What If?...

TMM

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Sunday 19th August 2001

THE WEEKLY UPDATE

Tuesday 14th August

user posted image

user posted image

WCW have renewed the contracts of both Disco Inferno and Ernest "the Cat" Miller. Originally they were going to be allowed to leave WCW when their deals expired, however management had a change of heart and decided to offer them new contracts and all signs point to the two being hooked up as a tag team. The likely scenario is that they will be used as comedy tag team with neither really in line for any form of a push of any sorts.

Shelton Benjamin again impresses the crowd in dark matches before Nitro...

user posted image

Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Shannon Moore with the Gory Bomb. Chavo appeared to be playing face, and announced to the crowd that he would returnto full-time action 'very soon'.

Lance Storm and Mike Awesome defeated the Minnesota Stretching Crew (Shelton Benjamin and Brock Lesnar) when Awesome pinned Benjamin with the Awesome Bomb.

The Stampede Bulldogs (Teddy Hart and Harry Smith) defeated Chris Harris and James Storm when Smith hit Harris with the running powerslam.

Ken Shamrock d. Shawn Stasiak with the Ankle Lock. This match popped the crowd because of the pressence of Stacy Keibler 

Wednesday 15th August

user posted image

The reason for the seemingly abrupt ending to the Jamie Knoble/Shane Helms feud over the Cruiserweight title recently is that WCW have seemingly decided that Shane Helms is 'to good' for the Cruiserweight title and could be on the recieving end of a semi-big push in the near future. That is the reason why Helms hasn't been seen since dropping the belt to Knoble on the inaugural Thunder last week as well as selling the injury sustained by Knoble. Many signs point to Helms being put in a programme with the nWo or Chris Kanyon when he returns.

Friday 17th August

user posted image

Lex Luger has recently been lobbying to management about having more TV time. He has been upset that he has only had one match and only appeared once since WCW returned from it's hiatus. A lot of this has had to do with a niggling knee injury which, apparently was workable but Luger said he couldn't work through the pain. A lot of people were annoyed that he complained about not getting TV time despite his claims of being injured. Many believe the only reason he even has a job is because of his friendship with Sting, and as such he has been granted a match on Thunder, and may well even appear on Nitro as well.

Saturday 18th August

Some old timers work the dark matches prior to Thunder and Perry Saturn makes his first appearance...

user posted image

Mark Jindrak defeated Barry Windham with a slingshot powerslam off the ropes.

The Stampede Bulldogs (Teddy Hart and Harry Smith) defeated the Rock N Roll Express when Hart made Robert Gibson tap out to the Sharpshooter.

Brock Lesnar squashed Marty Jannetty with a modified firemans carry into a slam.

Perry Saturn and AJ Styles defeated the Jung Dragons when Saturn made Kaz Hayashi submit to the Rings of Saturn.

Sunday 19th August

MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

user posted image

Coming to you live from Boise , Idaho, Nitro is packed to the roof with big matches as WCW takes it's second to last stop before the big 'Road Wild' pay-per-view this Sunday night.

In a bizarre main event, WCW President Eric Bischoff has decided to mix and match the three teams that will go at it for the WCW Tag Team titles this Sunday. The match will see Chuck Palumbo and Sean Waltman face Billy Kidman and Mike Awesome as well as the third team on Lance Storm and Sean O'Haire in the match that Bischoff explains as being 'there to test the six men's resolve and see which superstars deserve the Tag Team titles.' It is entirely possibly and more likely that Bischoff is just trying to plant the seeds of self destruction amongst these three young teams as Bischoff is notorious for interfering in things just for his sheer enjoyment.

'Mene' Gene Okerlund will present a special pre-taped one-on-one interview with Goldberg that will air prior to his match against former Natural Born Thriller member Reno. Many people see Reno as someone who can handle himself against the big stars, and Reno will certainly hope that he can defeat Goldberg on Nitro.

The four participants in the Hardcore title match at 'Road Wild' will be in the same ring on Nitro with two other men as Nitro hosts a big six-man tag match that will pit Hardcore champion Rob Van Dam up with his enformer Big Bubba Rogers and Mark Jindrak to take on the legendary Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer and the up-and-comer Nick Dinsmore. Whichever team wins on Nitro will certainly have a psychological advantage going into 'Road Wild'.

The Grand Kanyon returns tonight as the Kanyon will interview two of his enemies live on Nitro. Kanyon will 'welcome' Curt Hennig onto the show as well as his opponent in the Lion's Den match this Sunday, Ken Shamrock. Sparks will certainly fly with these three men in the same ring and Mike Sander is bound to be near by.

The nWo are slated to be at the show as well with only six days left before the historic Elimination Chamber match where the World Heavyweight champion Kevin Nash will defend against five other men, wone of which being his stable-mate Triple H!

Confirmed Matches:

* Billy Kidman and Mike Awesome vs. Sean O'Haire and Lance Storm vs. Chuck Palumbo and Sean Waltman

* Goldberg vs. Reno

* The New Road Warriors vs. Lex Luger and Rick Steiner

* Psicosis vs. Shannon Moore vs. Evan Karagias vs. Yang vs. David Cash vs. Elix Skipper

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nitro looks good and I'm glad you kept Disco, I always liked and felt even though he wasn't the best performer, He could put on a great match just because of his charisma getting the fans into the matches. I like the idea of pushing Helms but I think teaming him up with someone would be the best idea right now, I don't think he's anywhere near being ready to fight the nWo. And I don't think he fits in with the US title scene right now. Maybe him and Shannon Moore teaming up again would be good for the tag team division? Plus Moore/Helms vs Kidman/Waltman would be some great matches.

I disagree with Hewey, if I remember he was really on the way to the top right before WCW died, the fans seemed to actually connect with him. I think you're doing the right thing by pushing him, and keep him away from a tag team. I always believed that he was one to watch for, if they hadn't died, then I think he would've been a huge star. It's good to see Lesnar/Benjamin working as a tag team and hopefully you'll bring them in as a tag team then work on their solo careers.

Glad to see Luger wanting more TV time because he might be catching on that he has no skills. FIRE HIM!

Shane Helms is an awesome wrestler, and could be a great tag team with Shannon again. It'd be even better if you brought in Evan Karagias and the three sang danced around like the 3 Count we all know them to be :D

America's Most Wanted > Stampede Bulldogs <Lesnar and Shelton

Glad to see Cat still with WCW, I've always like the guy.

The next Nitro looks good, and I'm waiting for more. keep up the great work

Glad to see Luger wanting more TV time because he might be catching on that he has no skills. FIRE HIM!

Shane Helms is an awesome wrestler, and could be a great tag team with Shannon again. It'd be even better if you brought in Evan Karagias and the three sang danced around like the 3 Count we all know them to be :D

America's Most Wanted > Stampede Bulldogs <Lesnar and Shelton

Glad to see Cat still with WCW, I've always like the guy.

The next Nitro looks good, and I'm waiting for more. keep up the great work

I like the update, and glad to see you are keeping Disco and Cat. Also, this diary has made my sig! It's an elite group...

:shifty:

I got sigged! He sigged me! Wow! Me shocked, thanks man that's my first one...other than my own obviously! Anyway, Nitro will be up either later today or sometime 2moro.

Guest y2gudge

Both Nitro & Thunder were strong for the last week with the DDP/Jarrett feud being the one I'm enjoying most at this time. I'm thinking you could go down the route of wCw (Waltman/Kidman/Helms/Palumbo/O'Haire) v nWo very soon after Nash loses his Title at Road Wild, maybe to DDP, keeping the DDP/Jarrett feud alive.

Hopefully you use the Committee correctly when they begin after Road Wild, I'm hoping for maybe Mick Foley to stir up some heat between Flair & Foley or someone like Randy Savage generally just to be an ass!

*y2gudge*

user posted image

News          Columns          Superstars          Forum        Results          Upcoming PPV card

Monday 20th August 2001

user posted image

We are LIVE in Boise, Idaho

Our hosts tonight are, as usual Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson

We start things off with a quick recap of the happenings on Nitro and Thunder, focusing on anything nWo related because this is WCW. They did focus quite a bit on the interview with Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire on Thunder where they brought up the question about whether Sean Waltman is aligned with the nWo. That interview was particularly good and I happened to notice that Sean O’Haire is much more at home with a microphone than Chuck Palumbo is.

David Cash vs. Shannon Moore vs. Elix Skipper vs. Yang vs. Evan Karagias vs. Psicosis

Well, um…filler? We aren’t given a reason for this match so I assume it’s just to get these guys on TV. This is going to be a weird show with TEN CRUISERWEIGHT’S in action on the same show! How freaking weird is that? This ain’t your daddy’s WCW that’s for sure. Anyway you can screw yourself if you think I’m even gonna TRY and follow this thing properly. Let’s just go with the highspots shall we? I think that’s easier don’t you? The really annoying/evil thing about this match is that all six men are in the ring at once so there is no semblance of a flow in this match. Anyway, the first crazy ass spot came when Moore and Karagias set Cash up on the top rope and got him in a super-duper-plex position (the stack up superplex thing that Edge and Christan do) and then Skipper came off the top rope with a crossbody killing Cash in the process! The height was scary enough. Then, not to be outdone, Psicosis went on the adjacent turnbuckle and landed flat across both Karagias and Moore with a 450 splash! The referee didn’t know whether to count for Skipper’s pin or Psicosis’ pin, but both were broken up. Straight after this, they all got to their feet and all managed to get splashed to heck by Yang coming off the top rope with plancha. To…much…craziness. As you can imagine, things got out of control and after some more planchas/halos/flying stuff, Moore, Skipper, Yang and Cash were all taken out (side) and were pretty much out of it, leaving only Karagias and Psicosis in the ring. This spelt the end of Karagias (or so we were meant to believe) when Psicosis hit a hurricanrana and went to the top rope. He tried a guillotine legdrop but Karagias managed to just move out of the way and then rolled Psicosis up in a schoolboy pin to get the upset pinfall!

Rundown

Winner: Evan Karagias (5:34)

There was no real flow to the match (duh) and it had no reasoning behind it. I wouldn’t have minded if they said ‘winner gets a title shot at Road Wild’ but nothing. The result is all the more surprising considering you’d expect Psicosis to come out winner, but that’s why I’m not the booker.

** - It was a fun little match, but it looses marks for being pointless.

It’s time for an interview with Goldberg! Good because he’s barely said much about winning the World title this Sunday, and now I expect him to start yapping. Schiavone plugs it as being a pre-taped sit-down interview.

Okerlund: Thank you for taking the time to join me for an interview Bill.

Goldberg: No problems Gene.

Okerlund: I must admit; I truly believe that you will walk out of Portland, Oregon this Sunday as the World Heavyweight champion. Bill I would like to ask you about the Elimination Chamber match and your thoughts going into one of the biggest matches of your life.

Goldberg: What are my thoughts eh Gene? Well let’s just say that Bill Goldberg is gunning for Kevin Nash. In fact; I’m gunning for Triple H, I’m gunning for Diamond Dallas Page, I’m gunning for Booker T, I’m gunning for Jeff Jarrett but make no mistake about it, my main focus is ending Kevin Nash’s title reign. Sunday night I’m going to be locked in a glass chamber where I’ll stand and I’ll wait. In fact, I might start the match and if I do, you can be sure that the man standing across the ring from me will be eliminated just as quick as it takes for the opening bell to sound. But if I am locked inside the chamber…well, have you ever seen a caged animal Gene?

Okerlund: Actually I have.

Goldberg: Good, then you’ll know that they don’t like to be locked up. They don’t like to be confined in a small place when they should be running wild across a bigger playing field. That’s me Gene. You lock me up in a cage; I’ll be waiting to get out. The second my cage door opens, you had better get out of my way because once I’m released if your ass is in my way I’m going to knock you down on it and eliminate you because nothing…NOTHING will stand in the way of Bill Goldberg and the World Heavyweight title.

Okerlund: I understand that Bill and I hope you do exactly what you have said. Now I want to ask you about the nWo and your opinions on them. Since you made the big impact in WCW four years ago you have been involved with the nWo pretty much since day one. In fact you won your only World Heavyweight title to date by pinning the founding member of the nWo Hollywood Hogan in 1998. You went on to lose the title to Kevin Nash in Starrcade of that year as well. What is it about the nWo that you hate?

Goldberg: The nWo are a poison all right? Hall, Nash, Michaels and Triple H represent everything that I hate about the world today. They are out for themselves and don’t care about who they have to crawl over to get to the top. I’m all for people earning their spot at the top, and there are people in this company who just won’t get a look in while the nWo are on top.  Guys like Shane Helms have had their spots taken from them before they even got them when they nWo decided to turn up and do the same crap they’ve doing for five damn years! I’m sick of it, and I think every WCW and wrestling fan across the planet is as well.

Okerlund: Well thank you for your time Bill…

Goldberg: My pleasure Gene.

Okerlund: …you’ve got a match with Reno tonight on Nitro and I want to wish you good luck in that match, but before you go I want to know if you have any last words for your five opponents in the Elimination Chamber this Sunday?

Goldberg: Be prepared…be prepared for a long night this Sunday if you get between me and the World Heavyweight title!

Okerlund: Well this Sunday is sure to be a night that will be long remembered by wrestling fans the world over! Don’t forget you can still order ‘Road Wild’ by calling your local cable provider!

The interview ended and we go to ringside. I found it really funny that Goldberg said the nWo are a poison and that they are holding people down. To quote a somewhat known wrestling reporter ‘I love shoot comments that aren’t meant to be shoot comments’. Anyway, we’ve got a SQUASH to look forward now as Reno reminds us why he has a job.

Goldberg vs. Reno

Reno is out first and the commentators hype him up as someone who could cause an upset here and defeat Goldberg. Of course, that made me laugh like a bitch. Anyway, Goldberg came down and “the roof came off” according to Scott Hudson. Reno tried to go in and attack quickly and manages to get a couple of blows in before getting killed off a clothesline from Goldberg. Goldberg snapped and then went to the turnbuckle and prepped for the Spear but stood up and stared at the entrance way as Kevin Nash slowly made his way down to ringside! Reno got up and tried to capitalise on the distraction with a clothesline, but Goldberg ducked it and came back with a Spear! He got Reno on his feet and then hooked him up and pointed right at the World Heavyweight champion before hoisting Reno up and slamming him down the Jackhammer. Goldberg kept his eyes locked on Nash during the pin and stood straight up and again stared right at Nash.

Rundown

Winner: Goldberg (3:31)

It was a typical ‘Goldberg-sqaush’ with Reno being this week’s victim. Are we actually gonna ever see Goldberg in a proper one-on-one match anytime soon?

¼ * - And that’s being generous.

Goldberg then issued a challenge, motioning for the big nWo member to come and get him, which Nash slowly, slowly accepted. Nash climbed up the steps and over the top rope to confront Goldberg. Schiavone said ‘you feel cut the tension here’ as the two men just locked eyes and the fans gave their vocal support to Goldberg. Nash instigated it all by flipping of Goldberg, who replied by decking him with a right hand! A slugfest erupted between the two men and Nash nailed the elbow and knees in the corner and signalled for the Jacknife Powerbomb! But Goldberg managed to toss him over his shoulder and lay him out with a Spear when he stood up! Goldberg refocused his attention on Nash and signalled for the Jackhammer, but the other members of the nWo ran down and retrieved Nash from the ring, saving him from further harm. Goldberg posed in the ring as Nitro went to a break.

Commercial Break

Lex Luger and Rick Steiner vs. the New Road Warriors

Are WCW just TRYING to punish me? We go well over a month without hearing or seeing from Lex Luger or Rick Steiner, and then in the space of four days we get TWO Luger matches and ONE Rick Steiner match. To make things worse Steiner and Luger are involved IN THE SAME MATCH. I know what you’re thinking; you’re thinking that it can’t get worse can it? Think again buster! This match has THREE and a half slugs in it! Animal is a big ass slug and Crash is only half a slug because his matches can sometimes be semi-decent. This isn’t one of those times unfortunately. I’m gonna skip straight to the end because this match had NO redeeming qualities whatsoever as the RW dominate for 80% of the match and finish Steiner off with the Doomsday Device. It’s after the match where things get interesting as the F.B.I. make a run in and attack Animal and Crash. The Road Warriors manage to hold them off for a little while but the numbers catch up and the F.B.I. end up decimating Crash and Animal before Vito and the Bull steal their shoulder pad thingys and walk off with them.

Rundown

Winners: New Road Warriors (7:21)

Just watching Steiner and Animal now makes me a sad panda. Luger always sucked, but the other two always had something they had the intensity that made them interesting as well as Steiner’s actual ability. Now they’re just pooh.

DUD – Lex Luger + Ric Steiner + Animal = DUD, simple match no?

We get a video reminding us of the past week of Jamie Knoble’s life with the match and subsequent win against Psicosis on Nitro and the tag team match that he ‘missed’ before costing DDP and Psicosis the win, helping Malice get over. We then get an ‘Earlier Today’ video of Jamie Knoble walking down the hall going to meet up with Malice (according to Schiavone) and bumping into Kaz Hayashi.

Hayashi: Jamie…Knoble?

Knoble: Yeah boy? What’cha want?

Hayashi: I wants a shot at yo title belt.

Knoble: You want a shot? No. We were partners once boy and what did you give me? You gave me nothing! You kicked me out! But I’m gonna give you a damn match! Just me and you tonight on Nitro! See you in the ring then…boy!

Kaz Hayashi w/ Leia Meow and Yang vs. Jamie Knoble w/ Malice

I really don’t like the way American promotions decide that Japanese people don’t have a clue how to speak English so they have them sound like retards trying. The WWF do it with TAKA Michinoku and Funaki, and WCW do it with the Jung Dragons. Just once, once would I like to hear a Japanese wrestler speak English how he actuall does outside the ring. Anyway, match time. I like the Dragons, they’re cool. WCW aren’t smart enough to make a feud out of their history so this’ll probably be just another nice and easy win for Knoble here. We get more of a mat-based match here, but don’t take that as meaning Kaz wasn’t flying around like a Japanese lunatic (I’m aloud to insult, not WCW, he he). Some crazy stuff from Kaz gives the crowd something to chant about as he hits an awesome summersault tope to the outside on Malice to get the crowd into a ‘Holy Shit’ chant. Knoble took centre stage once Kaz returned to the ring, obviously having injured his knee after the dangerous move, Knoble pounced on it and attempted to destroy his leg it seemed. Knoble eventually managed to get Hayashi into position for the Trailer Hitch but Hayashi kept wiggling about. Frustration set in on Knoble who started to kick away relentlessly on Hayashi’s leg, then pointed at the leg before trying again. Unfortunately for him, Hayashi grabbed his neck and rolled him up in a small package to get the shock three count! Wow. Leia and Yang were ecstatic about Hayashi’s upset win, but two people who weren’t were Knoble and Malice. Knoble cursed the loss under his breathe before signalling for Malice to get in the ring. The big monster slid into the ring and started to stomp the holy hell out of Kaz Hayashi. Yang quickly slid in the ring and used his quick feet to try and kick away at Malice, but Malice managed to absorb most of the pain and kill him with a big clothesline! Schiavone says he just inflicted some ‘serious bodily harm on Yang’. Yang is unconscious, so Malice waits for Hayashi to get to his feet before ‘inflicting some serious bodily harm’ on him with that damn clothesline. He then turned his attentions to Leia Meow, but Knoble stepped in and called him off…so he could hit the Tiger Bomb on her! Knoble and Malice left the ring leaving the Jung Dragons out cold.

Rundown

Winner: Jamie Knoble (6:15)

More goodness from Knoble here with Hayashi really showing that he can do some awesome stuff. I’d like to see a mini-feud at the very least here.

** ½ - Seemed like the very beginning, chunks of the middle and the end of a very, very good match.

Commercial Break

We’re back and in the ring is Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer and Nick Dinsmore. Scott Hudson tells us that two more matches have JUST been added to the ‘Road Wild’ card and they are the New Road Warriors vs. Big Vito, Johnny the Bull and Guido Maritato with the second match being Nick Dinsmore facing Mark Jindrak in a rematch from ‘the Second Coming’. I gave that match * ½ back in May because it was decent but it was filler. Something tells me ** is the highest this rematch will go. Anyway, crazy man Funk has the microphone now.

Funk: Before I start, I wanna make it clear that I respect the talents of Rob Van Dam, but what you did to me over a month ago has left me without any respect for you as a person! I made my debut in this spot OVER 36 YEARS AGO! I’m not saying that I am anything special whatsoever, but if the fans are cheering for me, maybe it’s because I’m a 57 year-old man who’s still going day in and day out, but maybe it’s because they respect what I do, either way, I don’t crap on people like that! These two men behind me; they’re the future of this industry! Rob Van Dam; he’s the future of this industry, but I’ll tell you what Van Dam! You sure won’t last as long as I have by crapping on the people who like and respect you! I have the respect of my peers and most importantly…I have the respect of the fans. Van Dam…this Sunday at ‘Road Wild’, whether it’s this man standing behind me, Tommy Dreamer or if it’s me; that Hardcore title will NOT be slung over your shoulder! Mark my words Rob…

Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer and Nick Dinsmore vs. Rob Van Dam, Big Bubba Rogers and Mark Jindrak

Dinsmore and RVD start out and Van Dam feints a lock-up and goes for the thumbs. Dinsmore doesn’t give a shit and cuts him off at ‘Dam’, prompting a lot of boos from the crowd. Dinsmore takes him into the corner and beats away at him over there before whipping him HARD into his corner before tagging in Tommy Dreamer which in itself starts a small ‘ECW’ chant which continued to grow whenever RVD and/or Dreamer were in the ring. Dreamer went um, he went ECW on his ass! Yeah, that’s the one. He literally just decided he was going to kill him in the ring, so he pounded away. Luckily for the Hardcore champion, his enforcer did what he gets paid to do and got in the ring and grabbed Dreamer and flung him shoulder first into the STEEL ringpost. The referee admonished Rogers and sent him from the ring but the damage was done. Van Dam managed to recover and tagged in Rogers who continued where he left off with some uninspired and uninteresting punchy kicky shit. Rogers and Jindrak make regular tags isolating Dreamer in the ring and after a Rogers Slam, they tag in Van Dam. Van Dam takes forever to get near Dreamer as he taunts to the crowd, then mocks Terry Funk and Nick Dinsmore, then Tommy Dreamer. He goes over to Dreamer but gets shocked as Dreamer tries small package him, but RVD kicks out. Van Dam collects his bearings and picks Dreamer up, but Dreamer somehow manages to get the Dreamer Driver in out of nowhere! Dreamer made the cover, but it was broken up by Mark Jindrak and then all hell broke loose. We get a six-man brawl inside the ring and Jindrak hits his cool looking slingshot powerslam on Dinsmore before being taken out by Dreamer clotheslining him to the outside. Rogers and RVD double-teamed Terry Funk, and Funk walked right into a Rogers Slam. RVD went to the top rope and the referee admonished Big Bubba right in his way so he couldn’t hit the move, and he eventually sent him outside. Just at this time Funk managed to get to his feet and ‘collapse’ against the ropes, crotching RVD on the top. Funk went all nuts, walking like an old crazy man and hooked Van Dam up and hit a sick looking spike DDT off the top rope! RVD went as stiff as a board as Funk (the illegal man may I add) makes the pin for the 1…2…3! The faces all get in the ring and celebrate the win simple as.

Rundown

Winner: Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer and Nick Dinsmore (9:34)

Wasn’t to bad, but was far to long for what it was. The Hardcore title match Sunday could be pretty good, but the Dinsmore/Jindrak match is gonna get a pretty quiet reaction me thinks. They put on a OK match back in May, so it’ll be interesting to see how far they’ve come since then.

* ¾ - Not much to write home about; Jindrak’s finisher is still the best thing about him.

This match ends and we head straight to the backstage area with Sean Waltman and Billy Kidman! They’re preparing for the dodgy mixed tag team match thingy later on, which is just plain confusing. I’m gonna get so lost trying to remember the teams.

Waltman: Listen man; whatever happens tonight, we’re a team and Sunday we’re gonna win the titles.

Kidman: Yeah…

Waltman: What’s wrong man? You’ve been acting really weird the past week.

Kidman: It’s nothing Sean…I…I was just thinking about what Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo said on Thunder…

Waltman: What; about me being a member of the nWo?

Kidman: Yeah…and I…are you a member?

Waltman: Hey Billy I…

Michaels: Hey, hey Kid!

As you may have guessed, Shawn Michaels and the nWo walk into the locker room. Sean smiles and shakes all four guys hands.

Waltman: Hey guys, whassup? What ya doin here?

Michaels: Actually Kid we’re here to talk to you. We know you’ve got a big match tonight and we…

Michaels, Nash, Hall and Trips all look at Billy Kidman.

Kidman: …what?

Michaels: Um, we’re trying to have a conversation here you know?

Kidman: Well Sean IS my tag team partner so…

Michaels: No, no boy; this is a ‘family’ only conversation (the nWo throw up the handshake thing). So if you don’t mind, could ya please leave?

Kidman: Who the hell...

Waltman: Hey Billy just, just wait outside for a bit eh?

Kidman: Whatever dude…

Kidman looks around at the five guys and slowly walks out with Nash giving him a little goodbye wave to see him off. Hall stuck his tongue out at him as he walked out.

Michaels: Why are you hanging around with such a loser Kid? I mean he has ZERO personality and ZERO redeeming qualities…

Waltman: Yeah…true, but he ain’t a bad guy believe it or not.

Michaels: Nope…don’t believe it. Yeah anyway, we know you’ve got your main even match tonight and then the Tag Team title match Sunday night…we’re were just, you know Kid, we were wondering if ya wanted a little help.

Waltman: I…

Michaels: Not that you need it of course, oh no, it’s just, well, this Kidman guy isn’t the most AMAZING guy in the ring. You know we want you to come away with the gold and ya see, we think Kidman might let ya down. We don’t wanna see it happen so, if ya need us…you know what to do.

Waltman: Hey guys; I really appreciate it, but me and Billy are gonna win those titles, don’t worry about it guys. Anyway; Big Kev and Trips oughta focus on this Elimination Chamber match, it sounds pretty rough.

Nash: Hey man, we’re ready to go for this thing you know? Me and Trips; we’ve got each others back in the match. If I don’t win; he wins it’s the way things go down around here. Us five; we’re family man, and family watch one another’s backs.

The five all shook hands and stuff and the camera cut to another camera outside the locker room where Billy Kidman was just standing there looking rather pissed off. Oooo, do I smell tension in the ranks?

Commercial Break

Nitro returns and we get a rundown of the ‘Road Wild’ card starting from the bottom upwards.

* Nick Dinsmore vs. Mark Jindrak

* The Road Warriors vs. The F.B.I. (Guido, Vito and the Bull)

* WCW United States title “Lions Den” match – Ken Shamrock vs. Chris Kanyon ©

* WCW Tag Team titles – Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo vs. Sean Waltman and Billy Kidman vs. Lance Storm and Mike Awesome ©

* WCW Hardcore title – Terry Funk vs. Big Bubba Rogers vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Rob Van Dam ©

* WCW World Heavyweight title “Elimination Chamber” match – Goldberg vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Triple H vs. Booker T vs. Kevin Nash ©

They say that’s the whole ‘Road Wild’ card but say there’s still one last stop before they get to Portland, Oregon this Sunday and that’s the visit to Corvallis, Oregon Friday night for Thunder. They say we won’t want to miss it as all six men who are involved in the Elimination Chamber match will be in action in a big six-man tag as Goldberg, DDP and Booker T take on Jeff Jarrett, Triple H and Kevin Nash. Yay…I think.

Nitro returns to the ring to see the ‘Grand Kanyon’ set all ready to go and Chris Kanyon and co. are making their way out to the ring. Alexis goes and stands outside the ring while Mike Sanders comes over and sits alongside Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson at the announce booth and Kanyon goes into the ring.

Kanyon: Hello and welcome to ANOTHER edition of the Grand Kanyon, but before we get started tonight I want to ask a simple question; who betta than Kanyon?

The fans booed but it was hilarious because on the Nitro screen a video of Alexis saying “Nobody’s betta than Kanyon!” with her thumbs up was played! Ha ha! Sanders told Hudson and Schiavone to say it, but they refused. The crowd loudly booed this as the camera cut between Kanyon and Alexis with both having a huge cheesy grin and Alexis stuck her thumbs up. Sanders called the commentators losers because they don’t recognise excellence.

Kanyon: Yeah, it’s true…I’m just up there in the three greatest wrestlers in the in history…that Mortis fella, some amazing wrestler called Chris Klucsaritis and of course…Chris Kanyon! I wanna comment about my Lions Den match with Ken Shamrock at ‘Road Wild’. I have the reputation all over the WORLD of being an amazing TECHNICAL wrestler…I don’t wrestle in these, these hardcore weapony match things! To make it worse, I’m gonna be LOCKED inside this cage thing with an animal, an ANIMAL! But it’s ok…because I have an ace up my sleeve; I WILL come out of the Lions Den United States champion and you can mark my words on that! But now, without any further adieu, my first quest, the inadequate one…Curt Hennig!

Curt Hennig slowly made his way to the ring and gave a sorta of a ‘ha ha not funny’ laugh while looking at Kanyon. He made his way into the ring and picked up the spare microphone on the seat.

Hennig: The ‘inadequate one’ eh? Well, ya see I heard different; I head it was YOU who was inadequate in a certain place (crowd laughs on cue)! But we’re not here to talk about your shortcomings are we Chris?

Kanyon: Shortcomings!?! Lemme tell you something buster I…you’re right, we’re here to talk about why you seem to think you have the right to stick your stinking nose in MY business?

Hennig: Your business eh? I recall it was you and your little lover Randy who attacked me a couple of weeks ago costing me a match against Shawn Stasiak; forget that did ya?

Kanyon: Yeah but…he ain’t my lover! I dumped him alre…

Hennig: You dumped him eh?

Kanyon: SHUT UP!!! THIS IS MY SHOW DAMN YOU!!! We beat you up after you INSINUATED that I was g…that Randy and I were having a ‘relationship’…

Hennig: And are you?

Kanyon: MY SHOW!!! STOP ASKING QUESTION’S!!! I ASK QUESTIONS!!! ME!!!

Hennig: Woah calm down Chris; hitting a little to close to home am I?

Kanyon: Curt…I ask the questions, you answer them…that’s how this works ok? If people treated Brutus FRIGGIN Beefcake with respect, why the hell can’t you respect me Curt? Huh? Listen to me Curt; answer my question; why did you stick your nose in my business?

Hennig: It’s simple Chris…

Kanyon: …yes? What is?

Hennig: The answer to your silly little question…

Kanyon: Oh…WELL!?! Answer it then!

Hennig: OH…you want an answer right NOW?

Kanyon: YES!!! Is it such a hard concept to grasp?

Hennig: No, I just like to annoy you…

Kanyon: URGH!!

The crowd were eating this right up and Kanyon’s going bananas after pretty much every little thing is great to see. Mike Sanders is also getting annoyed on commentary as Scott Hudson tries to hold himself from laughing.

Hennig: Anyway…isn’t it time for you to bring out Ken Shamrock?

Kanyon: No…he’ll come out when I SAY SO! This is MY show and things go how I want…and you STILL haven’t answered my question!

Hennig: I’ll tell you what; let’s do a little poll here?

Kanyon: What? No; I don’t want a poll so it wo…

Curt Hennig places his hand over Kanyon’s mic.

Hennig: Who here thinks that we should bring out Ken Shamrock (crowd of course pops big. Kanyon is still trying to yank the microphone away from Hennig)? That’s a resounding yes I think, so I present to you ALL here and at home…Ken Shamrock!

Ken Shamrock comes walking out and he looks ready to go! He’s staring a hole straight through Kanyon here, and Mike Sanders sees it and leaves the announce table and gets on the apron only to get knocked right off with a right hand from Hennig. Kanyon jumps Hennig from behind but then gets jumped himself as Shamrock attacks! Shamrock hits a BIG belly-to-belly suplex and then hit the same on Sanders who tried to get in the ring with him. Kanyon tried to leave the ring but Hennig caught him, picked him up and tossed him to Shamrock who hit another belly-to-belly before locking in the Ankle Lock! Hennig acted as the guard dog while Shamrock attempted to snap Kanyon’s ankle but Hennig told him to let go, audibly saying something about wanting him uninjured at ‘Road Wild’. Mike Sanders and Alexis pulled Shamrock from the ring and slowly tried to leave up the ramp as we cut to the back. Really, really well done segment here that had me laughing at Kanyon’s reaction to Hennig here. I think they’re pushing for a Hennig/Shamrock vs. Kanyon/Sanders feud or something.

We cut to the back and see Jeff Jarrett, Symphony and the guitar walking down a corridor. Jarrett has a plaster on his forehead where he was busted open on Thunder by DDP.

Jarrett: Page is dead meat; who does he think he is hitting me in the head with the title belt? Huh? Well that Slapnut is gonna find out what ya get for messing with me!

Symphony: And that slut of a wife he has is gonna get stripped of her dignity Jeff! I’m gonna embarrass her the same way her husband embarrassed you on Thunder!

They finally reach a door marked ‘DDP’ and after “gearing up” I guess you could call it, they burst in to…find the room empty! They look and see themselves on the TV screen, and Jarrett looks around the room and behind the door but nothing. Jarrett and Symphony curse their luck and prepare to leave…DDP was in the locker! DDP comes out and brawls with Jarrett taking a serious beating here. Page grabs him by the shoulder and throws him into the locker, closing and PADLOCKING the door behind him! DDP turns his attentions to Symphony who is slowly backing off with a terrified look on her face. Symphony is still backing off when suddenly her top is ripped CLEAN OFF! WOWWY! The camera pans behind her to see Kimberly standing behind her with Symphony’s top in hand! She then knocks Symphony to the floor and after pulling and pulling for a little while pulls her skirt right off as well! YIPPEE! Symphony clambers to her feet, covering herself with her discarded rags before rushing out the locker room door.

DDP: Ha ha, see Kim I told you; the TV is the best weapon around.

Kimberly: What are we going to do with Jarrett?

DDP: Ah let’s leave him here. Hey, you fancy going for a meal?

Kimberly: Sure!

DDP and Kimberly walk out of the locker room with Jarrett still banging away at the locker door as Nitro goes to its final commercial break.

Commercial Break

Lance Storm and Sean O’Haire vs. Mike Awesome and Billy Kidman vs. Chuck Palumbo and Sean Waltman

This is gonna be a BITCH to follow because I really can’t won’t be able to remember who’s with who here. This is under triple-threat rules so one guy from each team starts. Lance Storm, Billy Kidman and Chuck Palumbo are the lucky three to start as WCW keep the teams from going at it with one-another. This was classicy triple-threat action in one guy gets knocked down and the other two go at it, wash, rinse and repeat. Chuck and Kidman decided to double-team Lance Storm and hit a double suplex before Chuck TURNED on Kidman and decked him with a Jungle kick. He went to O’Haire to tag him in but remembered he wasn’t his partner and fell victim to a schoolboy roll-up from Lance Storm only to kick out at the last second. I do sense some legitimate confusion in this match and don’t really expect it to get any better. Apparently from what I’ve heard they didn’t even get the chance to run through this match at house shows or whatever, which would’ve been fine if it were a normal TV match but this is just a dodgy mis-match thingy here that is there to confuse everyone I believe. Lance Storm tags in Sean O’Haire, who stares a hole right through him…and nails him with a right hook to the jaw, knocking him out of the ring! Palumbo and O’Haire are standing in the ring opposite one-another and are about to go it when Mike Awesome and Billy Kidman jump them from behind. Awesome pounded away at Palumbo in one corner and Kidman on O’Haire in another. The two looked at one another and nodded before attempting to whip their opponents into each other. However, it didn’t quite work out like that. Both Palumbo and O’Haire reversed the whip and sent Kidman and Awesome crashing into each other before they nailed them both with stereo super kicks! Palumbo and O’Haire got really psyched up but then turned round and met eye-to-eye. The crowd really started to get into it here as the two nodded at each other and started going toe-to-toe, blow for blow against one another! It was Palumbo who got the upper hand and sent O’Haire crashing into Sean’s corner but missed the follow up clothesline and O’Haire stepped out the way. O’Haire then whipped Palumbo into the opposite corner where Sean Waltman got a blind tag. O’Haire did the 10 punch in the corner and waited for Palumbo to come out as he walked straight into the Widow Maker! Waltman got into the ring and waited for O’Haire to turn around as he hit the X-Effect! He made the cover, but Billy Kidman broke up the pin! Kidman and Waltman looked at one-another with Kidman looking slightly pissed off while Waltman really didn’t know what was going on. Kidman lunged at him and unloaded with some cool offence. Back and forth shit here between the two cruisers with Kidman trying for the Kid Krusher but that was reversed into an attempted X-Effect, but that was reversed into an attempt from Kidman to hit a Rydeen bomb, but THAT was blocked as Waltman tried for a powerbomb. But of course, YOU CAN’T POWERBOMB KIDMAN who hit his facebuster move before stopping from exhaustion as the crowd gave a long applause. I applauded to. Kidman got to his feet and saw Waltman lying on the mat, just begging to get attacked, so Kidman looked up at the top rope, then at Waltman, then at the crowd before pointing to the top rope. This got a big pop, so Kidman went to the top rope…and hit the Shooting Star Press! He made the cover…1…2…Mike Awesome breaks it up! What the hell? Awesome hooks Kidman up and hits the Awesome Bomb on his own partner. Lance Storm tosses Sean O’Haire to him who suffers the same fate, as does Chuck Palumbo. The Tag Team champions pose in the ring as their music hits…? Huh? Where’s the finish? Nitro goes off the air with Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson hyping up the big six-man tag on Thunder this Friday and demands that everyone watches it.

Rundown

Winners: No Contest (17:15)

Ok; I totally underestimated how much fun that was. It was pretty confusing at times, but it was great seeing the guys going at it against their own teammates and stuff. The ending was good but also left me feeling ripped off (ok, it’s free TV but still) because there were no winners. I liked the fact they played up the fact Kidman doesn’t seem to trust Waltman, the (former) Thrillers don’t really care who they fight as long as they can fight and it established Storm and Awesome as the favourites. ‘Road Wild’ looks pretty good at the moment.

** ¾ - Looses a * for not having an ending.

Pretty good show, I liked the whole nWo/Waltman segment. You played up the whole Clique thing very well and I like the way you have Waltman as sort of a tweener. I can't see him and Kidman winning the titles due to their problems. The Kanyon segment was great and he's easily the best character in the whole diary. I hope you have bigger things planned for him after he drops the US title in the future. I hope Jindrak goes over Dinsmore, I always thought Jindrak could have been something big in WCW. Keep up the awesome work man :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

that was a very good show once again. The grand kanyon segment was by far my favorite part of the show. I also caught the Shane Helms reference in the Goldberg interview, another sign of a huge push going his way. keep it up.

user posted image

Friday 24th August 2001

WCW Superstar Nick Dinsmore involved in serious car accident

New just released to us says that WCW superstar Nick Dinsmore has been seriously injured in a car crash today as he traveled from Portland International Airport to the Rose Garden, the site of this Sunday's 'Road Wild' pay-per-view in which he is scheduled to be a part of. We don't have any details as of yet apart from the news that he is currently in intensive care at a local hospital. We at WCW Fan News.com send all our prayers to Nick at this time and we pray that he will recover.

-- Chapter 27 --

Friday 24th August 2001

The crash...

Bischoff: What happened? What HAPPENED!?! I need to know...

Police Officer I: Just stand back...you need to keep back!

Bischoff had arrived on the scene as quickly as he could after hearing about the accident. He had touched down at the airport a couple of hours before Nick Dinsmore did and had spoken to him there. Bischoff stayed there as he was meeting a couple of friends at a hotel nearby who were coming up to see the show. He got a phonecall from Dustin Rhodes just after police and ambulance crews had arrived at the scene. Rhodes was in a car behind Dinsmore and saw the big accident with his own eyes and he just couldn't believe it. A big 18-wheeler seemed to just spin out of control and Dinsmore, with no time to turn away or anything, crashed straight into the side of the truck. Two other cars had been involved in the accident; Dinsmore's looked a total mess, but wasn't the worse of the three. It was clear that another car had been completely and utterly wrecked, and it would be a miracle if anyone had survived that. Rhodes didn't know what to do, but he knew that Bischoff was still in the area so he called him and told him about the accident and told him to get down here immedietly. Bischoff immediately dropped everything and got his friend to drive him to the site. Bischoff spotted Dustin sitting in a fetal position against his own car.

Bischoff: Dustin! Dustin are you alright?

Dustin didn't respond, so Bischoff ran over to him to check if he was ok.

Bischoff: Dustin...? Dustin are you ok?

Dustin: It, it just swerved...it seemed fine and...he didn't see it...

Dustin's voice was trembling as Bischoff heard and felt the fear and pain in his voice. Dustin couldn't believe what he had witnessed. Hundreds of motorists had stopped at the road side to look at the crash, hoping to catch a peek of something. 'These people have no respect; they're a bunch of vultures! Someone might have fucking died here!'.

Bischoff: Dustin? Dustin I'm going to try and...*sigh*...I'll be back.

Bischoff got up and headed towards the police that had cordoned off the area, not letting anyone through except for medics, doctors and fellow officers. Bischoff walked towards an opening, but the officers quickly stopped him from proceeding any further.

Bischoff: I need to know what's happening...one of the men in those cars works for me!

Police Officer II: I'm sorry but we can't just...hey; you're Eric Bischoff right?

Bischoff: Yes and the guy in the car is Nick Dinsmore, please...

Police Officer II: I'm really sorry; we can't let anyone through except for the doctors. I'm sorry...

Bischoff didn't bother arguing, he just backed off, deep in thought. He couldn't believe what had happened. He thought about his reaction to seeing this stuff on the news and, while usually shocked and thinking about the injured, he didn't really know how much it could effect someone when they knew the person. While Dinsmore wasn't family or anything nor was he really close to him, he was an employee and therefore a member of his 'extended family' and he couldn't believe what was happening. This was not right...

Holy crap! Dinsmore is dead! Must be a big in game inury. I like the way you played this though, could lead to something with Dustin Rhodes. Anyways, the show was good and I liked the Kanyon segment best. The main event was stillg ood though, and the Road Warriors vs. Luger and Rick added a nice realism tot he whole WCW feeling. Plus, it helped get over the FBI to some degree. Can't wait for the last show.

This diary is on a little bit of a hiatus at the moment I suppose is the right word to use. I've got Pro Evolution 4 the other day, Football Manager is coming soon, I work Fridays and Saturday's now and I'll be starting a IT course within the next week or so, so I'm gonna be shit-busy with tonnes of stuff. I will try and update this as much as possible, but right now I'm a little burned out from this diary.

I have NO intentions of ending it, but the updates will be less than before.

Also, in another effort to keep my interest for longer, the matches will simply be cut down a lot more. I'm gonna try and do a little bit of a "highlights" bit in the middle and then the ending, simply like that for the TV matches, PPV matches will be what they were before.