Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia

Right, so you can all thank C-MIL for pushing me to get this rolling so soon after Pfeiffer Mafia. If anyone's offended by the idea that I'm starting my fifth Mafia game in as many months, I'll... be murdered, I guess. But yeah, all C-MIL's fault, for you see he is a nerd.

Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Logo.jpg

The Mafia Game

A Brief Bit o' Backstory

The kingdom of Ivalice is rocked by the Lion War, as rival Dukes Larg and Goltana vie for the throne of the land. Unbeknownst to them both--indeed, unbeknownst to much of the kingdom--they have been manipulated by the cruel and conniving obvious parallel to the Catholic Church, the Glabados Church. The Church seeks the power of the ancient Zodiac Stones--thirteen stones keyed to powerful demons--to bring an end to the war they began, to secure the Church's position as the rulers of all of Ivalice. The Church's Temple Knights seek those with the innate power to unlock the stones, and they have proven a potent force behind the scenes in the war.

Only one man has had the wherewithal and the wisdom to challenge the Temple Knights in their goals: Ramza Beoulve. The son of a legendary warrior, Ramza has learned the truth of the Zodiac Stones, of Glabados Church's conspiracy to overthrow Ivalice, and of the untold power the Temple Knights possess. Along with a cavalcade of warriors--some famous, some mercenaries hired from the local soldier office--Ramza seeks to stop the Church once and for all and, perhaps, to put an end to the Lion War as well.

So What Do You Need to Know to Enjoy This Game?

Just the basic story--it's standard fantasy fare. Those who played the game might appreciate it more, but as with all my games, I'm doing what I can to get everyone on board.

For the record, this game's character names, location names, and class names will be based on the original Final Fantasy Tactics, not the PSP remake where the hilarious Engrish was re-localized and it was no longer possible to summon the evil demon Rich. This is strictly old-school. Therefore, if you've played the PSP version and are unfamiliar with your character's baffling old name, lern2reserch.

So What's Different This Time? (VERY IMPORTANT--READ BEFORE SIGNING UP)

This game will feature many of the story characters from Tactics; however, those of you who have played the game know that half the fun is the vast array of character classes that are involved. Therefore, in addition to the story characters, many of you will be cast as "generic class characters." This does not mean that you won't have an ability. It means you'll be able to customize certain aspects of your character and might affect other in-game mechanics as well.

What do I need?

A Name: Fourteen characters long at the most, including spaces. Any special characters are allowed.

A Gender: This will affect a number of intangibles in the game.

A Zodiac Sign: One of the twelve: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, or Pisces. These signs, in the game world, have varying levels of compatibility: Neutral, Good, Bad, Best, or Worst. Your compatibility will affect how effective certain abilities are in the game--and a night action used on a character with whom you share Bad or Worst compatibility may not go off at all.

If you add yourself to the sign-up list, please PM me these three things ASAP. I may not use them, but I absolutely must have one from every player.

Enough Already! Can I Sign Up?

Sure. I've got 25 roles written out and could add as many as 3-5 more if demand is high enough--which it may not be, who knows.

1. C-MIL (NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!)

2. Ace

3. Momo

4. Josh-oo-wuh

5. Be

6. Pleatherface

7. TheRossWalker

8. Huss Delgado

9. LittleDaniel

10. Mr. Evil Guy

11. DMN

12. Beeker00Zero

13. Essa

14. Ruki

15. Nessosin

16. Benji

Edited by Sousa Supports Bush in '08

Sigh. You couldn't have opened these before I signed up to RE mafia, could you. <_<

I wouldn't be averse to waiting until RE Mafia starts winding down to formally get started if more people want to hold off.

Sigh. You couldn't have opened these before I signed up to RE mafia, could you. <_<

I wouldn't be averse to waiting until RE Mafia starts winding down to formally get started if more people want to hold off.

Haha. So not what I meant. I just wouldn't have signed up to RE had I known this was coming. Everything is well though. Carry on. No delay. Pip pip, etc.

Gotcha. (Y)

Incidentally, in case anyone's confused, this will not be an RP game; it will be a standard Mafia game. I only need names, genders, and Zodiac signs in case you end up as either a generic class or the main character, whose name and Zodiac sign you will select (as in the game).