When is the Super Bowl? I don't wanna wait :(

I loved last nights episode, it was a great end to the chapter. Sylar seemed to have watched the Saw movies :shifty:

I like that Peter has his original power back, that Mohinder is no longer a monster, and that the new chapter set up is just amazing. Kinda seems like X-Men to me, not a completely bad thing.

Honestly? I was a little disappointed last night. I've given them the benefit of the doubt this season because they were doing something right that did get me excited. They were building a great supporting cast of interesting characters.

I wont go into details since sadly I'm not aware of how to spoiler tag stuff, but watching last night I had to ask myself several times "Are they serious?"

For me it was like reading OMAC. Jonsed to see DC finally using someone that doesn't get enough page time, actually develop the character and then.. HOLY FUCK HIS BRAIN! HIS BRAIN!

*sadness*

Not the happiest of seasons for me, but still decent enough. Volume 4 looks good atleast.

Great final episode I thought. I like Sylar's house of fun, and despite the brain shit, should be interesting to see him in Volume 4 against the government or something. As if Adam Munroe can survive a fire, so can he :P

I don't think the Mohinder thing is right though, nor finished. Essentailly all he had to do was pour the formula over his skin to be cured? Yeah right.