Music DVD's

Liam

I was just wondering what music DVD's people have, and whether, when packaged with a CD, do you actually get much use of the DVD, since I don't.

I've only got DVD's that have come with CD's, which includes:

Muse 'H.A.A.R.P'

My Dying Bride 'Ode To Woe'

A DVD of 4 songs from Grasspop from Live 'Birds Of Pray'

The music video DVD from Deftones 'B-Sides And Rareities'

None of them have really got much playing time....I listen to music, not so much watch it.

HAARP is an ace DVD, more songs than the CD version and Muse are as much a visual band as an aural one.

The Cramps Live at the Napa Valley Mental Institution.

The Screamers Live at the Mabuhay Gardens.

Dead Kennedys, I forgot the name, but it's got assorted performances.

A Flipside DVD with The Circle Jerks, Dickies, Weirdos, and Bad Religion.

The Essential Clash

And on VHS, The Decline of Western Civilization. I wish they'd release this on fucking DVD.

I was on a kick for these sort of DVD's, but don't watch them much these days. I toss them on here and there though, but it's not always on my mind to sit back and watch a concert on my t.v.

The Cramps Live at the Napa Valley Mental Institution.

That's a brilliant show, big fan of that DVD...haven't watched it in years, though, might have to get that one out of mothballs once I'm settled in my new place next week.

Also, I've got live DVDs by Dresden Dolls, Pink Floyd (the '66/'67 one), Art Brut, Jeff Buckley, and probably plenty of others I'm forgetting, a DVD of Nick Cave videos, the Fozzy mockumentary, Scott Walker: 30 Century Man, The Devil & Daniel Johnston, Dig!...and I'm sure plenty of others that are slipping my mind. I've got a Lemonheads VHS, and the "1991: Year Punk Broke" video.

I have DVDs for Reuben, Death Cab For Cutie (Drive Well, Sleep Carefully, I don't have the one that was done for the Plans album), Iron Maiden Rock in Rio, RATM in Mexico (I think it's Mexico at least), Green Day's Bullet in a Bible, Linkin Park Live in Texas, and I'm sure I've forgotten a couple. They're pretty good, but I tend to watch the DVD once and listen to the CD more often. The Reuben DVD is funny, and documetns the recording of the third album, so that gets a whirl more often, and Rage is a good one to have because chances are I'm not going to get to see them live in person.

I've got a couple of the VicTorV DVD's that came with Hawthorne Heights CD as well as a Discovering Silverstein and a Hawthorne Heights Live DVD, I've watch the VicTorV DVD's once since they are music videos from bands off Victory Records, haven't watched the Silverstein nor then HH live DVD. I do however love the DVD you get with the Cure's greatest hits of them performing the majority of the hits in acoustic form and its really good. I'm not a huge fan out watching music, like rvdwannabe I prefer to just listen to the music rather than watch.

I've got Dream Theater, RHCP, Primus DVD's...possibly a few others, but they live tossed at the back of a cupboard somewhere, I don't particuarly dig Live DVD's that much these days.

Finger Eleven's "Self-Titled Bonus DVD"

Metallica's "St. Anger Rehearsals"

Nine Inch Nails' "And All That Could Have Been"

Johnny Cash's "Hurt: A Film by Mark Romanek"

Linkin Park's "Reanimation DVD-A"

Linkin Park's "Frat Party at the Pankake Festival"

Linkin Park's "Live In Texas"

Type O Negative's "Symphony for the Devil"

Opeth's "Lamentations: Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire 2003"

Incubus' "Morning View Sessions"

Primus' "Hallucino-Genetics: Live 2004"

Primus' "Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People"

Sarah McLachlan's "Afterglow Live"

And some DVD of Shadows Fall with like, two videos and some multimedia computer content. I don't know.

Iron Maiden - Visions of the Beast

Nightwish - End of an Era

Judas Priest - Live in London

Bruce Dickinson Anthology

All really nice for fans.

Bonus discs with CDs:

Nevermore - Enemies of Reality

Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

Testament - Formation of Damnation

Saxon - The Inner Sanctum

Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution

Spinefarm Hardcovers

Don't really watch them that often. But still like having bonus discs when available.

Proof that I have too many DVDs, here's all my music DVDs straight from my list:

Bleeding Through - This Is Live, This Is Murderous

Bleeding Through - Wolves Among Sheep

Bloodhound Gang - One Fierce Beer Run

CKY - Infiltrate Destroy Rebuild: The Video Album

Cradle of Filth - Heavy, Left-Handed and Candid

Cradle of Filth - PanDaemonAeon

Cradle of Filth - Peace Through Superior Firepower

Darkest Hour - Party Scars and Prison Bars: A Thrashography

Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine The DVD

GG Allin and the Murder Junkies - Hated

GG Allin and the Murder Junkies - Raw, Brutal, Rough and Bloody: The Best of 1991 Live

GWAR - The Ultimate Video GWARchive

Hellfest Vol. 3

HIM - The Video Collection: 1997-2003

HIM - Love Metal Archives Vol. 1

Himsa - You've Seen Too Much: Live in Seattle 2004

Lamb of God - Killadelphia

Mastodon - The Workhorse Chronicles: The Early Years 2000-2005

Metal Hammer Golden Gods 2006

Mindless Self Indulgence - Our Pain Your Gain

New England Metal and Hardcore Festival 2003

Opeth - Lamentations: Live at Shepherd's Bush Empire 2003

Orgy - Trans Global Spectacle: 1997-2004

Recollection 3: Relapse Video Collection

Relapse Contamination Festival 2003

Skinless - Skinflick

Slipknot - Disasterpieces

Tenacious D - The Complete Masterworks

I'm not even going into my CDs that came with bonus DVDs. All things considered, besided the MSI DVD, I haven't bought a music DVD in years and I think I sold a couple more. I've gotten out of the loop but I'm really tempted to pick up Muse's live CD/DVD.

GG Allin and the Murder Junkies - Hated

This is good stuff, it gives folks insight into the mind behind the mayhem. Plus it's probably some of the best footage of G.G. that you'll ever be able to find.

Oh yeah, and referring back to that Cramps DVD Skummy, it is great. I especially love the Target Bonus footage, which is also featured (but with even more footage) on the Screamers DVD.

Garbage - Absolute Garbage (mostly a video compilation)

NIN - Live: Beside You In Time

KISS - KISSology Volume 1

Disturbed - MOL

Evanescence - Anywhere But Home

Ani DiFranco - Live at Babeville

Social Distortion - Live in Orange County

Metallica - Some Kind of Monster (if that counts)

I own all of the Oasis ones which to be honest very rarely ever get a play anymore. Then are ill-judged Christmas presents such as RHCP and Coldplay which have been played once.

I have the full collection of Later... with Jools Holland, I find they're good for a background play on the TV when I'm on my laptop. Hullabaloo and HAARP by Muse will get semi-frequent views as the girlfriend's a bit of a Muse nut. I frequently watch Puffing On A Coffin Nail by Dirty Pretty Things too as I was at the gip. I also ripped the audio from that and hear it a lot on my mp3 player.

I only have two right now:

Killswitch Engage-Set This World Ablaze

Slipknot-Disasterpieces

I'm looking forward to two more releases this year, God Forbid's DVD, and also Lamb of God's "Walk with me in Hell". The Killswitch DVD is one of my favorites, mainly for the documentary that's on it.