WWE: The New Beginning

DYSI

Velocity

May 1st 2004

Commentators: Josh Matthews & Bill DeMott

Orlando Jordan vs. Doug Basham

To start the show, Orlando Jordan was in the ring, punching the air to get warmed up for his match-up against Doug Basham. The Basham's music then begins to play as the crowd starts to boo the brothers a bit. As The Bashams make their way down the ramp, Doug points at Jordan before signaling he is going to 'break him in two'. As The Bashams enter the ring, the referee sends Danny to the ringside area as the match begins.

At the end of the match, Doug was in control of Jordan as he had him reeling against the corner while he nailed ten punches in a row. After the last punch, Doug plays the crowd-- but Jordan quickly scoops Doug up-- nailing him with a huge middle rope Spinebuster! Jordan goes for the cover, but Doug kicks out at two and a half. Jordan then gets back to his feet as Doug is slowly getting up to one knee... Jordan then bounces against the ropes-- but Danny grabs a hold of his foot! Orlando then turns around, but then Doug comes from behind-- rolling Jordan up and grabbing a handful of tights to win!

Afterwards, Doug and Danny quickly meet up at the rampway as they embrace and celebrate their win to jeers from the disappointed crowd.

Winner: Doug Basham

(67, 54, 80)

SmackDown! Recap: Jeff Hardy's Return; Shannon Moore & Jeff Hardy vs. Jindrak & Cade

Shannon Moore: "You may think it's funny now, but when my partner comes out-- you won't be laughing. Ya'see, my partner has experience in this type of match... heck, you can even say he's a bit 'off the wall' or crazy. But, this is no joke."

Right as Shannon finishes his sentence, some old unfamiliar music starts up... and Jeff Hardy runs out and poses at every side of the stage, getting a huge reaction-- mainly from the teenage girl section. With the Tag Team Champions confused, Hardy pats Moore's back as the two begin to run down the ramp for their match.

[Fast Forward]

Near the end of the match, with Moore and Jindrak in the ring as the legal men. Shannon was being manhandled by the taller, bigger Mark Jindrak as Jindrak has Moore against the ropes. Jindrak grabs Shannon and sends him across the ring. As Moore ducks a clothesline-- both men turn around as Shannon connects with a dropkick to the head of Jindrak as both men are down. After a minute or two of crawling to their partners, both Hardy and Cade were tagged in as Hardy gained the momentum from the fans. Hardy takes Garrison down with a clothesline as Cade gets back up-- before being dropkicked back down to the mat. Hardy then takes his shirt off before climbing up to the top rope and doing his usual routine before jumping off-- nailing the Swanton Bomb! Hardy leans back on Cade before grabbing a leg, getting the three count victory.

After the match, Jindrak pulls Cade out of the ring as the two retreat slowly up the ramp. Meanwhile in the ring, Hardy and Moore climb the turnbuckles, celebrating their win with the fans.

(52)

(Commercial Break)

Bradshaw vs. Billy Kidman

Coming back from the commercial break, Bradshaw can be seen already halfway down the ramp with his music filling the arena. As Bradshaw enters the ring, he puts a smile on his face as he knows who his opponent is tonight. Kidman's music then plays as the crowd starts to cheer mildly. Kidman then comes out, trying to get the crowd behind him, but it fails to no avail. With Kidman slapping fans hands the whole way down the ramp, he slides into the ring as Bradshaw quickly lands his elbow on the back of the cruiserweight-- to start the match.

Near the end of the match, Bradshaw continues to be in control-- ever since the sound of the bell. Bradshaw lifts Kidman up from the mat after already giving him the Fallaway Slam to a two count. Bradshaw then leans Kidman against the ropes before sending him across the ring... Kidman then bounces off the ropes as Bradshaw runs at him with a full head of steam-- Clothesline From Hell. No! Kidman ducks it! Bradshaw then turns around as Kidman runs towards him-- but only to be kicked in the midsection... Powerbomb-- No! Kidman reverses it into a hurricarana pin attempt, 1, 2, 3!

After getting an amazing come from behind win, Kidman quickly rolls out of the ring as Bradshaw is up to his feet; stunned. With the crowd behind Kidman, Bradshaw kicks the bottom rope before yelling and pointing towards Kidman.

Winner: Billy Kidman

(64, 66, 60)

Bradshaw lost & Billy Kidman gained in overness. Bradshaw also didn't sell during the match, which hurt the quality.

(Commercial Break)

Earlier Tonight - Moving On?

After the break, an "earlier tonight" tag appears on the bottom of the screen as Josh Matthews is seen backstage with The Morgan Brothers.

Josh Matthews: "I'm standing here backstage with Travis and Matt Morgan. First off, Travis, what made you come here to the WWE-- did your brother influence you in anyway?"

Travis then stares into the eyes of Josh, intimidating him with his size and look. Before Josh can say another word, or even blink-- Dawn Marie appears onto the scene as she rubs both Travis and Matt's shoulders before addressing Josh.

Dawn Marie: "Josh, this interview is over. My men and I have a match to get ready for. Excuse me."

The trio then walks past Josh as Josh looks at the camera, confused as usual.

(71)

The Morgan Brothers gained in overness

Ultimo Dragon & Funakivs. The Morgan Brothers

With the crowd a bit confused as to what they saw, dragons can be heard roaring in the background of Ultimo Dragon's music. The crowd cheers a bit as the two foreign cruiserweights make their way onto the ramp. Ultimo stops halfway down as Funaki stands behind him, copying his every move as he then raises his hands in the air before slamming them down, causing fire to shoot up from behind him-- and in front of Funaki, as Funaki jumps up after being frightened by the fire. The duo then make their way down the ramp, slapping some fans hands before rolling into the ring. The Morgan Brothers' music starts up as Dawn Marie makes her way out onto the stage to a hefty amount of cheers and 'puppies' chants. Marie turns around, signaling to the back for The Morgans, as Travis and Matt make their way out onto the stage. Dawn then leads the two brothers down the ramp as the crowd boos the two big men while they climb up onto the ring apron, before entering the ring.

Near the end of this demolition match, Ultimo Dragon was in the ring with Travis Morgan as Travis has Ultimo bouncing off the ropes and across the ring. As Ultimo bounces back, Travis goes for a clothesline-- but Ultimo ducks out and Funaki tags himself in as Ultimo bounces off the ropes. Ultimo then comes off the ropes as he and Funaki quickly nail a double dropkick-- taking the big man off of his feet! Funaki then makes his way up the top rope as Travis slowly gets up to his feet... Travis then quickly rushes Funaki, shaking the ropes-- causing him to land on the top turnbuckle pad hard! Travis then turns his back to Funaki before getting him on his shoulder and running to the center of the ring-- Powerslam! Morgan doesn't bother to hook the leg as he picks up the easy win.

After the match, Ultimo climbs up to the top rope while Matt Morgan and Travis celebrate in the center. Ultimo then leaps off the top rope as both Morgans turn around-- and catch Ultimo Dragon in mid air! Matt and Travis then run towards the ropes as they toss him over and out of the ring! Dawn Marie then enters the ring once the damage is as she stands in-between the two tower-like brothers, as all three raise their hands in the air in unison to a heavy amount of boos.

Winners: The Morgan Brothers

(70, 53, 87)

(Commercial Break)

SmackDown! Recap: Eddie Guerrero Attacked, The Big Show & Kurt Angle vs. Booker T & Eddie Guerrero

With Michael Cole sounding frantic after getting some information from the back. The camera's quickly cut backstage where Eddie Guerrero can be seen unconscious; surrounded by EMT's checking on him, as they ask Guerrero who attacked him. But Guerrero doesn't respond.

[Fast Forward]

With the match nearing the end, Booker T can barely hold his own against Kurt Angle and The Big Show, but he has stayed alive so far. Kurt Angle was in the ring with Booker as Angle was playing the crowd while Booker T struggles up to his feet after being german suplexed three times in a row. Angle then walks towards Booker, landing hard rights to the midsection before taking Booker out of the corner. Angle then gets Booker in a headlock as he walks over to his partner, The Big Show-- tagging the seven footer in. Show then rears back and lands a vicious elbow to the midsection of Booker, while Angle was holding him back. The Big Show then picks Booker up, as he was down on one knee-- slapping his hand onto his throat! The Big Show then lifts Booker T up in the air, but Eddie Guerrero slides into the ring! Show quickly drops Booker from the Chokeslam as he turns his attention towards Eddie-- to be greeted by a dropkick to send Show out of the ring! Eddie then exits the ring to go after Show. But meanwhile in the ring, Kurt Angle enters the ring to pick up Booker-- but Booker T gets a second wind and begins to land right hands to the face of Kurt Angle! Booker T then sends Angle across the ring. As Angle bounces back off the ropes-- Booker kicks Angle in the gut. Booker T then backs against the ropes before nailing a Scissors Kick to the back of Kurt's head! Booker T then covers Angle, as the referee quickly forgets he is the illegal man. 1, 2, 3!

After the match, Booker T gets his hand raised but Eddie Guerrero is picking The Big Show up to his feet at ringside...

(98)

Booker T gained in overness

Overall: 64

Television Rating: 3.88

Nothing like Velocity being your 100th post... *shifty*

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velocity was nice, well all except JBL getting jobbed to an actual wrestler who IS not in his league. Chavo Classic could have been a better choice but hey I can see this thing as that Razor/Kid match in the RAW of 1993...maybe they start a feud :D

but I prefer asstastic.  :P

So you're saying you prefer the ass then? .. Bwahahahaha .. get it? He prefers the ass .. bwaha ... heh .. *shifty*

Excpect HeAT up tomorrow. And expect it to be nowhere near as detailed as DYSI's Velocity.

So you're saying you prefer the ass then? .. Bwahahahaha .. get it? He prefers the ass .. bwaha ... heh .. *shifty*

... *mutters*

Excpect HeAT up tomorrow. And expect it to be nowhere near as detailed as DYSI's Velocity.

Velocity wasn't detailed... :huh:

Glad bashem won it otherwise i woulda boycoutted you if jordan picked up the win <_< .....

Bradshaw and kidman was decent, bradshaw jobbing to a cruiserweight was nice. Even if it was one of the less talented ones WWF/E has in the form of kidman.

I'm tempted to bop you for jobbing ultimo and funaki to...the morgans. But i guess you are going for a real feel to the diary. And WWF/E constantly jobs there japanese talent. And on the plus side morgans have dawn marie as there manager so at least she's being used ( though i would have preferred lance being sent over to SD! and her being his manager ).

All in all it was a decent velocity. Let's see if Heat can match it or do one better.

I'm tempted to bop you for jobbing ultimo and funaki to...the morgans. But i guess you are going for a real feel to the diary. And WWF/E constantly jobs there japanese talent. And on the plus side morgans have dawn marie as there manager so at least she's being used ( though i would have preferred lance being sent over to SD! and her being his manager ).

All in all it was a decent velocity. Let's see if Heat can match it or do one better.

Dawn Marie > Lance Storm > The Morgans > *

...yeah, that made no sense. *shrug*

Anywho, it was either Dawn or Torrie. Now all I need is a bikini contest for no reason like IRL. (Y)

Kidman winning is fucking awesome especially beating Bradshaw, PUSH Kidman! :D Seriously good velocity, Kidman = next WWE champion :D

Well one can hope..... :D

No... you cannot hope. Stop hoping. It's just silly. So stop.

;)

Anywho, where's Heat you slow Hotel, you! :P

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>World Wrestling Entertainment: After WrestleMania XX, Bringing The Brands Together. Finally. </TITLE><STYLE type=text/css>BODY { }BODY { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}P { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}TD { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}</STYLE><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><title>New Page 1</title></HEAD><body bgcolor="#FFCC99"><div class="postcolor"> <span style="COLOR: orange"><b>SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT PREVIEW</b></span> - 05/03/04<br> <br> Make sure you tune into <b><span style="COLOR: orange">HeAT</span></b> this Sunday night to see all of your favourite WWE <b><span style="COLOR: red">RAW</span></b> superstars. This week's lineup includes four big matches.<br> <br> - Val Venis &amp; Lance Storm vs The Dudley Boyz<br> - The Hurricane vs A-Train<br> - Steven Richards vs Rico<br> - Tommy Dreamer vs Spike Dudley<br> <br> Be sure to tune into <b><span style="COLOR: orange">HeAT</span></b> this Sunday night, only on <i>Spike TV</i>!</div></body></html>

Just to let everyone know. Obviously HY didn't mention it. But he's gonna be moving-- so after Heat, it should be a few days till RAW comes along. Just another bump in the road till the great J-Day. :D

Sorry Biggz, had to let people know about that. Atleast you do read this diary though. :)

Guest y2gudge

Backlash had a strong write up and although I wasn't a fan of a few of the matches, the high class of writing and added photos made me get into the PPV a lot more!

The storylines coming out of Backlash seem very different to what I expected with possibly Benoit/Christian/Jericho & HHH/Orton dominating Raw but with those seemingly taking the Main Event scene then hopefully Rhyno can get an Intercontinental Title run and a Matt Hardy V1.0 push.

On the SD! side of things I really am enjoying Rock/'Taker much more than anything you are putting out DYSI, not that the rest is poor, the addition of HIAC is a welcome one but I am dreading the Show/Guerrero match I'm sure it'll turn out to be lacklustre as a Main Event.

*y2gudge*

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>World Wrestling Entertainment: After WrestleMania XX, Bringing The Brands Together. Finally. </TITLE><STYLE type=text/css>BODY { }BODY { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}P { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}TD { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}</STYLE><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><title>New Page 1</title></HEAD><body bgcolor="#FFCC99"><p>- The <font color="#FF9900"><b>HeAT</b> </font>Report- May. 03/04</p><p>- Your hosts are <b>The Coach</b><font color="#FF9900"> </font>and <b>AlSnow</b>.</p><p>- Pre-taped from <b>Topeka, KS</b>.</p><p>- The show begins with <b>Rico</b> and <b>Miss Jackie</b> discussing Rico'smatch later on in the night, when they're confronted by <b>Stevie Richards</b>.Stevie's immitating former WWE King of the Ring, <b>Ken Shamrock</b> this week.Quite a humerous segment, with Rico's antics, and Richards consistntly screaming&quot;Stay Outta My Zone!&quot;</p><p>- <b>Tommy Dreamer</b> vs<b> Spike Dudley</b> - An average brawl to start offthe show between two former ECW'ers. Finish comes when Dreamer nails the DDT.The two shake hands after the match. *1/4</p><p>- <b>Stevie &quot;Ken Shamrock&quot; Richards</b> vs <b>Rico</b> - Good matchhere, great comedic value. The finish comes when &quot;Shamrock&quot; makes Ricotap out in the Ankle Lock. After the match Stevie celebrates by screaming andpounding his chest .. heh, I <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=love&v=56">love</a> this gimmick. **1/2</p><p>- Some <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=video&v=56">video</a> footage is shown from the red-hot main event from last Mondaynight's <b><font color="#FF0000">RAW</font></b> between World champion <b>ChrisBenoit</b> and <b>Christian</b>.</p><p>- <b>A-Train </b>vs <b>The Hurricane</b> - This one was actually pretty good,apart from the fact that it was a complete and utter squash. The Trainster getsthe win in under three minutes after hitting the Train Wreck. **1/2</p><p>- We see a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=video&v=56">video</a> package from <b><font color="#FF0000">RAW,</font></b>showing <b>Triple H </b>accidentally costing his <b>Evolution</b> team-matestheir six man tag match.</p><p>- <b>The Dudley Boyz</b> vs<b> Lance Storm </b>&amp;<b> Val Venis</b> - Thesecond face vs face matchup of the night, this one as the main event. Much tothe surprise of everyone, The Dudleyz proved that they can still put on anawesome brawl from <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a> to <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a>. They put on a great match with Storm and Venishere, one of the better matches seen on HeAT in quite some <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=56">time</a>. Duds get the&quot;W&quot; after hitting the 3D. ***3/4</p><p>- I'd give the show an overall rating of <b>74</b>,which is up from last week. It drew a <b>5.23</b> TV rating, with <b>7505</b> in attendance.</p></body></html>

Nice show their, HY.

Gotta love Steven Richards still jobbing-- even with numerous gimmicks. ;) Hurricane jobbing to A-Train? *tisk, tisk, tisk*

And gotta question-- who ever calls A-Train, "The Trainster"?

Well obviously I didn't expect HY to be this long-- but just to let everyone know. The greatest split on the board isn't dead. *shifty*

Judgment Day is only days away! The only place to find The Big Show getting another shot at the gold!... *sigh*

Big show getting a title shot eh? Why you say it is such a bad thing, I choose it over a JBL vs Eddie for the title any day.

Believe it or not, the way SD! (IRL) work JBL. It's better than I how make The Big Show out to be. But I guess it's not as bad as Hardcore Holly. *shifty*

--Where did yo move to HY!!??!

Sorry about the delay everyone .. our internet was only connected last night. Unfortunately, I have some bad news. My computer's fucked. Everytime I open a page, an error comes up saying I can't open the page. I then have to refresh, and it's 50/50 on whether it works or not. I think I might have a virus. I can't read my Hotmail, which is really annoying me!

Anyway, I guess I'll have to put this on hold DYSI? .. I can't do anything on my computer with out all these errors and links, and all sorts of shit coming up.

Sooo .. yeah. If you want to start fresh with a new diary, that's cool. If you want to wait and see what happens with me, that's also cool. Up to you man, sorry once again.

yeah HYA I think its the...agobo virus. Best thing you do is go Trend Micro and use the online scan. Cause if you cant open your anti virus on line or off line...the online website scan is the last resort you can do. Hope you get your CPU woes done soon. And I hope I can help you some more but all I can do is just give you the link of the anti virus online scanner URL.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

there hope that helps ya HYA.

and DYSI? yeah I have to agree with ya man. Big show over JBl and BOb Holly any day.

Just to stick my nose in for DYSI, I say wait for HYA to come back, as this diary really is going well.

I've read the whole thing so I'm up-to-date with everything, and when some new shows go up, expect some feedback from me :).