WWE: The New Beginning

DYSI

Velocity

May 8th 2004

Commentators: Josh Matthews & Bill DeMott

Harry Smith vs. Jamie Noble

After the usual entrance to the show, the cameras noticed Harry Smith standing in the ring, awaiting Jamie Noble. Noble's music then starts up as the crowd starts to boo him as he enters onto the stage. Noble then makes his way down the ramp; trying to ignore the fans, but you can see the anger on his face. Noble then enters the ring as the bell sounds to start the match.

Near the end, young Harry Smith was putting up a fight to Jamie Noble, as he has him backed up against the ropes. Smith then sends Noble across the ring-- landing a huge dropkick to the chin of Noble! Smith then covers, but only gets a two as Noble kicks out. Smith then goes to pick Noble up-- but Noble trips him up, and quickly locks in the Trailer Hitch out of nowhere! Smith then quickly taps out as the referee calls for the bell.

Winner: Jamie Noble

(64, 63, 81)

SmackDown! Recap: Five Team Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

Elimination #3: With Kidman struggling to eliminate Matt Morgan, Paul London was fighting off both Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore-- but as London ran at Hardy, Hardy nailed a kick to his gut, before he and Shannon sent him flying over the top rope, eliminating him and Kidman. After the elimination, Kidman couldn't believe it as he stormed up the ramp-- past his partner.

Moments after London was eliminated, Travis Morgan was struggling to eliminate Shannon Moore while Matt was dazed after a Twist Of Fate. Hardy then climbed up to the top rope-- before jumping off and dropkicking Travis Morgan, causing him AND Shannon Moore to go flying over the top rope! With the referee's discussing who went over first, Jindrak and Cade came running down the ramp and into the ring as they quickly pounced on Jeff Hardy! After delivering The End to Jeff Hardy, Jindrak and Cade focussed their attention towards Matt Morgan-- giving the massive Morgan The End as well!

With Jindrak and Cade celebrating in the ring, and the fans confused as in who won the battle royal, General Manager Paul Heyman's music plays as he makes his way onto the stage with a microphone in hand.

Paul Heyman: "Excuse me if you will. But from what I saw in the backstage, BOTH Shannon Moore and Travis Morgan's feet hit the ground at the same time, so there will be NO controversy on who landed first. At Judgment Day, Jindrak and Cade WILL defend their titles... against Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore!"

With the crowd cheering, Paul Heyman quickly smirks as he shakes his head no.

Paul Heyman: "Oh no, that's not it. It will be a triple threat tag team title match, featuring Travis and Matt Morgan!"

The crowd still cheers as Jindrak & Cade stand in the ring in shock, as they can't believe what they are in for.

(60)

(Commercial Break)

Orlando Jordan vs. Johnny Stamboli

After the break, Orlando Jordan's music starts to play as the crowd cheers for the blue collar Jordan. Jordan makes his way out, punching and jumping around before making his way down the ramp and into the ring. The FBI's music then cuts Jordan's off as the crowd immediately turns their attention to The FBI, and booing them. Lead by Nunzio, all three members of The FBI make their way down the ramp as they play off the heat from the crowd, before entering the ring. The referee then clears Palumbo and Nunzio out of the ring as Stamboli stays in to begin his match.

Coming to the end of the match, Stamboli was in control of Jordan as he was pounding on his back with both forearms, as Orlando falls down to one knee. Stamboli raises his hands in the air, trying to get some heat from the crowd, as it works. Taking advantage of the cocky Stamboli-- Jordan lands a few body shots before getting back up to his feet, and continuing his moment to Stamboli's face. Jordan then grabs Stamboli and sends him to the ropes-- connecting with a big uppercut to the jaw of "The Bull"! Nunzio then quickly jumps onto the ring apron as the referee quickly begins to yell at Nunzio. With Orlando Jordan and the referee both distracted by Nunzio, Chuck Palumbo enters the ring behind Jordan, as Orlando turns around... Jungle Kick! Palumbo quickly exits the ring as Nunzio jumps off the ring apron-- Stamboli then turns over onto Jordan, getting the three count win.

After the match, Nunzio and Palumbo roll Stamboli out of the ring as they regroup to celebrate Johnny's cheap win.

Winner: Johnny Stamboli

(56, 55, 71)

SmackDown! Recap: Billy Kidman takes a turn for the worst

Chavo Guerrero Sr. vs. Rey Mysterio

Near the end of the match, Mysterio was locked in a sleeper hold as Sr. was tightening it up, bringing Mysterio down to one knee. As Mysterio begins to shake his fist, the crowd begins to cheer as Mysterio slowly gets back up to his feet, elbowing Chavo Sr.-- breaking out of the sleeper! Rey then runs to the ropes, dropkicking Chavo Sr. to the floor! Mysterio then exits out onto the ring apron as he stands, awaiting Chavo Sr. to get up to his feet. Chavo Guerrero then quickly distracts Rey, grabbing him by the leg! Just then, Billy Kidman can be seen running down the ramp! Mysterio's long time friend then nails a forearm to the back of Chavo Jr. as he falls down to the mats! Chavo Sr. then gets up to his feet... West Coast Pop! Mysterio then sits on Sr. while hooking the legs, to get the three count win!

After the match, Billy Kidman reentered the ring with the WWE Cruiserweight Title as he handed it to Mysterio, while helping him up to his feet. The crowd then cheers as Mysterio raises the title over his head. Kidman then grabs the belt away from Rey, as Mysterio looks confused, but thinks nothing of it. Kidman then raises the title over his head, and points to Mysterio-- but then smashes the Cruiserweight Title over the head of Mysterio! The crowd quickly turns to boos as Kidman looks at the Cruiserweight Title, before dropping it over the chest of Rey Mysterio, leaving his long time friend downed.

(59)

(Commercial Break)

Charlie Haas vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

With the final commercial break over, Charlie Haas' music begins to play as Haas and Stacy Keibler make their way out to a mix reaction; as most men are cheering for Stacy's outfit. The couple make their way down the ramp as Haas sits on the middle rope, allowing Stacy to bend all the way down before entering the ring-- getting a rise from the crowd. Scotty 2 Hotty's music starts up as the crowd cheers for Scotty, who is making his return since being demolished by Jindrak & Cade a few weeks ago. Scotty makes his way down the ramp, trying to touch every fan the whole way down before rolling into the ring.

Towards the end of the match, with Scotty 2 Hotty locked in a tight sleeper hold. The crowd is behind Scotty, as he shakes his fist in the air, trying to gain some moment to get out of the hold. A few seconds later, Scotty is up on both feet and turning-- elbowing Haas in his gut, breaking the sleeper hold! Scotty then runs and bounces against the ropes as he takes Haas down with a clothesline! Charlie then slowly gets back to his feet as Scotty goes to pick him up-- Haas quickly gets behind Scottty, German Suplex! Charlie bridges the suplex to get the three count win over Scotty 2 Hotty!

After the match, Haas gets his hand raised as Stacy can be heard yelling from ringside, "Finish him!". Charlie then nods as he turns Scotty onto his stomach-- locking him into the Haas Of Pain! After minutes of arguing with the referee, Haas finally breaks the hold as he leaves Scotty in pain. Haas then exits the ring as he gets his hand raised by Stacy before the duo make their way up the ramp to jeers from the crowd.

Winner: Charlie Haas

(71, 69, 89)

SmackDown! Recap: A Judgment Day Challenge

After the commercial break, Kurt Angle makes his way down the ramp with his music already playing. The 'You Suck' chant fills throughout the arena as Kurt Angle doesn't have a smile on his face. As Kurt enters the ring, he is handed a microphone as he begins to speak.

Kurt Angle: "Last week... last week, I didn't lose. I didn't lose because Booker T cheated and the referee fell into his trap. Booker T was NOT the legal man and should NOT be credited for that pinfall against me, because I did NOT lose."

Booker T's music then starts up as Booker T comes out in his street clothes, and a microphone in hand.

Booker T: "Kurt, last week, whether I was the legal man or not. I pinned you. I pinned you in the middle of that ring, one...two...three!"

The crowd then cheers as Kurt shakes his head no.

Booker T: "It's official that I pinned you last week, fair and square-- and you didn't... or couldn't kick out."

With the crowd behind Booker T, Kurt Angle stares at him, with a blank stare.

Kurt Angle: "First of all, I didn't have to kick out because you weren't the legal man. Secondly, I'm sick of all your lying and all of your cheating ways, Booker. So at Judgment Day... I have a challenge for you. A WRESTLING match. But Booker, if you need some help learning how to wrestle... just don't bother showing up."

The crowd then boo's as Booker T puts a smirk on his face.

Booker T: "Oh, I'll be at Judgment Day... not can you dig THAT? Sucka!"

Booker T's music then plays as the crowd cheers behind him, while he and Kurt Angle have a quick stare.

(98)

Overall: 62

Television Rating: 3.88

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as theres no predictions posted yet...... i thought i'd just throw mine out and see what happens :shifty:

Based On The Current Judgment Day Card

Hell In A Cell

The Rock vs. The Undertaker

Prediction: Rock thanks to some outside interference

WWE Heavyweight Title Match

The Big Show vs. Eddie Guerrero ©

Prediction: Eddie cos Big Show = Ratings <_< but eddie = championship material and he's gonna cheat :smug:

Booker T vs. Kurt Angle

Prediction: Kurt freakin' Angle will win...... cleanly! thats right, my wrestling god will put Sucka T down and make him tap like a freakin chorus line on crack.

WWE United States Title Match

Scott Steiner vs. John Cena ©

Prediction: Big Poppa Pump cos.....Steroids = Ratings, and plus Cena is way better as a heel......am i right? i know i am

WWE Tag Team Title Match

The Morgan Brothers vs. Jeff Hardy & Shannon Moore vs. Jindrak & Cade ©

Prediction: since dysi? seems to be pushing the morgan bros TO THE MOON! :P i think they might just sneak it

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerero ©

Prediction: Rey Rey will win thanks to Chavo 'Classic' Guerrero Sr's botched interference. Cos Chavo Classic = Serious Ratings! :shifty:

Edited by deanitude

SmackDown! was a nice show. The Billy Kidman heel turn was a bit, ok, but I'm not sure wheter it was a good move or a bad move. So I'll just see what happens with him and Rey after the PPV to find out. I cant wait to see J-Day!

3-Way match for the tag titles sound nice. Funaki vs The Rock? Now thats what I call one hell of a match, even though Rock beat poor sho fu to a pulp.

• 1 year later...