WWE: The New Beginning

DYSI

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm still having computer troubles. However, EWB seems to be working for me all right, so I'm right to continue the greatest split diary on the boards today! .... Ok, the SELF PROCLAIMED greatest split diary on the boards today! I'll get working on a RAW preview, and try and get RAW up ASAP. Sorry for the wait, once again.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>World Wrestling Entertainment: After WrestleMania XX, Bringing The Brands Together. Finally. </TITLE><STYLE type=text/css>BODY { }BODY { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}P { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}TD { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}</STYLE><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><title>New Page 1</title></HEAD><body bgcolor="#FFCC99"><p><b>MONDAY NIGHT<font color="#FF0000"> RAW</font> PREVIEW</b> - 05/03/04</p><p>This week's RAW comes to you live from Pheonix, Arizona with what's set to be a huge main event! In a rematch from Backlash, it'll be Chris Benoit putting the World Heavyweight title on the line against "The Game" Triple H. And remember what GM Eric Bischoff said, if Triple H doesn't win the world title on RAW, he will be out of the title picture for quite some time. Can Triple H get the job done this Monday night?</p><p>Plus a sudden death fatal four way match will be held to determine the number one contendor for Randy Orton's Intercontinental title. Rob Van Dam, Rhyno, Matt Hardy and Edge will all be competing for a shot at Orton's gold. Also, Christian teams up with Rene Dupree to take on Chris Jericho and The Hurricane.</p><p> Be sure to tune into <b><font color="#FF0000">RAW</font></b> this Monday night, only on <i>Spike TV</i>!</p></body></html>

Glad to see you guys continuing this diary since it's my favorite WWE diary on the board, Raw looks good and hopefully HHH loses so we won't have to see him in the main event scene for a long time :D

I like the four way match and I'm hoping RVD goes over setting up RVD/Orton with RVD winning :D

Can't wait till Raw

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>World Wrestling Entertainment: After WrestleMania XX, Bringing The Brands Together. Finally. </TITLE><STYLE type=text/css>BODY { }BODY { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}P { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}TD { FONT-SIZE: 8pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 220%; FONT-FAMILY: verdana}</STYLE><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0"><meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><title>New Page 1</title></HEAD><body bgcolor="#FFCC99"><p align="left"><b><font color="#FF0000">RAW</font> Report</b><BR>May 3rd, 2004</p><p align="left">- <b> Triple H</b> arrived at the arena, before being questioned aboutthe tension within Evolution over the last few weeks. HHH said that Evolutionwas just fine, but that doesn't matter tonight, because he has a World title towin back.</p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">- </font><font color="#FF0000"><b> Chris Jericho</b>&amp; <b> The Hurriane</b> def. <b> Christian</b> &amp; <b> Rene Dupree</b></font>,when Jericho made Dupree tap to the Walls Of Jericho. After the match Christiantried to attack Y2J, but Jericho saw it coming and threw Christian out of thering. Jericho then got a hold of Trish and gave her a spanking, before anangered Christian dragged her away and headed to the back.</p><p align="left">- <b> Christian</b> visited <b> Eric Bischoff</b>, telling the GM that he wassick of Jericho, and that he wanted to put an end to this feud next week on <b><font color="#FF0000">RAW</font></b>.Christian then said that he was so keen on eliminating <b> Chris Jericho</b>, that hewanted it to be a &quot;Loser Leaves Town&quot; match. Bischoff agreed to thatstipulation, before making it a &quot;<b>Steel Cage, Loser Leaves Town</b>&quot; match,next week on <b><font color="#FF0000">RAW</font></b>.</p><p align="left">- <font color="#FF0000"><b> Kane</b> def. <b> &quot;The Ultimate Warrior&quot; StevieRichards</b></font>,when Kane got the easy three count after hitting a Chokeslam. This week Steviewas impersonating the former WWE champion The Ultimate Warrior, which was ahoot.</p><p align="left">- <b> Randy Orton</b> was interviewd about the current situation inEvolution. Orton admitted that there'd been a few mishaps in the last few weeks,but he promised that Evolution would be stronger than ever after tonight, whenTriple H walks out with the World heavyweight title and Evolution has all of the<a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=gold&v=56">gold</a> on <b><font color="#FF0000">RAW</font></b>.</p><p align="left">- A promo for <b><font color="#0000FF">SmackDown</font></b>'s <font color="#FF0000"><b> Judgement Day</b></font> PPV was shown, hypingthe HIAC and WWE title matches.</p><p align="left">- <b> Chris Jericho</b> was asked for his thaughts on the &quot;LoserLeaves Town&quot; match next week, when suddenly <b> Christian </b> assaulted him frombehind with a lead pipe. Christian beat down and bloodied Y2J, until eventually the EMTs arrived.</p><p align="left"><font color="#000000">- </font><b><font color="#FF0000"> Rob Van Dam</font></b><font color="#FF0000"> def.<b> Rhyno, Matt Hardy </b>&amp;<b> Edge</b></font>, to become thenumber one contendor to the Intercontinental title. RVD got the win afternailing the 5 Star Frog Splash on Matt Hardy for the victory.</p><p align="left">- We saw the World Heavyweight champion, <b> Chris Benoit </b> in theback, warming up for his big title defense.</p><p align="left">- <font color="#FF0000"><b> Chris Benoit</b> def. <b> Triple H</b></font>, to retain the World Heavyweightchampionship.<b> Flair</b> and <b> Batista</b> tried to interfere late in the match, but Benoitfaught the duo off. <b> Randy Orton</b> then tried to interfere on behalf of HHH, butended up nailing &quot;The Game&quot; with a wayward chair shot to the skull.This lead to Benoit nailing the Swandive Headbutt for the victory.</p><p align="left">- <b><font color="#FF0000"> RAW</font></b> went off the air with World Heavyweight champion,<b> ChrisBenoit</b> celebrating in the ring.</p><p align="left"><font color="#FF0000">Overall Rating -<b> </b></font><b><font color="#FF0000">79</font></b><font color="#FF0000">; TV Rating -<font color="#000000"><b> </b></font><b>5.62 </b>Attendance -<b> 7547</b></font></p></body></html>

Extra short, note-style results this week. Ya'see, I just havn't been able to bring myself to write a show over the last week, but I didn't want to slow the diary down completely and leave DYSI? waiting any longer, so I decided to do a quick recap of the show. Heh, the quick recap isn't that much shorter than my normal shows.

.. I wish I could do short shows like that every week. :ohwell: Actually .. I might think about that. Eh, anyway .. DYSI?'s SmackDown! is up next.

WWE SmackDown! Preview, May 6th 2004

After last weeks demolition of the WWE Heavyweight Champion, Eddie Guerrero. The Big Show will be in the house to explain his actions against Eddie Guerrero, what will The Big Show have to say?

Also tonight, The Rock will have a 'warm-up' match to prepare for his Hell In A Cell Match at Judgment Day against The Undertaker. Who will The Rock face off against tonight?

And also tonight, the number one contendership for the WWE Tag Team Titles is on the line tonight in a ten man, five team over the top rope battle royal! Who will come out on top, The Morgan Brothers, The FBI, Billy Kidman and Paul London, The Bashams, or Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore?

And tonight, Chavo Guerrero Sr. is in action again as he will go up against the young, Rey Mysterio. Can Chavo Guerrero Sr. be in the same ring with the fast paced Mysterio?

I agree, SmackDown! DOES look DYSI? :P

As for Raw, I enjoyed the general flow of the show itself, but one thing I didn't like was the booking for the finish of the World Title match. By having Benoit win via Orton's chairshot, it makes him look weak. The WWE did the exact same thing by having Benoit beat HBK after HHH had Pedigreed him. Benoit hasn't been the main focal point of a company EVER before, and he needs to be built up as a good champion.

Other than that (and the fact we didn't get a detailed description of 'Ultimate Stevie' :P), the show was fine. I think the Christian/Jericho match will be good, and hopefully you'll do what the WWE didn't do, and use a cage match to finish the feud.

SmackDown should be quite interesting, but the words "Chavo Guerrero Sr. is in action" fill me with enough dread to think otherwise :P.

SmackDown!

May 6th 2004

Commentators: Michael Cole & Jerry "The King" Lawler

SmackDown! Recap: Eddie Guerrero Gets Demolished

As Eddie got The Big Show standing upright, Eddie grabs the arm off Show, attempting to send him into the ring post! The Big Show then quickly reverses it-- sending Guerrero into the steel steps, flipping him over onto his back! With the crowd now booing the action at ringside, The Big Show slowly removes his straps from his attire as he slowly walks towards the commentators table. Show rips the top of it off as Lawler and Cole quickly scatter away from the table. Show then rips a monitor off, then the second one-- but this one Show keeps in his hands. Guerrero slowly gets up to his feet, as he is obviously hurting by both attacks in the back and by the steps. Show quickly slams the monitor onto the forehead of Guerrero, sending him down faster than a ton of bricks. Show then slams the monitor on the floor-- breaking it into several pieces as the crowd continues to boo the seven foot monster. Show then lets out a loud caveman like yell before grabbing the busted open Eddie Guerrero by his throat. Show then walks in front of the table... raising Eddie up over his head for a few seconds with just one hand-- before Chokeslamming him straight through the commentators table! Show then just stares at Eddie as Eddie lays their unconscious for the second time tonight, thanks to The Big Show.

(91)

The Morgan Brothers vs. The FBI vs. Billy Kidman & Paul London vs. The Bashams vs. Jeff Hardy & Shannon Moore

Five Team, Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

No special entrance to tonights show, as all five teams are surrounding the ring to try and win a chance to face Jindrak & Cade at Judgment Day. The bell then rung as all ten men entered the ring.

Elimination #1: A few minutes after the match started, The FBI and The Bashams joined forces to take both Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore down-- but after shaking hands. Palumbo superkicked Danny Basham over the top rope, to eliminate The Bashams!

Elimination #2: Moments after The Bashams were eliminated, Chuck Palumbo attempted to Jungle Kick Paul London, but London ducked it as Chuck was straddled on the top rope! London and Kidman then double dropkicked Palumbo over the top rope, to eliminate The FBI.

Elimination #3: With Kidman struggling to eliminate Matt Morgan, Paul London was fighting off both Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore-- but as London ran at Hardy, Hardy nailed a kick to his gut, before he and Shannon sent him flying over the top rope, eliminating him and Kidman. After the elimination, Kidman couldn't believe it as he stormed up the ramp-- past his partner.

Moments after London was eliminated, Travis Morgan was struggling to eliminate Shannon Moore while Matt was dazed after a Twist Of Fate. Hardy then climbed up to the top rope-- before jumping off and dropkicking Travis Morgan, causing him AND Shannon Moore to go flying over the top rope! With the referee's discussing who went over first, Jindrak and Cade came running down the ramp and into the ring as they quickly pounced on Jeff Hardy! After delivering The End to Jeff Hardy, Jindrak and Cade focussed their attention towards Matt Morgan-- giving the massive Morgan The End as well!

Winners: Draw

(65, 59, 72)

No Controversy For The GM

With Jindrak and Cade celebrating in the ring, and the fans confused as in who won the battle royal, General Manager Paul Heyman's music plays as he makes his way onto the stage with a microphone in hand.

Paul Heyman: "Excuse me if you will. But from what I saw in the backstage, BOTH Shannon Moore and Travis Morgan's feet hit the ground at the same time, so there will be NO controversy on who landed first. At Judgment Day, Jindrak and Cade WILL defend their titles... against Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore!"

With the crowd cheering, Paul Heyman quickly smirks as he shakes his head no.

Paul Heyman: "Oh no, that's not it. It will be a triple threat tag team title match, featuring Travis and Matt Morgan!"

The crowd still cheers as Jindrak & Cade stand in the ring in shock, as they can't believe what they are in for.

(82)

(Commercial Break)

No More Cheating And Lying, Just Wrestling

After the commercial break, Kurt Angle makes his way down the ramp with his music already playing. The 'You Suck' chant fills throughout the arena as Kurt Angle doesn't have a smile on his face. As Kurt enters the ring, he is handed a microphone as he begins to speak.

Kurt Angle: "Last week... last week, I didn't lose. I didn't lose because Booker T cheated and the referee fell into his trap. Booker T was NOT the legal man and should NOT be credited for that pinfall against me, because I did NOT lose."

Booker T's music then starts up as Booker T comes out in his street clothes, and a microphone in hand.

Booker T: "Kurt, last week, whether I was the legal man or not. I pinned you. I pinned you in the middle of that ring, one...two...three!"

The crowd then cheers as Kurt shakes his head no.

Booker T: "It's official that I pinned you last week, fair and square-- and you didn't... or couldn't kick out."

With the crowd behind Booker T, Kurt Angle stares at him, with a blank stare.

Kurt Angle: "First of all, I didn't have to kick out because you weren't the legal man. Secondly, I'm sick of all your lying and all of your cheating ways, Booker. So at Judgment Day... I have a challenge for you. A WRESTLING match. But Booker, if you need some help learning how to wrestle... just don't bother showing up."

The crowd then boo's as Booker T puts a smirk on his face.

Booker T: "Oh, I'll be at Judgment Day... not can you dig THAT? Sucka!"

Booker T's music then plays as the crowd cheers behind him, while he and Kurt Angle have a quick stare.

(90)

The #1 Contender Arrives

As the camera's cut backstage, The Big Show can be seen arriving in the arena with a smile on his face-- as he can remember what he did last week to Eddie Guerrero.

(75)

(Commercial Break)

Chavo Guerrero Sr. vs. Rey Mysterio

Coming back from the commercial break, Chavo Guerrero Sr. and Jr. were seen in the ring, going over a "game plan" against Mysterio. Mysterio's music then plays as Rey comes flying out from the side of the stage to a huge pop from the crowd. Mysterio then makes his way down and begins to walk down the ramp, slapping some fans hands the way down before entering the ring and climbing the top rope, doing his pre-match ritual.

Near the end of the match, Mysterio was locked in a sleeper hold as Sr. was tightening it up, bringing Mysterio down to one knee. As Mysterio begins to shake his fist, the crowd begins to cheer as Mysterio slowly gets back up to his feet, elbowing Chavo Sr.-- breaking out of the sleeper! Rey then runs to the ropes, dropkicking Chavo Sr. to the floor! Mysterio then exits out onto the ring apron as he stands, awaiting Chavo Sr. to get up to his feet. Chavo Guerrero then quickly distracts Rey, grabbing him by the leg! Just then, Billy Kidman can be seen running down the ramp! Mysterio's long time friend then nails a forearm to the back of Chavo Jr. as he falls down to the mats! Chavo Sr. then gets up to his feet... West Coast Pop! Mysterio then sits on Sr. while hooking the legs, to get the three count win!

Winner: Rey Mysterio

(60, 48, 73)

Greed

After the match, Billy Kidman reentered the ring with the WWE Cruiserweight Title as he handed it to Mysterio, while helping him up to his feet. The crowd then cheers as Mysterio raises the title over his head. Kidman then grabs the belt away from Rey, as Mysterio looks confused, but thinks nothing of it. Kidman then raises the title over his head, and points to Mysterio-- but then smashes the Cruiserweight Title over the head of Mysterio! The crowd quickly turns to boos as Kidman looks at the Cruiserweight Title, before dropping it over the chest of Rey Mysterio, leaving his long time friend downed.

(65)

(Commercial Break)

Guerrero Out Of Action?

The camera's then go backstage where The Big Show is seen standing next to the much smaller, Josh Matthews. The crowd can be heard booing from inside the arena, as Matthews begins the interview.

Josh Matthews: "Well I'm here backstage, standing next to the number one contender for Eddie Guerrero's championship, The Big Show. Last week, Eddie Guerrero suffered various injuries after begin chokeslammed through the announcers table-- causing Eddie Guerrero not to be in attendance tonight, nor will he be in attendance next week. Now, Big Show, why would you jeopardize your title shot at Judgment Day, just to settle a score with Eddie Guerrero?"

The Big Show: "I did what I did last week to make a statement to Eddie Guerrero-- and to all of his fans out their that cheer for him. --Those fans should be cheering for me! I am the biggest, strongest man here on SmackDown and I showed that I am when I broke Eddie Guerrero in two! ...And at Judgment Day, that title he has around his waist... it'll be mine!"

The Big Show then walks past Josh Matthews as Matthews is shocked by The Big Show's remarks.

(70)

Jamie Noble vs. John Cena

Jamie Noble's music plays as Noble makes his way down the ramp to boos from the crowd, as he just ignores them. Noble then enters the ring as John Cena's music cuts Noble's off as Cena makes his way out, flashing the 'WordLife' sign before patting his United States Title. Cena then makes his way down the ramp, slapping some fans hands before entering the ring, and beginning the match.

Coming near the end of the match, Cena was in control as he tossed Noble against the ropes-- nailing him with a clothesline! Cena then bounces off the ropes, nailing Jamie with the five knuckle shuffle! Cena then hooks the leg, one, two, thr-- no! Noble kicks out as Cena gets back up, before bending down and pumping up his shoes! With the crowd cheering, Noble slowly gets up to his feet as he turns around-- to meet a kick to the gut! Cena then tosses Noble onto his shoulders... FU! Cena quickly covers for the pinfall win.

Afterwards, Cena celebrates with his title but 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner makes his way out with his lead pipe in hand. Cena notices Steiner as he drops his title and quickly picks up his steel chain before wrapping it around his fist! Steiner then stops and points the lead pipe towards Cena before backing away up the ramp. John then points to his fist and waves Steiner into the ring, but Steiner goes to the back as Cena quickly goes back to his celebration.

Winner: John Cena

(77, 76, 78)

Judgment Day Warm-Up Match

The camera's cut backstage to find GM Paul Heyman in his locker room as he is standing next to The Rock. The crowd can be heard booing from the inside of the arena as The Rock looks around in disgust.

Paul Heyman: "...ten days till Judgment Day. Ten days till Hell In A Cell. Ten days to prepare. Tonight Rock, tonight you have a little 'warm-up' match. I know I haven't told you all week who your opponent was, but I can tell you this. He has been in this business for years, and is one of the toughest competitors out there. So get ready Rock, because it's next."

The Rock raises an eyebrow at Heyman, as Heyman has the usual smirk on his face.

(94)

(Commercial Break)

The Rock vs. Funaki

After the commercial break, The Rock's music plays as the crowd is quickly all over him with major heel heat. Rock slowly makes his way down the ramp, snubbing fans high fives down the way. The Rock then entered the ring and looks up the ramp as he awaits his opponent. After a few seconds of awkwardness, Funaki's music starts up as Funaki makes his way out, looking a bit nervous as their are some chuckles from the audience. Funaki then makes his way down the ramp as he enters the ring, to be quickly stomped on by The Rock to start the match.

After being demolished for three minutes straight, Funaki struggles to get up to his feet, but The Rock helps him up-- and quickly slams him down with an effortless Rock Bottom! Rock doesn't bother covering as he easily gets the three count victory to pick up the win.

Afterwards, The Rock grabs Funaki up by his hair as he quickly puts him on his shoulder, attempting a Tombstone! As The Rock mocks The Undertaker-- the lights go out and lightning quickly strikes the ring! The Rock then drops Funaki and looks around, ready for a fight. The Undertaker's voice then is heard over the arena as the crowd cheers.

The Undertaker: "Your day of Judgment is coming near, Rock. Ten days till your day of reckoning. Ten days till your doomsday. Ten days till you Rest... In... Peace."

Lightning then strikes the ring once, then twice as the lights slowly turn back on. The Rock then looks all over to try and find The Undertaker, but 'Taker is nowhere to be found.

Winner: The Rock

(76, 77, 75)

Overall: 75

Television Rating: 5.73

Good show as always there DYSI? I wish Hardy & Moore won the battle royal though. I think you should have waited a while before throwing The Morgans into the tag title picture.

Kidman's turn was good .. but now I'm worried that we're going to hear Kidman on the mike a lot more. Which .. isn't good :P

The Rock/Taker buildup is awesome as always. However, I think the WWE title match is looking very inferior to HIAC. And nobody believes that you're going to put the strap on Big Show :smug:

Great show, Funaki main eventing owns all! Glad to see Kidman possibly turning heel and hopefully you'll give him some gold! Other than that the show was well done and I'm looking forward to Judgment Day. Keep up the good work.

Current Judgment Day Card

Hell In A Cell

The Rock vs. The Undertaker

WWE Heavyweight Title Match

The Big Show vs. Eddie Guerrero ©

Booker T vs. Kurt Angle

WWE United States Title Match

Scott Steiner vs. John Cena ©

WWE Tag Team Title Match

The Morgan Brothers vs. Jeff Hardy & Shannon Moore vs. Jindrak & Cade ©

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerero ©

NO PREDICTIONS YET!!!!!

*expect a Velocity Preview tomorrow.

WWE Velocity Preview, May 8th 2004

After an exicting and shocking SmackDown! this past Thursday, tonight will showcase some of its highlights, including Billy Kidman turning on his long time friend, Rey Mysterio.

Tonights main event features Charlie Haas, with Stacy Keibler. As Haas will go up against the returning Scotty 2 Hotty. After missing a week with back issues, can Scotty make his return a good one?

Also tonight, the FBI's Johnny Stamboli will go up against Orlando Jordan. Can Jordan overcome the numbers game and beat "The Bull" here tonight?

And also, Jamie Noble will be in action as he'll take on Harry Smith. Can this nobody upset Jamie Noble in his Velocity debut?

HYA is formerly known as Hotal Yorba....anyways, I'm looking forward to Judgment Day 'case we all know Big Show + main event = ratings :huh: And also nothing like a good 'ol Undertaker HIAC, especially with The Rock. I'm liking everything from Smackdown thus far, but I dunno, I still can't get that invovled with the Raw storylines for some reason. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.